Game doesn't load anymore.

X7MWM

Good morning,
Take your shoes off and listen to my story. I'd been playing Driveclub (and loving it) for over two weeks and made excellent progress in trophy collecting. On 03/01/17, the game wouldn't load at all. It would very slowly get to the cut-scene, but the PS4 will automatically shut down the game and prompt to report a problem. I have cleaned the disc, rebuilt the database, restarted the PS4 and even deleted the 1.28 update and re-downloaded/installed it again. But none of these things are making it work again.

Has anybody had any similar experiences? What else can I do?

38 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Any chance you can keep playing without updates? Odds seems to be that the game s having trouble with your savefile. Dunno if progress is saved on Driveclub's cloud, but maybe you could delete it and retrieve such data?

I tried playing without updates too, but it urges me to connect to the internets and download the update. I saved the profile and progress file on a USB and deleted it off of system storage. 

I had the same type of issue on How to Survive Storm Watch Edition. The slow down and then crash about 5 minutes later every time I would load my save. Never was able to fix it regardless of what I did and never tried to play it again.

36 minutes ago, X7MWM said:

I tried playing without updates too, but it urges me to connect to the internets and download the update.

I saved the profile and progress file on a USB and deleted it off of system storage. 

But does the game FORCE you to download the update in order to read your save file?

Nah, that won't help. Your savefile should (if that is the issue) have too much information on it and there is no way to save. Try playing the game from scratch for 5 minutes see if the issue persists, so you can confirm or deny this theory.

38 minutes ago, skateak said:

I had the same type of issue on How to Survive Storm Watch Edition. The slow down and then crash about 5 minutes later every time I would load my save. Never was able to fix it regardless of what I did and never tried to play it again.

Unlucky man, that sounds terrible.

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

But does the game FORCE you to download the update in order to read your save file?

Nah, that won't help. Your savefile should (if that is the issue) have too much information on it and there is no way to save. Try playing the game from scratch for 5 minutes see if the issue persists, so you can confirm or deny this theory.

It forces me to get the update, regardless of internet connection and if my USB is plugged in or not.
I'll try loading it tonight with no savefile detection, and post the results. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...