Spring Backlog Challenge 2017

Tearaway: 31% => 43%

Finished the story of the game. Didn't do The Tear without dying now because I had to collect the confetti on the tiny narrow Strip O'Death that I fell off of 20 times. :( Also missed a present there. But did get the Beyond the Pages stage without dying after a few tries. Have to charge my Vita-tan up before I can start cleaning up the collectibles and do The Tear without dying. Will probably power down and wait until tomorrow when I drive to gym to start work on the cleaning of collectibles and trophies.

EDIT: Since nobody updated in the past day, it's up to me again!

Tearaway: 43% => 79%

Got 100% in every place except Maypole fields(missing confetti) and the Caverns(missing Confetti and two Scraps - I think I killed them off screen while rescuing the Wendigo kid, my fingers flung them far off the screen and they didn't drop confetti). Last trophy was getting a sepia shot of a squirrel eating an acorn which was a bit tricky. All I need to do now is dispatch those last Scraps, get the rest of the confetti to get 100% and then... go through The Tear without dying. I can do it, but I had sticky fingers and atoi fell off a rock. :facepalm:

Edited by NebbyLunala

I was asked by PM how long you have to own the game for it to be part of the challenge and if preorders count. I will likely change this when I start the summer signups, but any game you add to your backlog is fine and preorders are fine as long as it comes out before the end of the challenge. I probably will be a bit stricter when summer comes, but that's how it'll go for now. I think the preorder stance was clarified when I let several people put Horizon: Zero Dawn on their lists.

• Like 1

Cool after considering the above I have decided to add Nier : Automata (4%), because it is surprisingly much better than I anticipated, and Kingdom Hearts PS4 as I will be getting this on Friday and going to start playing it pretty much straight away anyway. Also going to add Darksiders Warmaster Edition as that game has come up in another event for April.

Other than that progress has been slow ( I should probably remove something but I will be moving between all these games for the next 2 months anyway so might as well leave them - probably to much to plat in the time limit but you never know :) ) 

Current progress

1. Skylanders Giants (9%)

2. Skylanders Swap Force - PS3 (0%)

3. Skylanders Trap Team (0%)

4. FFXIII (0%)

5. WRC 6 (15%)

6. Gravity Rush 2 (8%)

7. Watchdogs 2 (1%)

8. Horizon Zero Dawn (100%) COMPLETED 18/3

9. Gran Turismo 6 (0%)

10. Lego Dimensions (PS3) (0%)

11. Nier : Automata (4%)

12. Darksiders Warmaster Edition (PS4) (0%)

13. Kingdom Hearts (PS4) (0%)

Urgh, dragging tail again. Not sure why I'm adding to the list, but...

Telltale's Game of Thrones (PS4)-100% (:platinum: 3/16)

Trivial Pursuit-100% (:platinum: 3/23)

Horizon: Zero Dawn-10%

Dust: An Elysian Tail-0%

Infamous First Light-0%

Child of Light (PS4)-0%

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition* NEW*-0%

Sly Cooper 1 HD (PS3)-0%

DuckTales Remastered-0%

Edited by Torracat83

Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of this event and not participate in any more for the time being due to the fact that got the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 collection. The rest of my spring days will be spent trying to get the platinums in all of the games that have those and due to my multi-tasking with an MMO which demands my time(and the upcoming tooth pulling tomorrow which will make me numb for a long time and mess up my focus) I cannot afford to continue working on my list.

I know there are two months but I will have to clear up my schedule for the rest of the year to complete every Kingdom Hearts platinum, not to mention Persona 5, Yooka-Laylee and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 coming in April and since I tend to rage-quit a lot, I want to take my time and thus will probably not be able to complete World of Final Fantasy or the other games. (I will try to finish the platinum for Tearaway though.) I'm sorry, I'm leaving the event. Please remove my list. :(

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of this event and not participate in any more for the time being due to the fact that got the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 collection. The rest of my spring days will be spent trying to get the platinums in all of the games that have those and due to my multi-tasking with an MMO which demands my time(and the upcoming tooth pulling tomorrow which will make me numb for a long time and mess up my focus) I cannot afford to continue working on my list.

I know there are two months but I will have to clear up my schedule for the rest of the year to complete every Kingdom Hearts platinum, not to mention Persona 5, Yooka-Laylee and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 coming in April and since I tend to rage-quit a lot, I want to take my time and thus will probably not be able to complete World of Final Fantasy or the other games. (I will try to finish the platinum for Tearaway though.) I'm sorry, I'm leaving the event. Please remove my list. :(

You could always stay and add Kingdom Hearts to the list. It is just a bit of fun anyway and even though my progress is very average I am quite enjoying reading the comments of others on their games. Either way enjoy Kingdom Hearts, I am looking forward to getting my copy on Friday :)

4 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

You could always stay and add Kingdom Hearts to the list. It is just a bit of fun anyway and even though my progress is very average I am quite enjoying reading the comments of others on their games. Either way enjoy Kingdom Hearts, I am looking forward to getting my copy on Friday :)

That's the problem - I think the rules say that you cannot add new games until you finish the ones you put on your initial list, and I'd never be able to finish Hyperdimension Neptunia U when Kingdom Hearts is far more enjoyable. Sorry, Nep-Nep fans. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

That's the problem - I think the rules say that you cannot add new games until you finish the ones you put on your initial list, and I'd never be able to finish Hyperdimension Neptunia U when Kingdom Hearts is far more enjoyable. Sorry, Nep-Nep fans. :(

mmm you might be right let us await Judge Judy's ruling :D

4 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

You just can't change anything you signed up with once the event starts. You can add new games at any time as long as you have less than 15 titles on the list. So you don't need to drop out unless you really want to. You can go ahead and add Kingdom Hearts to your list as well if you wish.

