Framerate problem ?

Fr33d0mT0uch

• 2 weeks later...

No, the frame rate is absolutely terrible, particularly in the start of the game and in the dragon sequences. Not sure if it has improved since launch, but I've been playing the EU version this week and it's awful. That said you do eventually sort of get used to it and some other aspects of the game are fascinating. For Yoko Taro fanboys only I think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Playing this game feels like putting up with an abusive relationship. I love it as much as I utterly, deeply despise it.

In regards to framerate, I heard that disabling the blood splatter helps just a bit, but it could be placebo. There's also playing it at a lower system resolution which definitely made a difference, but also made it look even worse and unplayable in a different way.

Edited by nikola_elitsov
forgor
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

There is a way to fix the framerate on PS3, but it cuts down the image quality dramaticaly. 

Put your PS3 system on 480p view only. And then start the game, by default the games go to their original image quality wich is the standart 720p Resolution. With this game, that does not happen at all. It actually stays in 480p output. The quality is like a PS2 game in a bigger tv, you now have enhancers for it, but in this case, you don't. Or you play in a small screen, or you can't even tell what you see, the ammout of square pixels is ridiculous. 

Buuuuuut... It really improves the frame rate! I ony played the first part this way, but i noticed immediatly the game ran much more smoother, i was shocked actually!

Will mount a small monitor to play this becuase of the 480p, it felt sooo much better to play. Becuase i would love to have this game platinumed, or else i would just emulate it... 

The quest for a remaster is almost impossible. Rightfully because this game is heavy on sexual themes and the new woke society won't accept this and SE will likely let Drakengard 3 die on PS3 as a result. We did get Nier Replicant but i doubt we will ever get Drakengard games. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...