Patient Gamers

Leo Leopold Leon III

I usually pre-order the games I really want to play at launch, but I've mostly been playing a lot of older games this year. I always pre-order Nintendo games I want, even if I don't play them immediately, because in my experience, Nintendo games tend to actually go up in price as time goes by, rather than down.

I love buying games day one, I pre-order the s**t out of them (as long as they genuinely interest me).  Only gotten burned twice, and that was Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (cool game but I'm not a good fit for its parrying system whatsoever) and No Man's Sky (another cool game just got boring quick).  Hell, as of this very moment I'm sitting on The Evil Within 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Uncharted: Lost Legacy pre-orders.

God bless those of you who wait, enjoy your extra cash.  I'll keep pre-ordering until they stop releasing awesome games or I can't financially handle it anymore.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I go through different periods, really. There was a time where I could wait months before buying a game and a few games would be day one purchases. Then came the time around the last year or year and a half where I wasn't just buying games on day one, I was forking out more cash to play them early. Anywhere from over a week to a mere few days. And then I took my 4-5 month gaming break and am now catching up with months old games

If I want a game, I can't wait. I simply cannot wait. I mostly do not preorder, I have to read a few reviews to be sure if I shall buy the game, but when I am decided, I don't want to wait. As long as I can afford it, I want to able to decide on a whim which game I want to play next (right now!).

• 6 years later...