Spring Backlog Challenge 2017

33 minutes ago, Foster Addison said:

Summer signups will open May 1 to make up for the week I'll be away.

I think I'll skip the summer event. Hoping to get a PS4 the next couple of months, and I don't want to really pressure myself to finish any of my games on my backlog. Think I'll just take it easy and enjoy the new gaming experience.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I think I'll skip the summer event. Hoping to get a PS4 the next couple of months, and I don't want to really pressure myself to finish any of my games on my backlog. Think I'll just take it easy and enjoy the new gaming experience.

No pressure. Maybe we'll see you in the fall.

I've just completed episode 1 of Sam & Max, hopefully I'll will work through the other 4 episodes in the next few days.  This week I've also done the first chapter of The Walkng Dead and played through a couple of cases in CSI, I'm wondering whether I previously abandoned it after one case because it's so mind numbingly boring!

Admittedly leaving the lengthier Lego games to last may not turn out to be the best of plans, but fingers crossed I'll get it all done by the end of spring.

1. Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (PS3) 0% > Episode 1 100% (S)
  2. Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3) 0% >
  3. CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (PS3) 18% (E) > 49% (D)
  4. Lego Marvel Superheroes (PS4) 10% (E) >
  5. The Walking Dead: Season One (PS4) 0% > 16% (E)
Edited by richtayls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, richtayls said:

I've just completed episode 1 of Sam & Max, hopefully I'll will work through the other 4 episodes in the next few days.  This week I've also done the first chapter of The Walkng Dead and played through a couple of cases in CSI, I'm wondering whether I previously abandoned it after one case because it's so mind numbingly boring!

Just a heads up that the second episode of Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space has one really annoying trophy that will probably take more effort to get that the rest of the series' trophies combined.  Don't let that deter you, just skip that trophy and do the rest of the episodes to 100% and come back to that one.  It's doable, but it will take some practice at that game's racing minigame.  Thankfully Devil's Playhouse ditched that.

Anyway, my own update:

1. Final Fantasy X HD 16% 45% (22 out of 34 trophies)

2. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 15% (11 out of 56 trophies)

3. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 out of 38 trophies)

4. Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 out of 53 trophies)

5. Demon Gaze 16% 100%

6. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 20% 100%

7. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 out of 34 trophies)

9. Pocket RPG 0% 100%

10. Deception IV: Blood Ties 0%

11. God of War 0% 41% (20 out of 36 trophies)

12. Final Fantasy X-2 HD 19% (13 out of 35 trophies)

13. Remember Me 0%

Decided to swap Journey for FFX-2 since I started playing X-2 and am pretty close to getting another trophy.  Also got some more progress made in God of War.  Also made some progress in FFX, but none of it netted another trophy.  And maybe I'll get myself to 80% completion on my profile before the end of this event.

• Like 1

Still killing my backlog...however have diverted from my original list for some quick easy plat killers. Minecraft Story Mode finished from original list. MonsterJam CRUSH IT!, Nubla, World of Nubla, Dead Synchronicity, Her Majesty's Spiffing, Enigmatis...all platted off backlog, none made the list :facepalm:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pickle2907 said:

Still killing my backlog...however have diverted from my original list for some quick easy plat killers. Minecraft Story Mode finished from original list. MonsterJam CRUSH IT!, Nubla, World of Nubla, Dead Synchronicity, Her Majesty's Spiffing, Enigmatis...all platted off backlog, none made the list :facepalm:

No worries! Same thing happened to me when I did the event last year. Platted games that weren't on my list.

23 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Just a heads up that the second episode of Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space has one really annoying trophy that will probably take more effort to get that the rest of the series' trophies combined. 

Thanks for the heads up, was definitely a pain compared to the others, but thankfully persistence paid off.

I've now completed the first four episodes and made some progress on the fifth.

1. Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (PS3) 0% > Episode 1 - 4 100% (S), Episode 5 31% (E)

1 hour ago, richtayls said:

Thanks for the heads up, was definitely a pain compared to the others, but thankfully persistence paid off.

You did better than I did then!  I ended up just skipping and finishing the rest and then went back to it.  Persistence pays off indeed, it's just not something one expects from a supposedly easy point and click game.

That's Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space finished, I'm glad I did them all in one block as there were a few amusing interlocking bits that I missed out on with The Devils Playhouse by taking a 6 year gap between episodes 4 & 5!

Next up for this challenge will be one of the Lego games.

1. Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space (PS3) 0% > All 5 Episodes 100% (S)

On 2/12/2017 at 8:09 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Add me please

Games:

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - 1%

Okami HD - :platinum:

Dokuro - 10%

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 - :platinum:

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2:platinum:

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%

Tomb Raider:platinum:

Platted HDN Re;Birth2 - Really happy about that. Apart from getting the third remake, I don't think I'll continue on with the franchise unless I find one of their games dirt cheap. 

Working on Atelier Ayesha Plus next but might fit in either Dokuro or Atelier Meruru.

Finally making some progress!

Telltale's Game of Thrones (PS4)-100% (:platinum: 3/16)

Trivial Pursuit-100% (:platinum: 3/23)

Saturday Morning RPG-51%

Horizon: Zero Dawn-10%

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition-6%

Dust: An Elysian Tail-0%

Infamous First Light-0%

Child of Light (PS4)-0%

Sly Cooper 1 HD (PS3)-0%

DuckTales Remastered-0%

10 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Finally making some progress!

Saturday Morning RPG-51%

Infamous First Light-0%

Child of Light (PS4)-0%

Sly Cooper 1 HD (PS3)-0%

DuckTales Remastered-0%

How is Saturday Morning RPG? I have it on my backlog but haven't started it yet. Wondering your thoughts so far?

5 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

How is Saturday Morning RPG? I have it on my backlog but haven't started it yet. Wondering your thoughts so far?

Really enjoying it so far. :) There are a lot of references to the 80s and 90s. Some of the trophies are a grind, but so far, it's been going pretty smoothly.

17 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Really enjoying it so far. :) There are a lot of references to the 80s and 90s. Some of the trophies are a grind, but so far, it's been going pretty smoothly.

Thanks for the answer, I might start it in May then, trying to keep my trophy grades up at the end of each month for boost your trophy grade challenge. By the way I saw your message in psn yesterday but I was watching a movie with my wife and figured I wouldn't stop the movie to answer, but I appreciate it.

Saturday Morning RPG is in the books!

Saturday Morning RPG-100% (:platinum: 4/30)

Infamous First Light-0%

Child of Light (PS4)-0%

Sly Cooper 1 HD (PS3)-0%

DuckTales Remastered-0%

Edited by Torracat83

Progress Update 3:

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands: 100%

Horizon Zero Dawn: 100%

Steins Gate ø: 100%

Stories Paths of Destinies: 100%

The Little Acre: 100%

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands QRv

With impeccable timing, the nameless prince pays a visit to his brother Malik's kingdom only to find it under siege. With an eminent defeat on the horizon, Malik unleashes the ancient king Soloman's army as a last stitch effort to save what remains of his regime. What rises from the sands of Persia however is a merciless army that answers to no man. 

Burdened with the task of rectifying Malik's grave mistake, the prince effortlessly scales the crumbling palace and slices through foes. As in previous Prince of Persia titles, parkour is the primary means of transversal. Although parkour opportunities are quite linear, this gameplay mechanic is executed with precision and enhanced by other mechanics, such as the ability to freeze pillars of water and reconstruct handholds.

Abandoning the intricate combo system that the series is known for, combat becomes a simple, and at times, dull experience. As the prince haphazardly flails his sword, the sluggish enemies approaches him with little regard for their well-being. Certain abilities and powers, such as the Arial Slash and Flame Trail, helps to break up the monotony of enemy encounters. Nevertheless, combat boils down to hacking away at droves of sword fodder. 

While not the most memorable experience, Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands is a decent action game. It is apparent that the developers took some care in trying to return the series to its roots. In some respect, they succeeded. Yet should a sequel ever rise up from the sands, here's to hoping that the combat system will receive a major overhaul.

I quite enjoyed putting yet another dent in my evergrowing backlog. Happy gaming everyone :) 

New Update:

1. Magus (Ps3) - 100%  :platinum:

2. Little Acre (Ps4) - 100% :platinum:

3. N.E.R.O. (Ps4) - 100% :platinum:

4. Color Guardians 100% :platinum:

5. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Ps4) - 100% :platinum:

Well, I finished my original list. I'll just add one at a time as I go along now....

6. Captain America (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

7. Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

8. Valley (PS4) - 0%

9. Lifeless Planet (PS4) - 2% => 100% :platinum:

So I realize I haven't posted in a little while and I actually haven't made any progress. I will start Valley very soon. Instead I have been spending all my time on other backlog games. So I am adding another one.

10. Metro 2033 Redux (PS4) - 17% (when the challenge started I was at 1%, decided to add it to my list because after tonight I should be past the 20% threshold.)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

Progress Update 3:

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands: 100%

Horizon Zero Dawn: 100%

Steins Gate ø: 100%

Stories Paths of Destinies: 100%

The Little Acre: 100%

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands QRv

With impeccable timing, the nameless prince pays a visit to his brother Malik's kingdom only to find it under siege. With an eminent defeat on the horizon, Malik unleashes the ancient king Soloman's army as a last stitch effort to save what remains of his regime. What rises from the sands of Persia however is a merciless army that answers to no man. 

Burdened with the task of rectifying Malik's grave mistake, the prince effortlessly scales the crumbling palace and slices through foes. As in previous Prince of Persia titles, parkour is the primary means of transversal. Although parkour opportunities are quite linear, this gameplay mechanic is executed with precision and enhanced by other mechanics, such as the ability to freeze pillars of water and reconstruct handholds.

Abandoning the intricate combo system that the series is known for, combat becomes a simple, and at times, dull experience. As the prince haphazardly flails his sword, the sluggish enemies approaches him with little regard for their well-being. Certain abilities and powers, such as the Arial Slash and Flame Trail, helps to break up the monotony of enemy encounters. Nevertheless, combat boils down to hacking away at droves of sword fodder. 

While not the most memorable experience, Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands is a decent action game. It is apparent that the developers took some care in trying to return the series to its roots. In some respect, they succeeded. Yet should a sequel ever rise up from the sands, here's to hoping that the combat system will receive a major overhaul.

I quite enjoyed putting yet another dent in my evergrowing backlog. Happy gaming everyone :) 

Gonna add another game or two? There's still time.

30 minutes ago, Torracat83 said:

Gonna add another game or two? There's still time.

I would love to but I just got a promotion!:)...which means more work and less play ;)  Best of luck to you in this challenge and the next! You picked great games to cross off your backlog list ?

52 minutes ago, vanillamoose said:

I would love to but I just got a promotion!:)...which means more work and less play ;)  Best of luck to you in this challenge and the next! You picked great games to cross off your backlog list 1f44d.png

Thanks and congrats. :yay: Not gonna finish, but I'll do the best I can. For summer, just gonna keep the list small until I know for sure what's up. Think you'll join this summer or no for the same reason?

Edited by Torracat83
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Torracat83 said:

Thanks and congrats. :yay: Not gonna finish, but I'll do the best I can. For summer, just gonna keep the list small until I know for sure what's up. Think you'll join this summer or no for the same reason?

Thanks! I'm Skipping the summer backlog challenge unfortunately :( Doesn't mean I won't find some time to game though

(gaming > sleep ;)) Happy gaming Torracat83!!!