Aiming is crappy on PS4

charlijaen

Hi. I just got the game on PS4 and the overall game is better graphically than PS3, but I feel the controls especially aiming to be very "slow" and I feel some input lag as well.

Also, I can't switch from targets while aiming like I was able on PS3.

Did you all feel this too?

-----------------------------

EDIT:

As I progressed in the game the aiming skills of each character improved and aiming & target switching are normal now.

Sorry for the complaint post 

Edited by charlijaen

Check your game settings. Stick sensitivity and lock-on aiming options should be there. 

I can't say I noticed any lag with the PS4 version, though it should be pointed out that the DualShock4 can only connect to the PS4 via Bluetooth, which has inherent lag. Try making sure that there is a clear line-of-sight between your Dualshock and the PS4, this might help.

1 hour ago, StrickenBiged said:

Check your game settings. Stick sensitivity and lock-on aiming options should be there. 

I can't say I noticed any lag with the PS4 version, though it should be pointed out that the DualShock4 can only connect to the PS4 via Bluetooth, which has inherent lag. Try making sure that there is a clear line-of-sight between your Dualshock and the PS4, this might help.

The lag is for the game itself, not really a bluetooth issue, because the rest of the games are very responsive.

And I put sensivity settings at max and nothing changed.

I'm really disappointed about this, because the feel of the game is different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Good point.

@charlijaen Some TVs have a "game mode" setting which adjusts the settings to minimise image lag. Check if your TV has a game mode, it might help. 

I always have Game mode enabled.

Repeat: this only happens while playing GTA V, no other game has this issue.

But whatever, I assume that it is what it is and Rockstar never bothered to optimize this.