4 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Nope, you can add games during the event even if you didn't finish the others, there's just a limit of 15 total.  Last time I added Adventures of Mana and definitely didn't finish my list and there wasn't a problem.

1 hour ago, Torracat83 said:

I have nine games on my list. Had six when I started. Not sure I'll finish them all, but not going to drop out. There's no penalty for not finishing.

Agreed.  I doubt I'm finishing all mine, but if I can earn at least one trophy in all the ones that aren't at 0%, I think this challenge did its job.  Plus I can always use any at 20% or lower for the next challenge and keep at it until I no longer have any games below 20% left.

• Like 1

1. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (ps4) 100%

2. CounterSpy (ps4) 19%

3. Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (ps4) 0%->27%

4. BioShock (ps4) 2%

5. Xeodrifter (ps4) 4%

I wasn't in the mood for Xeodrifter, so I started Tiny Troopers. At first, the gameplay was quite fun and interesting but it got repetetive pretty fast. I finished the soldier campaign and reached wave 25 in zombie mode (used the glitch), still need to buy the DLC.

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Agreed.  I doubt I'm finishing all mine, but if I can earn at least one trophy in all the ones that aren't at 0%, I think this challenge did its job.  Plus I can always use any at 20% or lower for the next challenge and keep at it until I no longer have any games below 20% left.

Ditto, but it's going to take me forever if I do that. xD 

Since a lot of people were "moaning" about me dropping out of the challenge, I won't drop out but I cannot guarantee that I will finish. If I do, that's great, but no promises. (I did get a bit closer to completing Tearaway while waiting for the dentist and got 100% in everything but the Caverns - I've slaughtered every Scrap in that area and they all dropped motes instead of confetti and somehow the game thinks I missed two. :( )

And I might a couple of games depending on whether I have time.

Edited by NebbyLunala

Just now, NebbyLunala said:

Since a lot of people were moaning about me dropping out of the challenge, I won't drop out but I cannot guarantee that I will finish. If I do, that's great, but no promises. (I did get a bit closer to completing Tearaway while waiting for the dentist and got 100% in everything but the Caverns - I've slaughtered every Scrap in that area and they all dropped motes instead of confetti and somehow the game thinks I missed two. :( )

Don't stress. If you finish, great. If not, you can always try next time.

13 hours ago, Judge Judy said:

Don't stress. If you finish, great. If not, you can always try next time.

Considering that your handle is based on a real-life retired female judge who, before her show, was reputed to be one of the toughest family court judges in the country, you're considerably nice. Why did you come up with such a handle? ^_^

1 minute ago, NebbyLunala said:

Considering that your handle is based on a real-life retired female judge who, before her show, was reputed to be one of the toughest family court judges in the country, you're considerably nice. Why did you come up with such a handle? ^_^

Just decided to do it because the thought of it amused me. I'll probably change it back as soon as I'm able.

• Like 1

Week 4 Update:

Okami HD: 35% > 64%

Almost finished but have a few things left to do:

• Obtain 7 Stray Beads (2 of which won't be easy to get)
    • The Last Devil Gate trial 
    • Kai race - tried to complete it several times, so am hoping to get after I take a break
  • Complete Fish Tome (will take hours, so will complete after I defeat the last boss)
  • Take down last boss and complete bestiary and obtain last Stray Bead

Progress Update 1:

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands: 0%
Ratchet and Clank Deadlocked: 6%
Steins Gate ø: 100%
Stories Paths of Destinies: 74%
The Little Acre: 100%

The Little Acre Quick Review (QRv):
A charming adventure, reminiscent of Saturday morning cartoons, both in art style and length.

Steins Gate ø QRv:

In this visual novel, Okabe Rintaro (aka mad scientist Hououin Kyoma) and his lab members continue their quest to save humanity. In order to do so, Okabe must leave the Beta world-line and discover the path to Steins Gate, the ultimate world-line. Reliving the ordeals of the Alpha world-line however has left Okabe a shadow of his former self; more reluctant to question the inevitability of fate. 

Quite like its predecessor, Stein Gate ø excels at providing readers with an enthralling story and a slew of diverse, dynamic characters. This time around, story paths are far more linear and text messaging Okabe's friends no longer alter the storyline. Each storyline also provided a host of revelations often pertaining to the true intent of characters. Just like a good book, reading the the true ending was a rather bittersweet experience making one yearn for more. Furthermore, it is important to note that the true ending will be mind-boggling to newcomers (and perhaps to some players who have played the original ages ago). Nevertheless, Steins Gate ø is an excellent VN that is a must play for all who have played the original Steins Gate.

Important side note: If you plan on playing this VN, update to the latest version before starting a new game. Otherwise, current game data will be corrupted once the patch is installed. Also, for some reason post patch, character dialogue volume will be set to 0. So once you meet a character, go into the voice options setting to turn up the dialogue volume.

• Like 1

Not sure if I want to add the 1.5+2.5 collection. I want to go through each game's story first before the platinum and that make take up a month or two. I have some games I played for a personal project, I'll see if any of those are willing to be added.

Edited by NebbyLunala