Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2017

S rank #77 - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune

L89ca31.png

An interesting card game for killing time on road trips. Easy enough even without boosters from Golden Abyss. One online trophy will require a partner, also there is no possibility to customize your decks for single player matches which makes the game a bit random. But still nothing too hard, AI can be pretty forgiving at times.

I wasn't into it at first and put it away. Same thing with Magic 2012. And then there was Gwent in Witcher 3 which I liked very much. It was pretty simple and it gave me more incentive to learn other card games.

My completion rate has reached 91% :dance:

Edited by K0t0bl1tz
  • Like 2

:platinum: #45 and S rank #78

Ld7b562.png

I'm already familiar with Asylum and City games. I have them on my old profile but never attempted to platinum any of them, mostly because of challenge maps. This game is a prequel to Asylum, and I enjoyed the story and crime scene reconstructions. But in order to get this nice and shiny platinum, you'll have to overcome a few things.

First, it's the 'undead' multiplayer trophies. I was planning to get all Batman Arkham platinums at some point. So when I heard about servers shutting down on December 4 last year (online trophies still obtainable though), I bought the game on sale and joined a local boosting team. These nice people helped me get all the stuff in two long sessions, and then I put the game away. Later, thanks to this challenge, I came back to it.

Second, it requires three full playthroughs, first being the longest (collectables, XP and upgrades, crime scenes and other side missions). There's also some missable stuff with the Dark Knight system and perfect fights with Shiva and Deathstroke. Then there are New Game Plus and I Am the Night modes, the latter (one life only) made easier with backing up your save to a USB stick. So it's easy to get really bored in the process.

Third, challenge maps. They say these are the easiest compared to other games, and I agree. The problem is in the number of obtainable medals. So you get all the medals on ranked maps, then you do sets of them in campaign mode with modifiers and then there's custom mode - same maps as ranked only with all modifiers available and no punishment for cheating with infinite charge on shock gloves. Nothing too hard but requires time and patience.

And, finally, the game isn't flawless in terms of optimization - I experienced some freezes and FPS drops, had to make a hard reset a couple of times. Also, when quickly gliding from district to district, there are problems with loading game areas and textures. Plus Batman feels a bit clumsy and slow at times while in combat and sometimes he doesn't hit the required target which leads to losing his combo. Well, nothing too bad though. The game is still playable and enjoyable.

DLCs are easy. I used the 'official' glitch on Initiation (you don't even have to own this DLC). I just couldn't get myself to doing all the same challenge maps again. Cold, Cold Heart is a story DLC, very short but there are some 'collectibles' and missable trophies involved.

Once again, a good starting point if you want to complete the series but you need to be aware of the 'undead' online servers. I'll get back to other Batman games when I run out of daily goodness which doesn't bother me as there are many easy trophies in Zen Pinball 2, and other games will add something to my completion. Also I don't think there are too many trophies so difficult I couldn't earn any of them in 10 days, so I should be fine until the end of this year, and it matches perfectly with my goals.

New (fake) milestone:

Finally got Rayman 3 off the D rank. It's been sitting there for like a year. I have come to terms with the fact I will never 100% it, but now it is a B rank. That will be good enough for a few years until I am doing this challenge to get rid of everything below an A rank. By the way it really isn't that challenging I just really don't like it. I played Rayman legends on PS4 and had a lot of fun. So I thought I would pick up another one. It was between 3 and origins. I figured a bunch of the origins levels were already in legends so I would take a chance on 3. Wrong choice.

In real update terms hit platinum 83 yesterday. I am edging ever closer to that platinum #100.

• Like 1

:platinum: #46 and S rank #79

spacer.pngL3feb61.png

I'd been saving it for a while - at first waiting for the original game to be ported, then waiting for a price drop, then saving it for easy dailies... But, finally, it's completed. Well, it's a great visual novel with puzzles and complex story. So I'm looking forward to get to other games of the series someday.

Meanwhile I haven't been playing much lately because of other activities, so I'm already 6 trophies overdue counting today's. But I have one or two Telltale freebies on my subscription just in case I reach 10, the situation I'm currently trying to avoid though. Old games won't complete themselves:comp:

July coming to a close, and I haven't even popped a plat this month. The longest I've been without one since early last summer. Will try to do Hitman Go tomorrow, but then have to plan for another easier plat next month. Mainly focusing on Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness for now, which will take me a month or two to plat.

