Trophy thoughts

11 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

What do you think of the game so far Ryan?  Is it worth getting.  I'm tempted to get it, but I'm not sure I will have time to go for the platinum. These are busy times for me lately haha.

I absolutely love it. The difficulty is sure tough but it feels good when you start to master things slowly. If you liked SMB then you'll probably like this. I find this harder, but could've been more harsh with the trophies like SMB was.

Its definitely not a game you should rush. Just playing a little each day is still progress. If you get it then you should probably get it before 1.02 as it patches a game breaking glitch. No death trophies will be insane after that.

15 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

If you get it then you should probably get it before 1.02 as it patches a game breaking glitch. No death trophies will be insane after that.

Could you explain this a bit more in detail? Is there currently a glitch that makes the no death trophies easier? I've been thinking about picking this game up, but heard there were quite a few glitches and even unobtainable trophies.

1 hour ago, Floriiss said:

Could you explain this a bit more in detail? Is there currently a glitch that makes the no death trophies easier? I've been thinking about picking this game up, but heard there were quite a few glitches and even unobtainable trophies.

I can make a topic but it's going to be patched really soon since the developer knows and he's always on the game. Basically play through the level as you like, get to the last checkpoint and enter practice mode and set game speed to 50%. Run to the level exit and as soon as you're in front, pause and exit practice mode and it will spawn you at the last checkpoint with 0 deaths and a fresh timer. This only works for no death trophies and maybe a couple of speed run ones. It negates the "in one go" trophies as it registers as a restart.

14 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I can make a topic but it's going to be patched really soon since the developer knows and he's always on the game. Basically play through the level as you like, get to the last checkpoint and enter practice mode and set game speed to 50%. Run to the level exit and as soon as you're in front, pause and exit practice mode and it will spawn you at the last checkpoint with 0 deaths and a fresh timer. This only works for no death trophies and maybe a couple of speed run ones. It negates the "in one go" trophies as it registers as a restart.

Actually, just entering and exiting practice mode when in front of the exit works as well. I'm glad I only found out about this trick when I was nearly done rainbowing all levels, otherwise I would have been tempted to abuse it. A similar thing happened to me for the boss rush trophy where it wiped my deaths and some of my time. I had put a few runs in to polish my strategies and then the trophy glitched on me. Now I'm on the leaderboards with an impossible time.

Also, is Elf Kid glitched or am I misunderstanding what you need to do? No one else seems to have it either, and it is only a bronze trophy.

37 minutes ago, NinjaKirbStar said:

Actually, just entering and exiting practice mode when in front of the exit works as well. I'm glad I only found out about this trick when I was nearly done rainbowing all levels, otherwise I would have been tempted to abuse it. A similar thing happened to me for the boss rush trophy where it wiped my deaths and some of my time. I had put a few runs in to polish my strategies and then the trophy glitched on me. Now I'm on the leaderboards with an impossible time.

Also, is Elf Kid glitched or am I misunderstanding what you need to do? No one else seems to have it either, and it is only a bronze trophy.

I know but 50% gives you a bit more time since sometimes it just restarts the practice checkpoint. I'm struggling with undercooked atm. Pretty tight time for such a late game world. I noticed you did boss rush really quick lol. Good job. 

I asked the dev but he blanked the question lol. I'll ask him again. I hope it doesn't mean a full run in under 10 deaths. That would not be fun.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Only "Elf Kid" is bugged atm. Should be a fix soon.

So people should have the plat soon then. I'm gonna finish playing NiOh first before I turn my attention to Rude Bear. I had a quick blast on it last night to check out what the game was like, and it seems pretty tough. I may be tempted to never install the patch, and use that no death trophy exploit that was mentioned   haha. 

Most of us here are SMB survivors...it's not cheating. We have aLready proven we are worthy hahaha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

So people should have the plat soon then. I'm gonna finish playing NiOh first before I turn my attention to Rude Bear. I had a quick blast on it last night to check out what the game was like, and it seems pretty tough. I may be tempted to never install the patch, and use that no death trophy exploit that was mentioned   haha. 

Most of us here are SMB survivors...it's not cheating. We have aLready proven we are worthy hahaha

Been doing Nioh with my friend this week too lol. Yeah it's tough but still doable without exploits. Synophis has runs on YT without using exploits and the dude is insane. If they made the trophies a full world run for each no death trophy then it would be way harder than SMB in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Been doing Nioh with my friend this week too lol. Yeah it's tough but still doable without exploits. Synophis has runs on YT without using exploits and the dude is insane. If they made the trophies a full world run for each no death trophy then it would be way harder than SMB in my opinion. 

I know man, I have just been watching them. The last few levels look mental! Either way, when the patch comes out it will remove the exploits...which means elf kid will have to be done legit. And as a newcomer to the game that seems like a pretty scary task. One that I may not be up for lol. 

Btw, I think NiOh is pretty damn awesome. I'm halfway through the story. It may be my favourite game so far this year!

17 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

I know man, I have just been watching them. The last few levels look mental! Either way, when the patch comes out it will remove the exploits...which means elf kid will have to be done legit. And as a newcomer to the game that seems like a pretty scary task. One that I may not be up for lol. 

Btw, I think NiOh is pretty damn awesome. I'm halfway through the story. It may be my favourite game so far this year!

Elf kid isn't that bad even legit as you get 10 deaths per level. You will get a lot of practice through the miscellaneous trophies as they're pretty tough with no workaround. World 6 in 5:30 on v mode isn't easy but you'll feel like a god when you master that world.

1 hour ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Elf kid isn't that bad even legit as you get 10 deaths per level. You will get a lot of practice through the miscellaneous trophies as they're pretty tough with no workaround. World 6 in 5:30 on v mode isn't easy but you'll feel like a god when you master that world.

Ahhhh I see. I thought you had to do the entire game, start to finish with Less than 10. That makes me happy lol

15 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Ahhhh I see. I thought you had to do the entire game, start to finish with Less than 10. That makes me happy lol

That's what I had thought as well, but if it's glitched that makes more sense. 

How would 10 deaths per level be ranked difficulty wise?

Edited by Pricey403

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Does anyone know if the platinum is still glitched?

Yes, "Elf Kid" is still glitched. Dev claims to have it fixed but is adding a lot of bug fixes and additional things to the update. It's a single guy that works on this which is why it's taking a while.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

It’s probably never gonna get fixed. I abandoned hope on this game a while ago now.

Don't worry I'm still bugging him on Twitter. He sent a patch to Sony already but it failed. So now we're waiting for him to send a V2. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2018 at 11:16 PM, Spaz said:

How exactly does a patch fail once it’s sent to Sony? 

Unless Sony doesn’t give a damn since they seem to be fine approving shitty games onto the Store.

Some of the Japanese translation wasn’t correct for something he said. Sony are apparently very specific when it comes to updating games, unlike Steam where you send it and it instantly gets approved, they look at every little detail. This isn’t to say he isn’t lazy, because he is. However with him constantly updating me as to when he can get things done and added to the update, I believe it will slowly but surely make its way over to PS4 soon.

Edited by Dark
Typo m8