Baja: Edge of Control HD Remaster coming Summer 2017

• 5 months later...
21 hours ago, Joco200 said:

I remember 2 Baja games coming out at similar times on the 360. One was fun, the other was awful. I can't remember which this is but if it's the good one I'm looking forward to playing it again! :D

It's the good one ?

• 2 weeks later...

Game sucks and trophies are glitched. Both statistics spots show over 1000 miles and no trophy.  The ai on easy can be 10 seconds faster.  The races are winnable but in the open class races the ai not being on easy shows up. I don't have a problem if they keep up but all they do is go straight to wreckyou, Then just pull away. It also pauses during every race.  So don't buy if they don't patch.  You will be frustrated. It plays exactly like it did on PS3. The graphics updated but that's it.  If the ai stays like it is this game is. 9.9 to Platinum especially in open class.  I also have time screenshots too. It's ridiculous.

PS there is a online trophy to play 5 hours but not many on at all so that adds to the 9.9 difficulty

2 hours ago, STARSCREAM_GI_ said:

Game sucks and trophies are glitched. Both statistics spots show over 1000 miles and no trophy.  The ai on easy can be 10 seconds faster.  The races are winnable but in the open class races the ai not being on easy shows up. I don't have a problem if they keep up but all they do is go straight to wreckyou, Then just pull away. It also pauses during every race.  So don't buy if they don't patch.  You will be frustrated. It plays exactly like it did on PS3. The graphics updated but that's it.  If the ai stays like it is this game is. 9.9 to Platinum especially in open class.  I also have time screenshots too. It's ridiculous.

PS there is a online trophy to play 5 hours but not many on at all so that adds to the 9.9 difficulty

Off-Road Racing Not an easy task in real life also.

And this is only One game  - where really very well shown - what is Off-Road Racing. And why it sucks - because you can't handle it ? ... 

Simply: Don't like - Don't play. 

Many like this game, many Not (because it is not easy, visual also so-so, but it is very good as Off-Road Racing sim.) like with all others games.

If you expected easy and fast Platinum here - this is wrong place, better continue to play cheap and easy WRC games.

And also if compare Original 2008 Baja: Edge of Control game to Baja: Edge of Control HD - this one it easy. In 2008 - was very hard to complete all on Gold, but anyway doable.

Then later it was patched to be more easy. What we see now in this version also.

About:  10 seconds faster - think how you prepare your car/truck before race and rest will be Not so hard.

Yes, some races (especially some from Open Class) little hard. But with practice and patience doable also.

About glitched 1000-2000 miles trophy, maybe glitched maybe wrong stats. In 2008 - also was't all clear with this one. Was little frustrating how to count those Miles for achievements.

Conclusion:

Good: Great Off-Road Racing and enjoyable game, Not bad career, Very good made handling for Off-Road Racing feeling, a lot of tracks with different locations.

Not so good: Graphic - outdated (but this is 2008 game, so it is normal), Annoying and sometimes brainless AI, Grind and 2 maybe glitched Trophies.

Posted by ex-racer, 50 year old man.  

Edited by IISkyLanderII
  • Like 3

Don't know how it got personal but this and wrc racing are not my only racing game played. You also missed the fact that I said I played this exact game on PS3 so get off my butt. You also missed that I said I didn't mind the ai hanging in. So that fact remains the ai does not attempt to race you they instead just dive into you which is not real racing especially in the open wheel series. No one would do that. I rebought the game thinking they fixed it so please read before you pounce. The  only races that need fixing are the Iast 3 open series.  The mileage trophies are glitched because the game shows 2 different mileage stats that are not the same  one is in your profile under options the other  shows in  season progress so I stand by my post and no online this is  9.9. I'll get all trophies except online one.   I respect my elders but I'm 45 and I've won sim racing championships so I know just a little about racing. And just because your older does not mean you talk down  to people either!