Psn asking me too change password

sephirothdude

When I tried too sign into psn on my vita it asked me too change my password as it was no longer valid and I could do it there and then, the last time I did this I was able too sign back into psn on vita but I could not sign into my ps4 so had too reset it, so I turned on ps4, same story cant sign in and I clicked on the change password option on ps4 and I still haven't received an email too change password, I don't wanna do it on vita as I don't wanna lose everything again on ps4, has this happened anyone else?

3 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

When I tried too sign into psn on my vita it asked me too change my password as it was no longer valid and I could do it there and then, the last time I did this I was able too sign back into psn on vita but I could not sign into my ps4 so had too reset it, so I turned on ps4, same story cant sign in and I clicked on the change password option on ps4 and I still haven't received an email too change password, I don't wanna do it on vita as I don't wanna lose everything again on ps4, has this happened anyone else?

Yes. This happened to me as well. My thoughts were that the password reset had something to do with the network being down for several hours last night for most. My guess is Sony sent the resets out to try and protect any data that may have been stolen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xKrAzY_8sx said:

Yes. This happened to me as well. My thoughts were that the password reset had something to do with the network being down for several hours last night for most. My guess is Sony sent the resets out to try and protect any data that may have been stolen.

Have you gotten back in ?

Be careful. I just got phished a day ago when I got prompted on my PS4 to reset my password. Don't take an email if you see it. Just go to the Sony website and do it there. You probably don't see an email because it got thrown into your spam folder. Sony can't secure a god damn thing and it's really sad.

• Like 1

Sony Two-Step was horrible when I tried it [when they first implemented it] and it's an unusual thing for Sony to want you to change your password in general so ... those two ideas, put into practice: go forth and make the password change if you need to, but on your own terms with you going to known sites and logging in, never clicking on email links you didn't solicit in the first place.

When trying to get reset password emails you have to check Spam and Junk folders. If you can't login anywhere, and no solicited password change emails are coming you'll have to call them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maisy said:

Sony Two-Step was horrible when I tried it [when they first implemented it] and it's an unusual thing for Sony to want you to change your password in general so ... those two ideas, put into practice: go forth and make the password change if you need to, but on your own terms with you going to known sites and logging in, never clicking on email links you didn't solicit in the first place.

When trying to get reset password emails you have to check Spam and Junk folders. If you can't login anywhere, and no solicited password change emails are coming you'll have to call them.

I implemented 2FA within an hour of Sony announcing it and I have had no issues with my PS4, PS3, Vita, PS TV or Playstation Vue on any of my devices. I can't say it's been any problem at all, not even close to horrible.

Also, I haven't been asked to change my password since the big hack years ago. If OP is getting prompted, it's either a scam or Sony is detecting suspicious activity and preemptively asking them to change their password, which is a good thing.

Either way, Maisy gave the best advice:  make the password change if you need to, but on your own terms with you going to known sites and logging in (playstation.com), never clicking on email links you didn't solicit in the first place

• Like 1

Hey buddy! @sephirothdude I just read on my twitter feed.

Posted 11hrs ago by Sony Support Team (@AskPlaystation)

"We're aware that some users are experiencing issues logging into PSN"

Then, I read through the comments and exchanges. Numerous individuals having the same issue as yours.

They were prompted to reset but no Emails being received. Some, waiting for almost two days already.

Sony rep said, you may want to DM them for details and give you more information (vice versa)

One dood got his PSN workin' after receiving the DM from Sony.

So perhaps, you may want to give it a try.

Not too sure if this will work but at least you have something to try for now.

Here's hoping you can get it fixed and not loose any data/progress etc.

Cheers!

-Razgriz

• Like 1