Digital to Disc save compatiblity

So i was wondering i have a digital copy of Uncharted 4 on a UK / Euro PSN account and i can't really be asked to play through the game a fifth time for the speed run trophy. Now my question is if i load up my save data on top the disc version could i use the chapter select option to do the exploit? So basically the save compatibility between digital and physical work? Or would i have to play through the game all the way through again to unlock chapter select?

Edited by DarkSoleride

Hmm, I haven't heard about issue with the save data between digital and physical. 

The save data won't be recognized if you play a different version of the game. I.e Batman Arkham city vanilla vs GOTY edition. 

I played half of my Saints Row the third campaign with IGC and finished with a disc version with no problem.

On 1/26/2017 at 9:05 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

The only time I tried it was with Kingdoms of Amalur. Got the physical copy, sold it, bought the DLC on sale years later, and downloaded the PS+ version, and found out it recognized the save file. I don't know if it works with every game though.

Not all games work with this form of cross-save. If you look on the PS3 at your friends list, sometimes itll say something like HDD Version or Digital Edition, etc. Dead Space 3 is an example of the first one. Save files between the disc version of Dead Space 3 and the HDD Version are not compatible, and have different registration numbers I think.

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Not all games work with this form of cross-save. If you look on the PS3 at your friends list, sometimes itll say something like HDD Version or Digital Edition, etc. Dead Space 3 is an example of the first one. Save files between the disc version of Dead Space 3 and the HDD Version are not compatible, and have different registration numbers I think.

Oh yeah i know it does not work for all games i was asking about Uncharted 4 specifically and i found out today it does thankfully! Yeah i know with other games it does not work like Uncharted 3 GOTY vs normal Uncharted 3 there is different saves i found out the hard way haha