X7MWM

Game doesn't load anymore.

19 posts in this topic

Good morning,
Take your shoes off and listen to my story. I'd been playing Driveclub (and loving it) for over two weeks and made excellent progress in trophy collecting. On 03/01/17, the game wouldn't load at all. It would very slowly get to the cut-scene, but the PS4 will automatically shut down the game and prompt to report a problem. I have cleaned the disc, rebuilt the database, restarted the PS4 and even deleted the 1.28 update and re-downloaded/installed it again. But none of these things are making it work again.

Has anybody had any similar experiences? What else can I do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you can keep playing without updates? Odds seems to be that the game s having trouble with your savefile. Dunno if progress is saved on Driveclub's cloud, but maybe you could delete it and retrieve such data?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Any chance you can keep playing without updates? Odds seems to be that the game s having trouble with your savefile. Dunno if progress is saved on Driveclub's cloud, but maybe you could delete it and retrieve such data?


I tried playing without updates too, but it urges me to connect to the internets and download the update. I saved the profile and progress file on a USB and deleted it off of system storage. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same type of issue on How to Survive Storm Watch Edition. The slow down and then crash about 5 minutes later every time I would load my save. Never was able to fix it regardless of what I did and never tried to play it again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, X7MWM said:

I tried playing without updates too, but it urges me to connect to the internets and download the update.

 

I saved the profile and progress file on a USB and deleted it off of system storage. 

But does the game FORCE you to download the update in order to read your save file?

 

Nah, that won't help. Your savefile should (if that is the issue) have too much information on it and there is no way to save. Try playing the game from scratch for 5 minutes see if the issue persists, so you can confirm or deny this theory.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, skateak said:

I had the same type of issue on How to Survive Storm Watch Edition. The slow down and then crash about 5 minutes later every time I would load my save. Never was able to fix it regardless of what I did and never tried to play it again.


Unlucky man, that sounds terrible.

 

 

8 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

But does the game FORCE you to download the update in order to read your save file?

 

Nah, that won't help. Your savefile should (if that is the issue) have too much information on it and there is no way to save. Try playing the game from scratch for 5 minutes see if the issue persists, so you can confirm or deny this theory.


It forces me to get the update, regardless of internet connection and if my USB is plugged in or not.
I'll try loading it tonight with no savefile detection, and post the results. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you save a lot of replays, they all end up in the save file making it huge, so if it's possible to delete them in game that might help?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richtayls said:

Do you save a lot of replays, they all end up in the save file making it huge, so if it's possible to delete them in game that might help?


I didn't save any replays at all. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is still dead. Even with no trace of my save file, the game won't load.
In summary: RIP Driveclub and my progress :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am dowbloding driveclub again to check what is going on for you matey. Hold on :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booted it up and am about to start a race. PS+ edition.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since I last posted. I bought a 2nd copy of the game, but this didn't make any difference. Could it be something wrong with the PS4? Even though every other game loads up no problem?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so rebuilding the system data didn't make a difference, and either did a full initialization. Running out of options and patience now!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, X7MWM said:

Alright, so rebuilding the system data didn't make a difference, and either did a full initialization. Running out of options and patience now!

Just for curiosity how did you solve the problem?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2017 at 7:20 AM, raulbalarezo said:

Just for curiosity how did you solve the problem?


I ended up buying a second PS4 to play the game on. I wasn't able to properly fix the issue in the end.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, X7MWM said:


I ended up buying a second PS4 to play the game on. I wasn't able to properly fix the issue in the end.

Well that sucks, and im done... the same happened to me with TLOU Remastered

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Edited by majo334
changed my mind
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.