Uncharted 4. 8.7 mil sold copies

K1r1ll228

That seem like a lot but for sure it doesn't.
Sony has just declared that they sold 56m unit of PS4. Given the fact that Uncharted 4 is best or one of the best game of PS4, 8.7 is really like a fart in the hurricane.
C'mon people what are you waiting for?! Get this masterpiece. 
I hope it will hit 20m.

Edited by MilanYildirim
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MilanYildirim said:

Sony has just declared that they sold 56m unit of PS4. Given the fact that Uncharted 4 is best or one of the best game of PS4, 8.7 is really like a fart in the hurricane.
C'mon people what are you waiting for?! Get this masterpiece. 
I hope it will hit 20m.

Jak 4

OT:

PS4 sold a lot recently, all the bundles that included Uncharted 4 are probably the reason this number is so high. Still though, congrats to Sony - PS4 has overtaken the PS2 again.

C1XsqgBXcAI9ASY.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, MilanYildirim said:

It hasn't even announced yet so l don't think people actually bought a PS4 because they are hoping there will be a new Jak game.
I don't want to believe that rest 40ish m people got their console just to play CoD or Fifa

Well, I have a PS4 and I don't have U4, CoD or FIFA. The reason I don't have U4 yet? Waiting on the GOTY edition.

(I won't ever be buying CoD or FIFA)

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Well, I have a PS4 and I don't have U4, CoD or FIFA. The reason I don't have U4 yet? Waiting on the GOTY edition.

Quite understandable. However, you must still be minority. How many people can wait for GOTY edition? 
I really can't see any reason why someone has a PS4 wouldn't get one of its best exclusive game. ( apart from valid ones like yours )

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Well.. I already bought an Uncharted special edition and probably I will buy GOTY edition

16 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I doubt there will be a GOTY edition to be honest. There's no extra content to bundle it with considering all the online stuff is free and the story chapter is now standalone, and no doubt will have its own retail release like inFamous First Light had. 

• Like 3

I wonder if they count the games sold with PS4 because not everyone wants it and just the system. On Black Friday I bought the PS4 and before he even gave me the system I asked him to take UC4 out and trade it in. So I mean, I never wanted UC4 and really don't want to add to those statistics.

I bought Uncharted 4 within two days after launch. Didn't disappoint me once, and it sets the standard of the power of the Playstation 4.

Did the free DLC, only have two trophies left to 100 percent but quite frankly I don't really care. If I can get a platinum on a game I want to get a platinum on, then that's all that matters. If the DLC is good like Witcher 3, then I would buy it, but otherwise I just move on.

Funny enough my PS4 came with Batman: Arkham Knight.

1 hour ago, MilanYildirim said:

Quite understandable. However, you must still be minority. How many people can wait for GOTY edition? 
I really can't see any reason why someone has a PS4 wouldn't get one of its best exclusive game. ( apart from valid ones like yours )

Some of us aren't fans of Uncharted. To me they're just linear corridor shooters that are more about style over substance. It's like it took everything from Tomb Raider, squashed out all the elements that made TR a great game (atmosphere, although the TR games lost that after Core left imo and Uncharted's atmosphere is absolutely laughable compared to the classic TR games, puzzles, although those were dumbed down after Core left imo, and Uncharted puzzles are an absolute joke, exploration, which Uncharted has none of since it's just linear corridors all the time), and then enhanced all the poorer parts (shooting, white ledge platforming, poor story - TR didn't really focus on the story, so it being bad wasn't a big deal, whereas it's a huge focus in Uncharted, so the poor story and characters really stand out).

I have 0 interest in playing Uncharted 4 after being repeatedly disappointed by the franchise with the PS3 games. Only Golden Abyss offered any sort of consistent enjoyment tbh, and even that was pretty mediocre.

There are much, much better exclusives on offer like DriveClub, Ratchet & Clank, inFamous First Light, etc. etc.

• Like 1

As already identified, bundling the game with hardware is probably the reason this number is so high. Even with 50m consoles in the wild, the typical attach rate for the average console is still quite low.

