The first time I've given up on 100%ing a game.

TheLiamK

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

4a11b118f4476c86fa8318cc7494a434.png
First time? Really?? :huh:

If it serves as consolation, you got Dead StarMidnight Club LA, Cloudberry Kingdom and Futuridium EP, all of them impossible to 100% (well, not cloudberry but still), so you have given up in a lot more already, you just don't know it.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

He's planning on going back to those he can't possibly 100% to 100% them. He's like a magician or something. Don't you get that? Also, it could be the first time he gave up, even if he played those before. He's also a time traveler of sorts, don't you see?

OP's whole point was "I always tell myself that I will eventually 100% every game I can" (emphasis mine) and that this is the first game he's voluntarily giving up on. It's valid to point out that some of his games are impossible to 100%, but there's no need to be sarcastic about it just because you didn't bother to read the post.

EDIT: YuriG, you're a class act for giving this post positive rep. lol :lol:

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 3

Wow, that is a lot of time. I've never played this game before and it's rare that I give up getting 100%s, but if it's what you say then in this case I think I also would've. I hate losing to hard games and I always enjoy playing them, even with the odd bit of shouting... and I never want to give up. I think hard trophies are also great to have in the trophy collection. However, grindy trophies like the ones you mentioned are usually not fun at all, nor do I see anything impressive about them in a trophy collection, so for me those trophies are less important ones. Even in general, I would say any trophy that really cannot be enjoyed at all shouldn't be done, no matter why (online, grind, just not enjoying the game etc)...

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Wow, that is a lot of time. I've never played this game before and it's rare that I give up getting 100%s, but if it's what you say then in this case I think I also would've. I hate losing to hard games and I always enjoy playing them, even with the odd bit of shouting... and I never want to give up. I think hard trophies are also great to have in the trophy collection. However, grindy trophies like the ones you mentioned are usually not fun at all, nor do I see anything impressive about them in a trophy collection, so for me those trophies are less important ones. Even in general, I would say any trophy that really cannot be enjoyed at all shouldn't be done, no matter why (online, grind, just not enjoying the game etc)...

I completely agree with this as I'm exactly the same with my trophy hunting but there's a point that if a trophy becomes to hard for me, then I just leave it and go back to in the future. There are a couple of platinums that I haven't got due to the fact that the last trophy is ridiculously hard/grindy (I'm looking at you nightmare mode in Deadlight?) and I eventually have to leave it as I'm getting so annoyed with it.

4 hours ago, RNumbers said:

OP's whole point was "I always tell myself that I will eventually 100% every game I can" (emphasis mine) and that this is the first game he's voluntarily giving up on. It's valid to point out that some of his games are impossible to 100%, but there's no need to be sarcastic about it just because you didn't bother to read the post.

EDIT: YuriG, you're a class act for giving this post positive rep. lol :lol:

I, or he, didn't read the post? :S I was joking with Yuri and giving him a hard time, because of his initial response about misunderstanding the "first time giving up". But I was also agreeing with him about the latter parts, because he should have been giving up the impossible ones. I guess someone, especially judging by how many likes your comment got, needs to have it explained.

Anyway, OP shouldn't feel bad about this one. They lost that 100% account when they did those impossible to 100% games. ;)

Edited by MMDE

25 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I, or he, didn't read the post? :S I was joking with Yuri and giving him a hard time, because of his initial response about misunderstanding the "first time giving up". But I was also agreeing with him about the latter parts, because he should have been giving up the impossible ones. I guess someone, especially judging by how many likes your comment got, needs to have it explained.

Anyway, OP shouldn't feel bad about this one. They lost that 100% account when they did those impossible to 100% games. ;)

I see. Sorry for any misunderstanding. :) No hard feelings, I hope.

• Like 1

Initially, I thought, this will never happen.  But I might just keep working on it in between other games.

There are 40+ guns in the game that have gun licenses attached, which require 1250 kills each to unlock.  8 licenses = 10,000 kills.  So I'm thinking I might try and get 1-2 licenses in between playing other games.

Admittedly, I've been playing for a week and only have 500ish kills, so it might take me the rest of my life :lol: