Point of no Return?

viech54

Is there a point of no return like in NieR that I can't play again unless I start a new game? Or can I just play the game the way I want on my first playthrough and do the rest in NG+? No spoilers, please. Yes or no will do for me.

Edited by viech54

I just beat my first playthrough and started my second. You don't get chapter select until you beat your third run, from my understanding. I do not have it currently. That being said, after that third run, you can select any point and replay from there. I do not believe the game erases your file like the first one. Nothing should be missable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

I just beat my first playthrough and started my second. You don't get chapter select until you beat your third run, from my understanding. I do not have it currently. That being said, after that third run, you can select any point and replay from there. I do not believe the game erases your file like the first one. Nothing should be missable.

can also confirm that you don't get chapter select after your first playthrough.

It's definitely third, the chapter select is really precise too. It shows how many quests you've done per chapter and how many you haven't and also breaks down each chapter into specific points so you don't have to replay the whole thing for a short gag ending or something. I wish more games were like that. 

the idea of the game will delete your hard works save data in the first game is one of the dummiest idea I ever came across in gaming, who the hell is this genius game designer that decide that this should be a thing in the first game? if I wanted to start a new game again from scratch i'll just play a new game and save in another file, not forced.

this is one of the many reasons why I couldn't Plat the first game, and also hate it with a passion.

hearing of all these improvements in the second game compared to the first one makes me want to buy automata right now and start to play it ASAP, but i'm currently working on too many RPG's it's not wise to start another one for me at the moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the idea of the game will delete your hard works save data in the first game is one of the dummiest idea I ever came across in gaming, who the hell is this genius game designer that decide that this should be a thing in the first game? if I wanted to start a new game again from scratch i'll just play a new game and save in another file, not forced.

this is one of the many reasons why I couldn't Plat the first game, and also hate it with a passion.

hearing of all these improvements in the second game compared to the first one makes me want to buy automata right now and start to play it ASAP, but i'm currently working on too many RPG's it's not wise to start another one for me at the moment.

Automata has the save deletion as well, but the game asks you if you want to do it. It's very careful to ask 5-6 times if you are really sure, so there's no way you would do it accidentally. That said, it actually is a really powerful plot point. It might change your mind on the feature!

12 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I never understand why this is being complained about considering the game asks you like 6 times if you're sure about having your save data deleted. Not only that, you can back up your save on cloud or on a USB stick and just get it back from there. It's also Ending D and at that point you should more or less have every trophy save for speedrun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

I never understand why this is being complained about considering the game asks you like 6 times if you're sure about having your save data deleted. Not only that, you can back up your save on cloud or on a USB stick and just get it back from there. It's also Ending D and at that point you should more or less have every trophy save for speedrun.

the time I played the first game I was still new to the ps3 never knew I can back up my save data to a USB and never had a PS plus for cloud saving.

and i'll stick to my post, I never liked the save delete feature (especially if it's an RPG so all that leveling grind have been flushed down the toilet), why the game insist that I should delete my save data 6 times and after that it'll gonna do it by force, I played a lot's of game and beat them like 20 times on NG+ and they never annoyed me that I should delete my save data, what is so special about Nier to delete my save file I don't know....

even though I said I hated Nier with a passion it doesn't mean it's all that bad, the soundtracks is really catchy and I kinda liked the strong emotional story.

Edited by yellowwindow7

11 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the time I played the first game I was still new to the ps3 never knew I can back up my save data to a USB and never had a PS plus for cloud saving.

and i'll stick to my post, I never liked the save delete feature (especially if it's an RPG so all that leveling grind have been flushed down the toilet), why the game insist that I should delete my save data 6 times and after that it'll gonna do it by force, I played a lot's of game and beat them like 20 times on NG+ and they never annoyed me that I should delete my save data, what is so special about Nier to delete my save file I don't know....

even though I said I hated Nier with a passion it doesn't mean it's all that bad, the soundtracks is really catchy and I kinda liked the strong emotional story.

Since you loved the story so much you should know why ending D and the save data deletion happens.

And what do you mean by force? You can literally decline from deleting the save data those six times and only if you insist on saying "yes you can delete my save data" six times in a row will it delete the save data - that's pretty lenient. However looking at your trophies you didn't even obtain all the weapons in NieR (requirement for C&D endings) so I'm not sure what to make of this. Are you seriously complaining based on hearsay or something? Maybe you should give it an actual go now that you know you can back up your save data.

Edited by Herbalistiikka
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

Since you loved the story so much you should know why ending D and the save data deletion happens.

And what do you mean by force? You can literally decline from deleting the save data those six times and only if you insist on saying "yes you can delete my save data" six times in a row will it delete the save data - that's pretty lenient. However looking at your trophies you didn't even obtain all the weapons in NieR (requirement for C&D endings) so I'm not sure what to make of this. Are you seriously complaining based on hearsay or something? Maybe you should give it an actual go now that you know you can back up your save data.

I didn't knew that the last weapon I needed required me to revisit that little king of the desert something, I believe once you finish his chapter you should visit him in his castle or something like that but if you moved forward in the story before revisit him he won't be available anymore to give you the sword this is what I did, I don't remember much on this game It's been like five years since I first start it, but the reason of why I never bother to return to this game is the fact I borrow it from a friend of mine alongside Dynasty Warriors 7, after my saved data got erased or should I say resets me from the beginning I got so pissed and went deleting everything have something to do with Nier and returned the game to my friend, however ending D will erase your save data and all 3 memories. could have been better if you can just play a new game plus for ending C and D.

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I didn't knew that the last weapon I needed required me to revisit that little king of the desert something, I believe once you finish his chapter you should visit him in his castle or something like that but if you moved forward in the story before revisit him he won't be available anymore to give you the sword this is what I did, I don't remember much on this game It's been like five years since I first start it, but the reason of why I never bother to return to this game is the fact I borrow it from a friend of mine alongside Dynasty Warriors 7, after my saved data got erased or should I say resets me from the beginning I got so pissed and went deleting everything have something to do with Nier and returned the game to my friend, however ending D will erase your save data and all 3 memories. could have been better if you can just play a new game plus for ending C and D.

You can not end up at a point where you can't get to ending C&D because all weapons are available in the second half of the game as well. And again, the ending D happens for story purposes and you can just back your data up if you so desire and you can not delete your save data on accident. Not sure why I have to repeat this. Anyhow, this is pretty much off-topic so I'll stop right here.

It's not necessary to choose to help others, but I just backed it up, did it, and then restored. 

My name is now out there helping others at the end!(has anyone soloed it?) Can't put a price on that.

Everytime I failed and read more and more of the encouragements it actually felt really... :hmm: I can't put my finger on it. Humbled maybe. Emotional. 

So I wanted to do the same. (while preserving my data)