My achievements in the challenges don't count half of the time

RachelCharlotte

Today I've once more been cheated out of the cups for the daily challenges. Additionally when I try to check the leaderboards more often than not the game claims that not a single person has participated.

The other day I came online two hours before the challenge was over and I saw that my progress had been erased so I played it again until I got a gold cup score. I left the console on and when it was time for a new challenge I went through the door only to see my gold cup on the wall sink down into nothingness as if it never had been there in the first place.

Is there anything I can do to counter this or do I have to hope that that scum at some point stops taking away my cups?

If the servers are bad, talk with Ubisoft. ;p It's not the first time their servers are having issues. I had to contact Ubisoft a couple of times due to not giving out new challenges for days.

It's like I said, my score or time is on the wall when I leave and the next day sometimes it isn't. Even when I leave the game on until the challenge is over, sometimes it just doesn't work. I'm playing the game on the Vita as well and there nothing of the sort happened. Furthermore the paintings in many cases are different from the levels and the leaderboards sometimes also don't want to show my friends' scores or even anything at all.

19 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

Did that work in the past? I'Ve contacted a developer before about a problem with their game and never got a response. Surely they have been told many times by now that ther servers don't work.

It's Ubisoft, they got a huge customer feedback system thingie. I think they have to set every case to solved for it to "clear" in their system. They usually answer within a day or something. Same with Activision. EA even got online chat, which I've used with success.

Bigger publishers usually have some kind of support system. As for smaller devs, if they answer or not depends on the dev, some are amazing and some are fucking awful. It usually comes down to how dedicated they are about their game and their personality etc. :P I've even been thanked several times for submitted bugs in games before, once they were even super happy about it and fixed it in the build they were gonna use when they released the game physical. :) 

Software devs who care about what it is they make want the feedback. :P 

Edited by MMDE

This is still an issue today? I remember having this ages ago when I was going for the plat. Mine got so bad that my weekly challenge said something like: next challenge in 956 days.

I took pictures of all my scores and the weird date thing after I noticed I hadn't been getting points several times.

Messaged Ubi and the woman there said it would be fixed and it was done in about 3 days. To my delight, a week later I got reimbursed the points for all the cups I had lost. (Cause of the pictures)

Edited by Kazeh54

Currently in chat with Ubisoft. Will update with any relevant information.

Update 1:

Here's what UBISOFT send me:

Mike L @Ubisoft Support wrote: May 09, 2017 at 11:32 AM EDT
Hi, this is Ubisoft Support!

To address the issue you're experiencing, start by testing your network connection with the following steps:

1. Start the PS4 console.
2. Open the [Settings] menu.
3. Select [Network].
4. Select [Test Internet Connection].

If this test shows your connection as NAT type 3 then you most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.

Note: You can visit the Sony PS4 manual website for additional details regarding the connection test:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

There are three possible NAT types:

- NAT Type 1 has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players.
- NAT Type 2 will have some restrictions and will be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.
- NAT Type 3 may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.

If your NAT type is Type 2 or Type 3, please try the steps below:

1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your PS4, modem and router and wait 15 - 30 seconds.
2. Fully power up your modem.
3. Fully power up your router.
4. Turn on your PS4 and test the network connection again.

If you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.

PlayStation Network Required Ports
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 4646
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480

Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturer's website. 
Please visit https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000024619 for more information.

If this does not solve your problem, try placing your PlayStation 4 in the DMZ of the router or establishing a direct connection to your modem and retry.

If you need further assistance, please update your support ticket #04752165 with the following images:

-Your port forwarding / virtual servers configuration, which will allow us to view the ports and your network IP.
-Your device's network configuration, showing the Manual (Static) IP you are using. 

1. Click on https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases
2. Enter your Ubisoft Account credentials, and click Login.
3. Click on 04752165 to find your incident.
4. You may type a response in the "Would you like to add more details?" section.
5. Click "ADD COMMENT" to send the response.
6. Click "Attach documents" and find the requested images / files and click Open.
7. For attaching multiple files, click "+Add Files"
8. Click "SUBMIT ATTACHMENTS" to complete the incident.
Edited by Cyanpower
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've been doing the daily grind for the truly awesome trophy and this happened to me for the first time yesterday.  So i redid them and ended with a diamond and gold cup. But this morning when I started the game I only got 10 points for the gold and nothing for the diamond.  I'm hoping it doesn't keep happening but I'll see what happens when today's challenges end. 

I've been doing grind last 5 weeks with no issues and did last runs on 26th Dec and left for hols (both dailys and weeklys were up for gold). I turned PS4 back ON on 1st Jan and received no trophies, runs are not in the log, etc. After the comment above I'm fairly sure there must have been some crash on the server side rather than networking issues. Hopefully it won't happen anymore.