1 playthrough for plat

I hated this game on ps3 because of the fact that you had to play 6 times (really 3 with each character) to get the plat so i didn't get it (the only kingdom hearts game I haven't platted). Now, thanks to the ps4 version, the difficulties stack. My question is (for the Chain of Memories veterans), is it recommended to get the platinum in a single playthrough with each character? Can it be done? Is it hard/easy? What's the best way to go about it.

@linkdevivo I myself haven't played CoM on the PS3, but according to the trophy guide, the trophies do not stack. You have to beat the game 6 times: Riku 3 times, with each one on a different difficulty, and Sora 3 times, with each one on a different difficulty as well. Not only that, but at least 1 save file from each must be 100% to unlock the trophies related for completing all reports and any other miscellaneous stuff.

Edited by GarciaFever

Just now, GarciaFever said:

@linkdevivo I myself haven't played CoM on the PS3, but according to the trophy guide, the trophies do not stack. You have to beat the game 6 times: Riku 3 times, with each one on a different difficulty, and Sora 3 times, with each one n a different difficulty as well. Not only that, but at least 1 save file from each must be 100% to unlock the trophies related for completing all reports and any other miscellaneous stuff.

Yeah that's on the ps3. On the PS4 version (like i mentioned in the post) the trophies do stack.

Yes you can plat this game in one playthrough on PS4. Just play on proud, never run from fights, and if you die just restart from your last save.

It should take around 40-60 hours based on how lucky you get with card drops.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Yes you can plat this game in one playthrough on PS4. Just play on proud, never run from fights, and if you die just restart from your last save.

It should take around 40-60 hours based on how lucky you get with card drops.

thanks man. Any guide you recommend?

• 2 months later...

Proud mode is not that big of a handicap when it comes to grinding. The Lexaeus DP strategy in a Martial Wakening room works pretty well.

EDIT : The Strong Initiative strategy mentioned in the guide is even faster. It will take you 10-15 minutes to level up after reaching lvl80.

Edited by gerboize
Better strategy discovered