I'd imagine that members of this forum are wildly unrepresentative of the average gamer. We're the gamers that take the hobby seriously, read news, watch conferences and treat gaming as our #1 hobby. Our attach rates will be quite high, with tens or even hundreds of games on our profiles/PSN accounts.

Average attach rates across the whole console userbase will be much lower, often below 10 (excluding free PS+ games) pieces of software per console (IIRC - now a few years out of date, but then again, not every new PS4 owner would buy more than 10 games when they buy the console). The average gamer might just buy the really big-hitter AAA titles like FIFA, CoD and GTA.

So 8.7m sales of this one game, i.e. roughly 17% of the PS4 userbase, is quite the achievement. Well done Naughty Dog and Sony. 

I guess i'm the second.Also,that's a nice stat.8.7 mil copies and 200k owners here.Is there a site with accurate sold copies for ps3/ps4? 

Rented it, played the shit out of it, platinum'd it, done with it. No need to buy the game. I'll pick up the standalone DLC's disc release, since it will hopefully only be 20/30 bucks, but I ain't paying 40 odd bucks (cheapest price I can find) for a copy of a game I've already finished and won't be replaying for probably a few years minimum.

I loved the game, it was a great game, arguably the best in the series (if you ignore the previous ones and all the plot holes this one created), but these aren't the most replayable games. They're basically just a really long movie, and I don't generally rewatch the same movie multiple times a year, so uh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

Sony has just declared that they sold 56m (actually 53.4 as of January 1, 2017) unit of PS4. 8.7m (U4 copies sold) is really like a fart in the hurricane.

Please send me 16.29% of your income, since it's really like a fart in a hurricane.

Think about a 16.29% tie rate. That's actually an incredible tie rate considering the diverse gaming public these days. Also, this number does not (can't really) include 2nd hand sales from people who played/platted it and traded it in to a retailer, sold it to a friend, lent it to friends or just gave it to someone.

I'm astounded when any developer moves 1 million (Think about a MILLION people!) copies, let alone a title that isn't free or anywhere near "cheap". This game moved 8.7m copies this shortly into it's lifespan. It's going to keep moving a bunch more through bundles and word of mouth over the next year.

Let me know when you'd like my address to send that check.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

I'm waiting for GotY edition! :> I'm a fan, and I'm still waiting! But I don't really own a PS4 either.

Edited by MMDE

2 hours ago, Lion of the Lolis said:

I wonder if they count the games sold with PS4 because not everyone wants it and just the system. On Black Friday I bought the PS4 and before he even gave me the system I asked him to take UC4 out and trade it in. So I mean, I never wanted UC4 and really don't want to add to those statistics.

Sorry, you definitely added to those statistics. It's the reason why Wii Sports was one of the best selling Wii games despite not being available for purchase separately for about 3 years after the console released.

Meh, U4 is overrated. Its definitely not PS4's best game, especially if were including 3rd parties. Why does a game that almost doesnt innovate, puts so much of its efforts into impressing and delivering to players on its first PT (which is generally easy and not respectable at all), and focuses and strongest aspect is its narrative? This is a game, not a movie. U4, unlike TLOU, goes back to focusing on narrative with the gameplay highlights being movie like action sequences/setpieces. Only games that keep you coming back for more and actually demand a reason or reasons to keep playing them and that have focus on gameplay (since youre playing a game, not watching a mov... cutscene), clearly like Dishonored 2 or Overwatch, deserve goty. U4 is never getting my vote. The day I offer my vote for a game (that focuses on narrative and presents itself like a movie intentionally) on its narrative would be when it strikes a balance of good gameplay also, like TLOU.

ND finally perfected the great gameplay, great narrative formula with TLOU, but then U4 remains the same as the other Uncharted games with temporary held guns, only two carrable guns, actual worse melee combat (it has less depth than U3's and directly strips TLOU's melee system), etc. No weapon wheel, rpg elements, etc. U4 is good for a single playthrough, and since its an linear action/adv game (not even minimally openworld), youll never get (hrs) what you get in rpgs or games like Dying Light, Far Cry, Overwatch, Final Fantasy, etc. The MP was also terrible at launch, thus not making up for the replayvalue that the campaign does not offer and then the mp itself not delivering on itself, even for vanilla standards. Clearly thats a legitimate con.

