Is "Trophy Hunting" easier these days?

A-Rebirth

Well to continue on the point that others have made. I believe it can be easier by choice. You can actively seek out far more easier games than ever before. But that's not to say that there isn't difficult games as well. It's just a higher quantity of games being made and more access to far more easier games. I definitely believe developers are creating lists that are easier to try and increase sales, mainly indy developers I would assume. So yes maybe the percentage of easier games has increased but I would say it's only marginal, it's just the fact that there's far more games and if you like you could exploit that and just platinum all of the easy ones.

Well, there are more fast/easy games. For those who only want fast trophies, it has certainly become easier. They just need to spend a bit of money on trophies games to get to a high level.

I wouldn't say it's easier for the others, there are still many challenging and/or time consuming games out there. If it's easier for you, then it's due to the games you play or because you got better over time. There are also more guides available than ten years ago, we can just read those and follow them to a T. There's no need to figure it out the hard way on our own if the don't want to. And there are video guides showing you exactly how to do things.

If anything, I'd say that there are many ways to make it easier that weren't available 10 years ago, but games requiring skill or a lot of time still exist, if it's too easy to get trophies, try your hands on different games.

Since indy games usually last less than a retail game, the trophy list for said games sould be easier to complete. The boom indy games have at the time makes it easier to find games with easy trophy lists. 

I've lived this since I joined PS+. Every month I get at least one game, which is usually an indy with an easy trophy list, which has increased the number of trophies I get.

With indie games I would say its easier mostly because they contain simple easy trophies to earn the platinum quick. But with top games like Battlefield,Call of Duty,Final Fantasy,etc I say its harder. Reason i say this is because of the dlc trophies. When games first came out on ps3 they didn't contain any dlc trophies so no extra money needed to be spent. Now that is just for if your a completionist but if you are a regular trophy hunter who just plays games for fun or just wants to earn the platinum then I say it is more challenging.

Edited by marvelboy10

Depends on the games, but I'd just say that the library of Playstation games has grown considerably compared to when the PS3 was still new, and back then, not all games even had trophy support, and some never received any when it became mandatory for games to have trophy lists.

I remember before trophies were even a thing, I'd often 100% a few games, particularly platformers such as the PS1 Spyro trilogy and Mario games, just for the fun of it, without any guides or walkthroughs. It's not that they didn't exist (I'm sure they did), but I had crappy dial-up internet back then, and I didn't use the internet much anyhow being a kid and all. It was pretty fun, and felt a bit more like an achievement when I did everything myself. But nowadays, I'd rather use a guide to help me get through a game, rather than re-searching a certain level for hours trying to find that last gem. I don't have as much time for games as I used to unfortunately, so I prefer not waste the time I do have on games.