Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

And I'm going to go ahead and say now, I'm just not going to have the time to run this again next year.  Anyone else is welcome to take over and I'll gladly participate.  And anyone who found the spreadsheet useful is welcome to grab it and use it for their own personal use in tracking their trophy progress. 

I won't be able to do it next year as I'll be running 2 events. I hope someone takes over. 

As I planned, my completion rate improved to 95%, thanks to The Waliking Dead: Michonne. I also finished a couple of games I had to take care of long ago - InFamous: First Light and the last trophy from The Playroom (did the ninja level solo).

No ranks lower than A - that second goal was also achieved. I have 164 unearned trophies, so the 3rd goal wasn't met. Still, I'm satisfied with my progress, and I'll continue the challenge because there are some games to grind and I want to improve my stats to a nearly perfect level.

P.S. Yay, a new challenge! :dance:

[running off to register there]

December report

50th platinum!  This month i tried to get up some of my lowest ranked games. I succeeded with some but not with all, as more time went into other games. I have enjoyed this "challenge" it sure motivated me to pick up alot of older games and play them again or try to complete them. It has sparked the Trophy Hunter inside me. For 2018 I wont be joining something like this as im planning to get rid of as many multiplayer trophies i got from games i have played and still have to play. So alot of new games will be added to the trophy list but those will atleast be able to be completed if any servers shut down. And some small goals are playing 52 games this year and getting a high as possible completion percentage and a high rank on my country list. 

Didnt achieve my "goals" grade-wise but i'm very happy how it turned out! 

My stats now (jan 1) compared to dec 1

Current stats / goal

S: 51 +2 / 30 

A: 43 +3 / 40 

B: 12 = / 20 

C: 13 +1 / 14 
D; 3 -2 / 0  
E: 2 -3 / 0 
F: 0 -1 / 0 

Completion: 64.03% + 2.04%  

# of games played: 125 + 2  

# of completed games: 51 + 2 

# of unearned trophies: 1899 - 74 

Trophies per day: 1.17 + 0.05

World rank: 64113 - 6379 

Country rank: 904 - 90

Trophy rarity:  43.35%  -0.33%

• Like 1

Firstly many thanks to ladynadiad for running this challenge, I was one of the ones who didn't hit their goal as I just set the one which was to get to an average Rank A, but I only got to C.

I did, however, make significant strides over previous years, and thought I would look at some stats comparing 2016 and 2017.

In 2016 I earned trophies in 33 different games, the ranks ended up at:

S 0 (yep, I didn't 100% a single game in 2016!)

A 8 (24% of games played)

B 4 (12%)

C 2 (6%)

D 7 (21%)

E 12 (36%)

In 2017 my trophy hunting was re-inspired by A Casual Attack on Your Backlog which crucially didn't insist on 100% completion, instead focussing on finishing stories, I set myself goals to play my Rank E and D games to story completion and to get to a Rank A, without worrying about getting S ranks in the more grindy games.  I played some great games that I had neglected for years, starting with Black Flag and Ghostbusters and moving onto things like the Mass Effect Series.  I was bitten by the trophy bug at that point and also joined the seasonal 100% backlog completion challenges which I used to clear most of my backlog of Telltale games, notching up a lot of S ranks for very little effort, although some pretty good stories.  I also set myself a rule that if I bought a new game then I would play it through to story completion rather than my old approach of play it for a couple of days then forget about it.

So in 2017 I earned trophies in 54 games, the ranks achieved:

Platinums earned 13

S 28 (52% of games played)

A 16 (30%)

B 3 (6%)

C 4 (7%)

D 0 (0%)

E 3 (6%)

So overall I went from playing only 24% of games to some form of completion (Rank A or S), to over 80% in 2017.

Finally thanks to colinmazzini for running this challenge in 2018, which I shall be joining momentarily.

• Like 2