So a game that focuses on narrative that isnt a IM game, has decent gameplay, and has no replayvalue deserves GOTY? Nah. Please give it to Dishonored 2 or Overwatch, actual money worth investing games and games that actually spark an addictive interest to keep PLAYING the GAME despite NOT being RPGS. 

U4 is too much of quality in the wrong places. Its actually disrespectful that the art themes of the game and the narrative will always overshadow the gameplay.

(TLOU2 by default of its existence will be better than U4.)

3 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

As someone said above, no point. Those decisions made sense back in the PS3 era, but now is a waste of time. Maps are free and U4 specifically isnt a content heavy enough game to justify waiting for a goty edition, like say Dying Light (lowkey GOTY Enhanced Edition). GOTYs worth buying would be like Fallout 4's (if it had one) or something. The best thing youll get from the goty would be the story expansion, IF it was to even be included, and thats clearly not worth waiting for in a gotye. (The predorder bonuses also are not special, especially since theyre MP useful only.) U4 is getting all its content free: modes, maps, guns.... goty is pointless unless you want that irrelevant new art box cover.

5 minutes ago, Mar said:

As someone said above, no point. Those decisions made sense back in the PS3 era, but now is a waste of time. Maps are free and U4 specifically isnt a content heavy enough game to justify waiting for a goty edition, like say Dying Light (lowkey GOTY Enhanced Edition). GOTYs worth buying would be like Fallout 4's (if it had one) or something. The best thing youll get from the goty would be the story expansion, IF it was to even be included, and thats clearly not worth waiting for in a gotye. (The predorder bonuses also are not special, especially since theyre MP useful only.) U4 is getting all its content free: modes, maps, guns.... goty is pointless unless you want that irrelevant new art box cover.

It's all about getting all the content for the cheapest possible price. If all the trophy enabled add-on content ends up all being free, and the SP add-on is just a standalone game with the trophies not being included with the U4 base game, then a GOTY edition is unrequired. I still haven't seen U4 drop below the £20 price range, which is a price range I never go over for any game, regardless of how good it is.

55 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sorry, you definitely added to those statistics. It's the reason why Wii Sports was one of the best selling Wii games despite not being available for purchase separately for about 3 years after the console released.

I figured as much. I'm not gonne be a stickler though. Just because I thoroughly don't enjoy the series, doesn't mean others shouldn't.  If my addition to tge statistics encourages them to DLC or further the series for fans, by all means go ahead.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mar said:

Meh, U4 is overrated.

So U4 deserves GOTY? Nah.

Well... way to disparage what other people may find enjoyable about games just because you don't feel the same.

Also 1,000 different places pick GOTYs. There isn't only one definitive place that determines GOTY and no one else is allowed. Hell, ND could determine it was *their* GOTY and release a GOTY edition. Again, GOTY can be for any subjective reason whatsoever. Shoehorning it into your specific requirements is a bit myopic.

I am one who also prefers GOTYs just because they typically tie everything available at that moment to one package, in other words: Convenience. Also, price is usually pretty good and it shows my support to a developer who are still acknowledging both their work and trying to win new fans.

I've finally got enough money put away to buy a ps4 bundle and I'm holding out until I can get one without U4 (or until I've cleared my ps3 backlog :o ). I could probably find an old Arkham Knight or Destiny one but for some reason they haven't hit the same price point as the U4 ones that dropped pre-Christmas. :dunno:

Will I eventually play and enjoy U4? Almost certainly, but I'd prefer to buy a used copy for $10 in a year or two. I'm a very patient purchaser, so if I'm going to drop that much money and get a new game with it, I'd prefer it to be something much higher on my wishlist. I'm also the kind of guy who loves when GOTY editions release because then I can find original copies somewhat cheaper. :D

It is however pretty darn amazing that a single party game without a huge MP base has sold almost 10mil copies in this amount of time though. :clap: