Authentic difficulty

xGODSBANKERx

41 minutes ago, xGODSBANKERx said:

Does the authentic difficulty for SE4 have checkpoints this time or start from beginning when dead

It has checkpoints (auto-saves) every time you kill an enemy or two.. Plus, moving a few meters from your current spot also triggers the auto-save as well.. The main important thing is you have to remember where are the main objectives located because there wont be any markers on your map..

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I must say, this AUTHENTIC business is not AUTHENTIC with stupid fricking Checkpoints.

The point of it was meant to be SUBSISTENCE and although theres no Manual saving, it still has Auto save a few other features it shouldn't have.

Downright disgusted at this. I loved the fact in SE III, that if you died, you obviously made a stupid boo boo, which meant you had to go and restart mission, but first you had to rethink your strategy and what weapons to bring with you, coupled with memorizing the entire enemies locations.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...Bring back Authentic and ban Auto Save

• Like 1

I

On 4/26/2017 at 4:21 PM, snacklepuss said:

I must say, this AUTHENTIC business is not AUTHENTIC with stupid fricking Checkpoints.

The point of it was meant to be SUBSISTENCE and although theres no Manual saving, it still has Auto save a few other features it shouldn't have.

Downright disgusted at this. I loved the fact in SE III, that if you died, you obviously made a stupid boo boo, which meant you had to go and restart mission, but first you had to rethink your strategy and what weapons to bring with you, coupled with memorizing the entire enemies locations.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...Bring back Authentic and ban Auto Save

I agree with this alot. Yeah Sniper Elite 3 was hard but I enjoyed the challenge and it's one of my proudest platinums because of the challenge it was.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It is AUTHENTIC, even with the checkpoints. Your comparison is with Sniper Elite 3 that didn't have them. Still fair because Sniper Elite 3 Platinum took about the same time to get as Sniper Elite 4 does. The overall challenge to complete all objectives is similar. I suspect doing all 8 missions without save points is FAR more difficult than the 8 in Sniper Elite 3.
And AUTHENTIC (HARDCORE) is perfectly fine measure of overall mastery of the game. Because you don't have to use the checkpoints. But I suspect the complaint is that you are the only one who knows whether you did, or did not? Because the no manual saves trophy is the same for those who don't use checkpoint saves. And because what you did is only in your Statistics, for Campaign. And this is not shared except with a screenshot. So guess what? 2 new trophies to unlock, for AUTHENTIC (PLUS) and being able to do it with no manual saves (using checkpoints). 

So now @snacklepuss you can prove your prowess and go get those 2 trophies you have not yet unlocked. And join the very very very few Sniper Elite's (fewer than 0.1% of those who have completed the game, so much much less percentage than those who own it) who have done the 8 campaign missions, on the hardest difficulty, with No Saves. 

And @Deathtotyrants76, to date you have not done the game with no checkpoint saves either? You don't have the 2 new trophies for AUTHENTIC (PLUS)

Edited by marko_cruise
saves creating a new post when i can add to existing post

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 4:08 PM, marko_cruise said:

So now @snacklepuss you can prove your prowess and go get those 2 trophies you have not yet unlocked. And join the very very very few Sniper Elite's (fewer than 0.1% of those who have completed the game, so much much less percentage than those who own it) who have done the 8 campaign missions, on the hardest difficulty, with No Saves. 

Ohhhhh. Ewwwwwww... Ohhhhhh @marko_cruise

You have thrown down the Gauntlet now buddy. You have me even more determined. I like that.

Nah in all seriousness, the problem I have with the new Authentic Plus is this.

Did you complete it on SOLO? I completed ALL SE3 in Authentic and I have the receipts (My YT Videos)

I am in the gradual process of doing it on SE4 on A Plus. I am getting there, among other things in SE4, but I will upload every mission upon completion of all.

Also, i conclude that DLC MIssion DeathStorm Infiltration is 99% impossible on A PLUS.

However with that said, I want to do it SOLO and so far, no one I know or have saw has did it or at least has proof of doing it SOLO. Unless I have missed a number of uploads?

I Just reached 100Subs on my MY Youtube Channel AD FREE and NON MONETIZED today and when I get to 165 subs I am doing a decent free giveaway of a HD PVR 60 Gaming Edition (The newest 60FPS version) as shown here and a free copy of Limited Edition Disc Copy of Sniper Elite 4 (DLC Target Fuhrer and weapons pack with it)

hdpvr60_unit_medium.png91OmMcQrugL._SX342_.jpg

HD PVR 60 Gaming Edition

1080p 60 frames per second game recorder

Record, Edit and Upload Xbox® One, Xbox 360, PS4, PC or WiiU game play in HD. Record in-game commentary and chat.

New Hauppauge Capture application features: Now with SkipBack and Facecam: putting YOU in your YouTube videos!

Upload gameplay to YouTube with one click. Show your best gameplay to your friends

Lag free video pass through: play your games on your HDMI TV set while you record in HD

USB powered for portable use

Includes a built-in record button, so you can start and stop your recordings without having to be at your PC

i HOPE ITS OK WITH MOD/ADMIN FOR ME POSTING THIS.

When all is said and done, my Channel will always be NON Monetized and AD Free and theres no need to interpret that.

I mean what I say and I say what I mean. Also if possible, or allowed I will be asking PSN Profile users to post ideas on how to fairly raffle these gifts and Credit to Psn Profiles will be at the forefront of this.

Also will be a surprise "3rd" place gift. No one person can get or obtain all three or more than one.

So any ideas? Would I be allowed a platform like a post in a section where ALL can read it to post this giveaway?

All of this is my own doing, my own content, my own work/funding and no other partys are or is involved. Its just for the heck of it. But also, Id like for people to change their minds on "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is" and also, and if possible, people should learn that you shouldnt take yourself so seriously all the time, Life is for fun and gaming is for life. Both of which are FUN.

Edited by snacklepuss

• 4 weeks later...

I did the Authentic Plus trophies solo. Twice. And have helped about 15+ others get theirs. 

I will have to look into Deathstorm in Authentic Plus. It seems kind of difficult, given you can't stealth all the way around all 3 maps. The last might be near impossible, given the final onslaught in and after the Bunker. So it seems difficult and there is no real incentive to get it done. Only incentive is for Authentic Hardcore, which allows manual saves, you will get an extra character to play.

I still love this game but have put it down for awhile. SO many games, SO little time ....

On 11/1/2017 at 6:58 PM, marko_cruise said:

I did the Authentic Plus trophies solo. Twice. And have helped about 15+ others get theirs. 

I will have to look into Deathstorm in Authentic Plus. It seems kind of difficult, given you can't stealth all the way around all 3 maps. The last might be near impossible, given the final onslaught in and after the Bunker. So it seems difficult and there is no real incentive to get it done. Only incentive is for Authentic Hardcore, which allows manual saves, you will get an extra character to play.

I still love this game but have put it down for awhile. SO many games, SO little time ....

How about taking up my Player Set Challenges? On my Channel. KNIFE ONLY Deathstorm 3 Main objective and you must pull off finger of triggers as well. See my channel.

ALSO: I am about to post something about AUTHENTIC PLUS in a separate thread. CAN I GET A WITNESS?

• Like 1

A Witness? Abso freakin lutely

You can add me on PSN also, if you'd like

Oh! And I have melee killed my way through the whole Campaign on Sniper Elite difficulty. I actually submitted to REBELLION on their Forum that they should have a way to un-equip Karl. So he can start missions with no rifle, no secondary weapon, no pistol. No bullets! Nothing. And you can only use what you find. That would be kind of fun as a trophy for maybe one mission.

On 10/10/2017 at 0:49 PM, snacklepuss said:

Ohhhhh. Ewwwwwww... Ohhhhhh @marko_cruise

You have thrown down the Gauntlet now buddy. You have me even more determined. I like that.

Nah in all seriousness, the problem I have with the new Authentic Plus is this.

Did you complete it on SOLO? I completed ALL SE3 in Authentic and I have the receipts (My YT Videos)

I am in the gradual process of doing it on SE4 on A Plus. I am getting there, among other things in SE4, but I will upload every mission upon completion of all.

Also, i conclude that DLC MIssion DeathStorm Infiltration is 99% impossible on A PLUS.

However with that said, I want to do it SOLO and so far, no one I know or have saw has did it or at least has proof of doing it SOLO. Unless I have missed a number of uploads?

I Just reached 100Subs on my MY Youtube Channel AD FREE and NON MONETIZED today and when I get to 165 subs I am doing a decent free giveaway of a HD PVR 60 Gaming Edition (The newest 60FPS version) as shown here and a free copy of Limited Edition Disc Copy of Sniper Elite 4 (DLC Target Fuhrer and weapons pack with it)

hdpvr60_unit_medium.png91OmMcQrugL._SX342_.jpg

HD PVR 60 Gaming Edition

1080p 60 frames per second game recorder

Record, Edit and Upload Xbox00ae.png One, Xbox 360, PS4, PC or WiiU game play in HD. Record in-game commentary and chat.

New Hauppauge Capture application features: Now with SkipBack and Facecam: putting YOU in your YouTube videos!

Upload gameplay to YouTube with one click. Show your best gameplay to your friends

Lag free video pass through: play your games on your HDMI TV set while you record in HD

USB powered for portable use

Includes a built-in record button, so you can start and stop your recordings without having to be at your PC

i HOPE ITS OK WITH MOD/ADMIN FOR ME POSTING THIS.

When all is said and done, my Channel will always be NON Monetized and AD Free and theres no need to interpret that.

I mean what I say and I say what I mean. Also if possible, or allowed I will be asking PSN Profile users to post ideas on how to fairly raffle these gifts and Credit to Psn Profiles will be at the forefront of this.

Also will be a surprise "3rd" place gift. No one person can get or obtain all three or more than one.

So any ideas? Would I be allowed a platform like a post in a section where ALL can read it to post this giveaway?

All of this is my own doing, my own content, my own work/funding and no other partys are or is involved. Its just for the heck of it. But also, Id like for people to change their minds on "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is" and also, and if possible, people should learn that you shouldnt take yourself so seriously all the time, Life is for fun and gaming is for life. Both of which are FUN.

This is a trophy-discussion forum. Post stuff like that on your profile page.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...