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

July coming to a close, and I haven't even popped a plat this month. The longest I've been without one since early last summer. Will try to do Hitman Go tomorrow, but then have to plan for another easier plat next month. Mainly focusing on Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness for now, which will take me a month or two to plat.

It happens sometimes.  I know I still need to get off my butt and get my PS3 hooked up again after moving since most of my non-A ranks are PS3 games.  Only plat I popped this month was Ys Origin, though I made some good progress in FFX-2 and I'm working on a 100% run for that now and also trying to get monsters to oversoul so I can make decent progress in the bestiary.

12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

It happens sometimes.  I know I still need to get off my butt and get my PS3 hooked up again after moving since most of my non-A ranks are PS3 games.  Only plat I popped this month was Ys Origin, though I made some good progress in FFX-2 and I'm working on a 100% run for that now and also trying to get monsters to oversoul so I can make decent progress in the bestiary.

This month was a bit disappointing from a numbers perspective, but otherwise alright. I got the plat in Toukiden Kiwami, a game I considered forever incomplete before I got back to it and wrapped it up. Then there's the plat in God Wars: Future Past, a mediocre SRPG with 5+ crashes a day and a poor localization due to missing subtitles in the anime sequences when playing with Japanese voice acting. The progress I made in Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age was nice, but the interesting parts have yet to come. I'm looking forward to fight the optional bosses again and delve into the trials. There should be some more FFXII: Zodiac trophies this month, but no plat.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

This month was a bit disappointing from a numbers perspective, but otherwise alright. I got the plat in Toukiden Kiwami, a game I considered forever incomplete before I got back to it and wrapped it up. Then there's the plat in God Wars: Future Past, a mediocre SRPG with 5+ crashes a day and a poor localization due to missing subtitles in the anime sequences when playing with Japanese voice acting. The progress I made in Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age was nice, but the interesting parts have yet to come. I'm looking forward to fight the optional bosses again and delve into the trials. There should be some more FFXII: Zodiac trophies this month, but no plat.

Good luck to the both of you! Was trying to keep 2 plats a month for this year. I'm a little behind but not worried. Might have to be okay with just 1 a month until December. 

This month was pretty decent, but currently I'm 6 trophies overdue (still holding on though). Plus I found out the hard way that SteamWorld Dig doesn't have a shared trophy list. So even if it says "PS4/Vita", Vita has its own list. I just wanted to finish the game on Vita after a few trophies earned on PS4 long ago. Now I have another E rank with one trophy earned and with both versions not completed - it's a trap! ?

Quick update for July, not played all that much, or to be more precise playing Industry Giant 2 for 100 hours over the last couple of months has left me with little time for anything else, but I've finished it now so that's another Rank S.

I also bought Infinite Golf and Star Trek Bridge Crew.  Infinite Golf is quite good fun, the tournament holes have been good so far, although only on casual level so far, the community holes are as you would expect, some being 2 foot putts presumably because that's the quickest way to the trophy for sharing 10 holes, many others being massively complex holes, which are great when the creators put walls around the course but incredibly annoying when they think they omitting a wall at the bottom of a slope is a good idea!  I've played it enough to get Rank A so far, whether I get further will depend on how much harder the tournament courses get.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is pretty cool, I have only played a couple of missions so far but am at Rank C, I'll need to play online to get much higher though as you can only play as captain offline and a lot of trophies are for playing as other roles, I'm disappointed that the developers didn't code it to allow the captain to be AI so you could play other roles, surely an AI captain could give simple orders like disable that ship leaving the tactical officer to do as requested.

In terms of backlog, I completed The Walking Dead Season Two, considering I heard bad things about it compared to Season One I was pleasantly surprised at how good the story was.  I've also played a bit of Dead or Alive 5, moving it from Rank E to C, in the last few days I've been trying to finish Lego Marvel Super Heroes, 20 hours later it says I'm 43% of the way through, but moved from Rank E to B so far.

Leaving the most important bit of the update til last, I finally moved from an average Rank D to Rank C this month :o)

• Like 2

July Update:

S: 58

A: 5

B: 1

C: 4

D: 3

E: 11

F: 1

Completion: 73.60%

# of games played: 58

# of unearned trophies: 881

Added a lot of E's this month. Was a part of the Kill Your Completion event, and so now will try to spend the rest of the year trying to finish more games.

