Uncharted 4. 8.7 mil sold copies

K1r1ll228

8 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

Quite understandable. However, you must still be minority. How many people can wait for GOTY edition? 
I really can't see any reason why someone has a PS4 wouldn't get one of its best exclusive game. ( apart from valid ones like yours )

Because owning a system doesn't make you a fan of its exclusives. 

• Like 1

I don't see how you guys are bitching about a game that is basically bundled for free, especially when that is much more cost effective than simply buying it off Amazon or any standard retail store.

This is basically the same thing as people bitching about Batman Arkham Knight, and that was also bundled for the PS4. The Batmobile sucked, the Riddler trophies were atrocious, the story was lame, whatever people thought was bad others basically jumped on the bandwagon. 

After all was said and done the game is probably my favorite Batman game of all time, and this is coming from a guy who played the NES titles. Of course, this is my own humble opinion, but in all honesty, people get too worked up over this. 

For me, I'm not a fan of first person multiplayer shooters. They're just not my thing, but I'm not out trying to convince others who do enjoy those games to not buy them. Wasn't too happy with Fallout 4 either, but that's mainly because I grew up playing the first two titles. Never played Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Uncharted 4 is a story, with a mix of Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones with its own style. You don't like it, you can just as well sell it. Could be for any number of reasons, but to each their own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

But there won't be a GOTY, Overwatch took that.

There is no definitive game of the year. Each website can give out their own game of the year awards if they like. I'm sure Uncharted 4 won somewhere. I mean even Dead Island received a GOTY edition back in the day and that was crap. :P

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

There is no definitive game of the year. Each website can give out their own game of the year awards if they like. I'm sure Uncharted 4 won somewhere. I mean even Dead Island received a GOTY edition back in the day and that was crap. :P

Oh yeah UC4 won countless GOTYs from so many other reviewers. I was just referring to the official Game Awards that happened in December. I assumed those were the awards that dictated whether or not a game gets a GOTY edition.

Just now, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Oh yeah UC4 won countless GOTYs from so many other reviewers. I was just referring to the official Game Awards that happened in December. I assumed those were the awards that dictated whether or not a game gets a GOTY edition.

Nah, as long as one site gives their game a GOTY award, they can make a GOTY edition. It doesn't even matter if nobody has even heard of the site before. I don't know who gave Dead Island an award, but it certainly wasn't one of the big sites. I don't think the Game Awards even existed back then.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nah, as long as one site gives their game a GOTY award, they can make a GOTY edition. It doesn't even matter if nobody has even heard of the site before. I don't know who gave Dead Island an award, but it certainly wasn't one of the big sites. I don't think the Game Awards even existed back then.

Oh really? Thanks for filling me in, was confused. Here's to UC4 getting a GOTY then!

9 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

It's frustrating that any company created a perception that they the Official anything. They're just called The Game Awards. As Undead Wolf said, any site, publication or person can call something GOTY. There is no definitive source who is the only one that can declare something GOTY.

Gameslice?! Who the fuck?! Oh, look at that. They're funded by Viacom. They're just spending the money to put themselves out there as the official authority. They shouldn't be able to call their awards show THE Game Awards. They should have to call it Gameslice Game Awards so people know who's really behind the curtain.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2017 at 11:55 AM, MilanYildirim said:

It hasn't even announced yet so l don't think people actually bought a PS4 because they are hoping there will be a new Jak game.
I don't want to believe that rest 40ish m people got their console just to play CoD or Fifa

Well , i know s couple of my friends qho only bought the PS4 in order to play the annual release of FIFA,  NBA and COD. So those kind of  players tend to make the majority of the install base of the console , that can also applyto XBone with it's mostly FPS and sports base players only . 

On 05/01/2017 at 8:30 PM, AnimeDreama said:

Because owning a system doesn't make you a fan of its exclusives. 

You're absolutely right . Many people really don't care about their console exclusives and only seem to care about the multiplataform AAA they can get in another console or PC . The choice of console for those players seem to run around the marketitng they see telling them that X console is more powerful and cool than Y console , they like a controller better or there friends are playing on a specific system .