nginx.com redirect when going to psnprofiles.com

I'm puzzled...

Recently when I type "psnprofiles.com" into the Mozilla Firefox browser, I get redirected to nginx.com (a site that says it has software installed on this pc, which I can't find anywhere)..

I only have this issue with this site, it shows up in google and other places I just can't type and go fro the URL box..

Is ANYONE having this problem? I'm obviously concerned about malware of some sort (all scans are fine, however).

3 minutes ago, The_Apex_Badger said:

I'm puzzled...

Recently when I type "psnprofiles.com" into the Mozilla Firefox browser, I get redirected to nginx.com (a site that says it has software installed on this pc, which I can't find anywhere)..

I only have this issue with this site, it shows up in google and other places I just can't type and go fro the URL box..

Is ANYONE having this problem? I'm obviously concerned about malware of some sort (all scans are fine, however).

nginx is the webserver-software PSNProfiles is running on. It seems like there are a few short timeframes where Sly had to reboot the server or reload the configuration for it and then the default webpage showed up, which typically is used to show that the server is running successfully. I guess by accident you clicked on a link on that site and you were redirected to the official site of the webserver-software.

IMO there's no need to worry and yes, I also saw this for a short time frame. After a refresh I saw the nomral main page of PSNP, though.

• Like 2