• Like 2

Started two new games (vita) "welcome park" and LEGO Batman 2. This month I earned more trophies than in the past months (185 trophies). Earned 4 platinums this month and S ranked Sniper elite V2, Fallout 3, Thief, Welcome Park, Mx vs ATV supercross encore and AC brotherhood. And in the rest of the month i boosted some other games to a better grade. 

This month ill work on AC revelations, Rage, Crash Trilogy and some Vita games 

Here my stats (1 august) compared to july 1

Current stats / goal

S: 34 +5 / 30 

A: 37 +1 / 40 

B: 14 -1 / 20 

C: 14 -2 / 14 
D; 4 
+1 / 0  
E: 8 
-2 / 0 
F: 4 = / 0 

Completion: 54.38% + 3.1% 

# of games played: 115 + 2 

# of completed games: 34 + 5 34

# of unearned trophies: 2239 - 142 

Trophies per day: 0.97 + 0.05 

World rank: 99072 - 12169 

Country rank: 1430 - 168 

Trophy rarity:  45.12%  -0.99%

Spoiler

Here my stats (1 july) compared to june 3

Current stats / goal

S: 29 +2 / 30

A: 36 +4 / 40

B: 15 -1 / 20 

C: 16 +1 / 14
D; 3 
-1 / 0
E: 10 
-4 / 0
F: 4 +2 / 0

Completion: 51.28% + 2.47% 

# of games played: 113 + 3 

# of completed games: 29 + 2

# of unearned trophies: 2381 - 117

Trophies per day: 0.92 + 0.04

World rank: 111241 - 10815

Stats 17 april compared with start

Current stats / goal

S: 26 +2 / 30

A: 31 +2 / 40

B: 17 / 20 

C: 15 -1 / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 13 +2 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 47.77% +0.74%

# of games played: 108 +4

# of completed games: 26 +2

# of unearned trophies: 2517 +32

Trophies per day: 0.86 + 0.02

World rank: 129503 -11292

Country rank: 1859 - 160 

Trophy rarity: 47.28% - 0.32% 

Country rank: 1598 - 157

Trophy rarity:  46.11%  -1.03%

Spoiler

3 june stats compared with 17 april stats

Current stats / goal

S: 27 +1 / 30

A: 32 +1 / 40

B: 16 -1 / 20 

C: 15 = / 14
D; 4 = / 0
E: 14 +1 / 0
F: 2 = / 0

Completion: 48.81% + 1.04% 

# of games played: 110 + 2 

# of completed games:  27 + 1

# of unearned trophies:  2498 - 19

Trophies per day:  0.88 + 0.02

World rank:  122056 - 7447

Country rank: 1755 - 104

Trophy rarity:  47.14%  - 0.14%

Spoiler

Stats when i found/joined this challenge (4 april 2017)

S: 24

A: 29

B: 17

C: 16

D :5

E: 11

F: 2

Completion: 47.03%

# of games played: 104

# of completed games: 24

# of unearned trophies: 2485

Trophies per day: 0.84

World rank: 140795

Country rank: 2019

Trophy rarity: 47.6%

• Like 1

August 1 Update:

S Ranks 83 => 93 (+10)

A Ranks 23 => 26 (+3)

B Ranks 7 => 7 (0)

C Ranks 20 => 20 (0)

D Ranks 7 => 8 (+1)

E Ranks 13 => 12 (-1)

F Ranks 1 => 0 (-1)

Completion Percentage: 66.52% => 68.31% (+ 1.79)

Number of Platinums: 77 => 85 (+8)

Number of Trophies earned in July: 355 (+49 for highest ever in a month)

All in all it was a pretty good month. I got more trophies than I ever have before in a single month. I added 8 more platinums with 3 more ready to go that should pop in the next day or so. However, I am failing to raise my D and E ranks. I added one into D ranks, but I should have two out of there this month easy at least. I also got a new PS4 so my fixing of those grades should increase.

• Like 1

Might as well throw my hat in. :)

TROPHY RANKS AS OF AUGUST 1, 2017

• E ranks (9)
  • D ranks (3)
  • C ranks (2)
  • B ranks (3)
  • A ranks (6)
  • S ranks (54)

My goal is to promote some of those lesser ranks to S Rank and get 90 S Ranks (that's 36 more S Ranks!) with at least 75% of them being platinum trophies by New Years's Eve. (I have 50 platinums and four 100% in non-platinum games. That means at least 68 platinums by the end of 2017.) I won't say X any other rank because chances are some of those Ranks may increase as I add more games to my trophy cabinet. ;)

• Like 1

@MidnightCJ - I'll add you in as I do the updating tomorrow!  Welcome though and good luck with that goal!

And on that note, yeah the monthly update is going to be tomorrow.  Just completely slipped my mind that it was the 1st until now and I won't have time to get everyone done before I have to head to bed.

Well, Kill Your Completion certainly killed mine. All over the board with new games instead of only Es, at least - and dropping back to where I was stuck for most of last year is irritating me enough that I don't think I'll be starting much new stuff for a while.

Hoping to finish up Assassin's Creed Unity, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, The Order: 1886, and inFamous... for starters. We'll see how that goes. The first three should only take a day or two each.

With any luck, I'll have enough willpower to see this shorter next month:

Spoiler

C or lower
1 Abyss Odyssey 9%
2 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 15%
3 Assassin's Creed III 13%
4 Batman: Arkham City 15%
5 Batman: Arkham Origins 15%
6 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate 4%
7 CastleStorm 6%
8 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 6%
9 Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 10%
10 Final Fantasy XIII 2%
11 Game of Thrones 1%
12 God of War 18%
13 God of War: Ascension 1%
14 God of War: Chains of Olympus 12%
15 Hitman: Absolution 41%
16 InFamous 33%
17 InFamous 2 7%
18 Jak II 28%
19 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 1%
20 Letter Quest Remastered 19%
21 Lollipop Chainsaw 2%
22 Mass Effect 17%
23 Okami HD 5%
24 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 21%
25 Puppeteer 8%
26 Ragnarok Odyssey ACE 4%
27 Rainbow Moon 5%
28 Rayman Origins 11%
29 Red Dead Redemption 22%
30 Remember Me 18%
31 Resident Evil 5 1%
32 SSX 8%
33 The Order: 1886 2%
34 Tokyo Jungle 19%
35 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 3%
36 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 22%
37 Yakuza 4 8%

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Well, Kill Your Completion certainly killed mine. All over the board with new games instead of only Es, at least - and dropping back to where I was stuck for most of last year is irritating me enough that I don't think I'll be starting much new stuff for a while.

Hoping to finish up Assassin's Creed Unity, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, The Order: 1886, and inFamous... for starters. We'll see how that goes. The first three should only take a day or two each.

With any luck, I'll have enough willpower to see this shorter next month:

Reveal hidden contents

C or lower

1 Abyss Odyssey 9%
2 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 15%
3 Assassin's Creed III 13%
4 Batman: Arkham City 15%
5 Batman: Arkham Origins 15%
6 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate 4%
7 CastleStorm 6%
8 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 6%
9 Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 10%
10 Final Fantasy XIII 2%
11 Game of Thrones 1%
12 God of War 18%
13 God of War: Ascension 1%
14 God of War: Chains of Olympus 12%
15 Hitman: Absolution 41%
16 InFamous 33%
17 InFamous 2 7%
18 Jak II 28%
19 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 1%
20 Letter Quest Remastered 19%
21 Lollipop Chainsaw 2%
22 Mass Effect 17%
23 Okami HD 5%
24 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 21%
25 Puppeteer 8%
26 Ragnarok Odyssey ACE 4%
27 Rainbow Moon 5%
28 Rayman Origins 11%
29 Red Dead Redemption 22%
30 Remember Me 18%
31 Resident Evil 5 1%
32 SSX 8%
33 The Order: 1886 2%
34 Tokyo Jungle 19%
35 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 3%
36 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 22%
37 Yakuza 4 8%

I completely understand! I might have to pull a miracle out of my butt to finish some of those games.

Whew, what a month! July of 2017 will go down as the greatest platinum hunting month EVER for me. With the final count of 11 platinum trophies, I just hope that I'm able to keep this pace at least somewhat going for the rest of the year. Along with completing alot of games, I was also able to continue raising my completion %, bringing it up to above 66% at one point during the month but having it settle down at 65.86% as of the time I checked. In terms of trophy grades, I've managed to hit 95 S ranks, only 5 away from hitting my goal for the year, while also adding a few more A's, B's, and C's. I even managed to bring my unstarted backlog down by a game, this time going from 91 to 90, which is likely due to the new external Hard Drive I purchased for my PS4, allowing me to download all of the unstarted games I had and giving me more flexibility in what games I can play. Finally, if any of you are interested in an awesome long-term UR :platinum: event come swing by the PSNP Weeblympics thread, where a bunch of us are trying to plat at least 20 UR Japanese games before the 2020 Olympics :). Ok, time for the rest of my updated stats:

