Random Luck

ProtoX01

I have the platinum in the 3 final fantasy games you mentioned, and the grind to hit max level consumed way more of my time than the grind on anything you mention being luck based ...

In FF X HD, the grind to unlock and defeat Penance was not only longer, but many times longer than it took for me to clean up the survivalist trophy in XIII.  Now I do understand that one did not take chance, but the chance required is not actually that rare.  Right now you are being a little dramatic and exaggerating time required.  As was already mentioned before, if you don't like any trophy that is luck based, it is well within your power to pick the games you play accordingly.  

This may be me not entirely understanding what you are saying, but why do you keep playing games and getting the platinums in games that you are admitting are not fun?  Isn't gaming supposed to be about having fun?  Trophies are a good addition to that and can sometimes provide you a better experience, but if these are bothering you so much, maybe you are looking at this whole thing the wrong way?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ProtoX01 said:

lighting dancer also you have to do 200 in a row if you fail one its restart good thing playstation said read the manual for those people who have seizure's now stair at the screen for 200 flash's people built robots for that farm as seen on youtube, its not consecutive in a row it'll throw you off and stop striking there is no timing just a test to see if you're one of those people that will foam at mouth and have seizure, if not then your 1 step closer to a copper trophy

You know you can trigger lightning on specific spot on specific timing? At that moment it has nothing to do with luck anymore. just patience. 

Luck will be always a part of gaming , and i dont think devs see it as punishment. Maybe you should just avoid games with to luck heavy content. (which isnt the case on ff game tbh)

3 minutes ago, ProtoX01 said:

yes you can be in slight control by moving near a tower you can turn off the strikes with the no encounters gear but you cant turn them on they still random and if you think you got it timed they will throw you off and stop striking just to reset your counter

7 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

Lol, I am pretty sure you are just trolling us now.  That lighting trophy is 100% predictable and controllable.  There is no luck involved at all, and no robot required.  That is shown to you, and you go on with your dramatic hyperbole like you actually have a point ... 

Me, being a normal human being, and not a robot (that I know of), did that trophy from start to finish in 1 try without fail.  It isn't that big a deal, just requires patience, like any grinding trophy does.

Yeah i agree.  I also think this is just troll thread now.  Im out of here, :) bye

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Stop posting videos that have nothing to do with the topic. Also yes you can make the lightning predictable in one area where it will strike every single time you step there

Most of vids are uploaded of him self .  So maybe he just wants views or clicks by posting them here.

1 hour ago, ProtoX01 said:

i platinum the game, and i say it sucks, you're just trollin, why does a troll, troll, enjoy paying for punishment square enix/soft is off my wishlist forever for future

those walk through videos get thumbs down because the game sucks not because the video sucks, the random generator gets them to eat their soul and feed quarters for a life time and very upsetting to those people who spend forever making perfect runs with a billion captured retries deleted 

even your wakka no encounter gear lighting dancer got thumbs down because someone failed and they took it out on someones video they took forever to make and you didnt make it you just linked someone else's 

So because you didn't enjoy getting a trophy in a game then you are going to condemn the game saying its rubbish :facepalm: ........ this is the most childish and immature response possible. Games are designed to be played to have fun, if your not enjoying a game then just simply stop playing it. Also trophies are just addition bonuses in a game that reward a players ability to do a task whether it be something simple or time consuming :) This thread just feels like your throwing your toys out of the pram because you did not enjoy going for a trophy rather than just sitting back and enjoying an amazingly told story in a game :)  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ProtoX01 said:

i platinum also and its no fun just saying the game is really crap for random luck generator farm do not recommend

Seriously, stop whining and start grinding! It is what it is man. Take it or leave it. You don't like the RNG aspect? Then just don't play the game? Simple as that.

*Ooh but Floriiss I want the platinum trophy* 

baby-crying_llgdq8.jpg

THEN BE A MAN AND GET THROUGH WITH IT!!!

If you think this is already bad then you clearly haven't seen worse. Some games apply RNG on top of RNG (i.e. Xenoverse), whilst other games takes hundreds of hours to get a luck based item (i.e. treasure farming in U3). 

No offence. Just make up your mind dudeee. Take it or leave it. 

11 minutes ago, Razza said:

So because you didn't enjoy getting a trophy in a game then you are going to condemn the game saying its rubbish :facepalm: ........ this is the most childish and immature response possible. Games are designed to be played to have fun, if your not enjoying a game then just simply stop playing it. Also trophies are just addition bonuses in a game that reward a players ability to do a task whether it be something simple or time consuming :) This thread just feels like your throwing your toys out of the pram because you did not enjoy going for a trophy rather than just sitting back and enjoying an amazingly told story in a game :)  

Well said. Just because one trophy isn't fun, doesn't mean the whole game sucks. :facepalm:

Edited by Floriiss
  • Like 1

People always complain about Final Fantasy 13...it wasn't really that much of a grind...especially compared to most RPG plats. I mean you don't even need that many Traps as you can just break down your genji gloves to get them and then reload your save if you really want. Go play Star Ocean 4 or White Knight Chronicle if you want to experience a real RPG grind.

But in the end...it just sounds like RPGs really aren't for you. You keep saying people are ganging up on you but it just sounds like you don't enjoy this genre of games. I mean everyone has been very civil in this thread except you so it just sounds like you are kind of a troll and not a very good one at that.

I hope you find some games you enjoy :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1