Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom launches April 18th

Enigami, the studio behind the Kickstarter-funded Action-RPG announced that Shiness will launch April 18th:

They also posted a new trailer:

EDIT2:
A gameplay-trailer:

EDIT:

Some info about the game can also be found in the rather old thread by skateak:

I'm excited for this but why do they have to launch April 18th? :shakefist: Too many good and/or interesting games release in April.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

Was really excited, but I'm a backer... and they don't have enough console keys for backers, and are trying to pawn the PC version on lower tiers [which I am]. Don't really get that invested in games when I play them on PC.

Really soured me on the game now. Earthlocke's MS deal that delayed other versions soured me on that one too, and haven't even touched it yet as a result. Poor management can really ruin your excitement.

I can't wait for Yooka-Laylee and Cosmic Star Heroine to restore some faith in kickstarter for me. Even if I'll probably never back anything ever again anyway, waiting 2+ years for something is such a hassle. Rather just forget about it and play it if/when comes out. But I digress.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Was really excited, but I'm a backer... and they don't have enough console keys for backers, and are trying to pawn the PC version on lower tiers [which I am]. Don't really get that invested in games when I play them on PC.

This seems kinda sketchy. From what I heard from some Kickstarter-projects I backed devs have to pay for the keys they want to distribute towards their backers whereas (at least AFAIK) devs can get/create as many Steam-keys as they want for free. So it's somehow natural that devs want backers to choose the Steam-version as that would mean more fundings for them but refusing backers to choose the platform they want and say "we only have a limited amount" is kinda unfair.

• Like 1

Well the games comes out in like a month and... :hmm:?

I Mean the trailer looks cool and interesting but what is it? An Action RPG like KH, or like Hyperdimension Half action/Half turn based? What? They don't show anything about the gameplay which is quite important xD 

2 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Well the games comes out in like a month and... :hmm:?

I Mean the trailer looks cool and interesting but what is it? An Action RPG like KH, or like Hyperdimension Half action/Half turn based? What? They don't show anything about the gameplay which is quite important xD 

TBH I didn't watch the trailer as I just read it's a music trailer. xD

Here's a trailer showing some gameplay elements:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Really soured me on the game now. Earthlocke's MS deal that delayed other versions soured me on that one too, and haven't even touched it yet as a result. Poor management can really ruin your excitement.

I can't wait for Yooka-Laylee and Cosmic Star Heroine to restore some faith in kickstarter for me. Even if I'll probably never back anything ever again anyway, waiting 2+ years for something is such a hassle. Rather just forget about it and play it if/when comes out. But I digress.

That sucks. 

Anyway, I like the way that game looks, but I'm a bit confused. It says that Focus is publishing the game, but then if that's the case, why the kickstarter?

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

TBH I didn't watch the trailer as I just read it's a music trailer. xD

Here's a trailer showing some gameplay elements:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank for the gameplay Video Crimson :)

Yeah the Trailer above i don't know if it's a Music one because i Watched it without listening but it's more a Story trailer :P

Well what to say about this game, it looks neat!

It looks like a nice game with Action-Rpgs Elements (Even if the Elements are pretty much in leveling up and learning abilities from what i've seen but who knows) but nothign i will spend mroe than 10 € on it honestly. So Maybe one Day (I like the colorful art even if there are too many male Fury characters for my tastes compared to the females ones XD) i'll get it, for sure not right away, especially if it's a full 60 € Game, Nah Nah!!!

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

This seems kinda sketchy. From what I heard from some Kickstarter-projects I backed devs have to pay for the keys they want to distribute towards their backers whereas (at least AFAIK) devs can get/create as many Steam-keys as they want for free. So it's somehow natural that devs want backers to choose the Steam-version as that would mean more fundings for them but refusing backers to choose the platform they want and say "we only have a limited amount" is kinda unfair.

Don't ask me, I don't really understand why it's this way. I've already told them off and said I won't be supporting them in the future, because this is nonsense. I don't know the reason, and based on other kickstarters I can't help but feel it's completely avoidable.

Besides, the devs broke other promises as well. Those who actually get a console code won't be able to have their exclusive kickstarter DLC either. So even if you're lucky enough to get it, welp you aren't getting everything you are supposed to. To quote them directly on that one, "It was technically too complex to implement and to manage the in-game bonuses in the console version so they are only available on PC." Some other developers managed it... so it's definitely not impossible.

They also said console would get physical releases, and retracted on that one too and people are calling them out with sources to them saying it too. Annnnd, they had options to back for multiple versions of the game which of course included multiple console keys if that's what you wanted, but guess what.. you only get one console code, if at all!

It's a big ol' mess. Hard not to lose interest in the game after all of it. Not to mention they didn't make any offer of refunds, where as any kickstarter I can think of that cancelled a version of a game did offer refunds if you didn't want to switch platforms [like Bloodstained for example with Wii U version].

• Like 1