S: (Updated 95, Goal 100+) (Up 5)

A: (Updated 53, Goal ≤50) (Up 2)

B: (Updated 9, Goal 10) (Up 1)

C: (Updated 10, Goal ≤10) (Up 1)

D; (Updated 16, Goal ≤5) (No Change)

E: (Updated 25, Goal ≤5) (No Change)

F: (Updated 3, Goal 0) (Up 1)

Completion: (Updated 65.86%, Goal 70%+) (Up 0.80%)

Unstarted Games: (Updated Current 90, Goal 25) (Down 1)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I completely understand! I might have to pull a miracle out of my butt to finish some of those games.

Your list is certainly doable, just has lots of long games on it. I'm not sure how mine isn't flooded with RPGs...

Looks like you've got some good ones to beat, though.  :)

Let me know if you want to try and knock out Ragnarok's multiplayer trophies sometime,

3 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Whew, what a month! July of 2017 will go down as the greatest platinum hunting month EVER for me. With the final count of 11 platinum trophies, I just hope that I'm able to keep this pace at least somewhat going for the rest of the year. Along with completing alot of games, I was also able to continue raising my completion %, bringing it up to above 66% at one point during the month but having it settle down at 65.86% as of the time I checked. In terms of trophy grades, I've managed to hit 95 S ranks, only 5 away from hitting my goal for the year, while also adding a few more A's, B's, and C's. I even managed to bring my unstarted backlog down by a game, this time going from 91 to 90, which is likely due to the new external Hard Drive I purchased for my PS4, allowing me to download all of the unstarted games I had and giving me more flexibility in what games I can play. Finally, if any of you are interested in an awesome long-term UR :platinum: event come swing by the PSNP Weeblympics thread, where a bunch of us are trying to plat at least 20 UR Japanese games before the 2020 Olympics :). Ok, time for the rest of my updated stats:

-snip-

Dang, nice work! :yay:

Weeblympics looked fun, but I'm short on URs. I'll be following along, though - hope you guys all enjoy it!

• Like 1

I guess I will do what some other people did and describe the games I work on. :)

L6d571c.png
Progress: E ➡️ A (I can't update my profile yet but trust me, the trophy completion is 96% now, not 61%.)

This is a very good game. I liked the LittleBigPlanet series but the trophy lists had some really annoying trophies so I decided not to add them. (Also, I think the original LBP and LBP2 servers are closed now so the online trophies aren't possible anymore.) However, the guys at Media Molecule created this single-player experience with online relegated to optional non-trophy stuff. If you are a papercraft fan, this game will give you many projects to try out. ^_^

The only trophies I am having trouble with are the last two, named after the stages you have to complete without dying: Between the Pages and The Tear. It's so easy to miss a jump and fall into a bottomless abyss and lose your stamp. :( But I did it before and I can get it down again.

It's cute and kid-friendly (despite destroying the Scraps - Unfolded had a much better resolution to them but I am not sure I want to undergo the Misplaced Gopher escort missions because it's basically trying to get from one part of the level to another carrying something without dying) so I highly recommend if for any kids in the audience.

I rented this off of GameFly so I will be returning it once I get the platinum.

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Your list is certainly doable, just has lots of long games on it. I'm not sure how mine isn't flooded with RPGs...

Looks like you've got some good ones to beat, though.  :)

Let me know if you want to try and knock out Ragnarok's multiplayer trophies sometime,

That would be great! Not sure when I'll be ready. Maybe October? I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

That would be great! Not sure when I'll be ready. Maybe October? I don't know.

My schedule should be pretty open except right around the end of November and December, and I'm in no rush. Octoberish is fine if it works for you, no problems if that changes.

...Assuming it still works, anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

My schedule should be pretty open except right around the end of November and December, and I'm in no rush. Octoberish is fine if it works for you, no problems if that changes.

...Assuming it still works, anyway.

I have a whole plan. There's a few games I'd like to finish before starting it. Two of which are URs, so I just hope I can get to Ragnarok Odyssey Ace around that time. I also have family visiting for the next couple of weeks. So we'll see.