MidnightCJ's Wall of Platinum Evidence

MidnightCJ

I thought he was talking about the Sly Cooper games. My bad. :)

Anyways, I am going to be a bit busy this week - my 'rents are little sis (who is 29, by the by) are going to Colorado country for some nature hikes and it takes two days to drive there and back so they will be gone all week starting Thursday. That means having to tend to two hyperactive big dogs and two lazy ones. But they are pooling a salary worthy to buy FFXI The Zodiac age at full price in exchange. (I hope so.)

Also got my latest GameFly rental, will plat it by tomorrow and send it back in the mail before I have to leave the house on Wednesday night(because we agreed it's safer to install me and my PS4 in the home office before the dogs come in). By the time I get back, I should have at least two more platinums on this list. I was dully neglective of my Wall of Evidence because I want #50 to be special.

Edited by MidnightCJ

• 2 weeks later...

Actually took your advice and started trophy hunting on Grim Fandango. Found out the trophies do not stack which is great as I can't erase my Vita version and get all of the trophies on the PS4 version. Am having trouble in Year 2, though - I got the correct betting ticket stub using the Ticket Duplicator (Week 2, Tuesday, Race 6) but when Manny turns it in, I don't get Lola's photo. EDIT: Turns out I was using the wrong booth. Oops! :(

Edited by MidnightCJ

Planning on working on some of your Weeblympics games once you've reached platinum 50?  I noticed your average rarity was the highest I think I've seen so it would help improve that.  You've got some nice statistics otherwise, especially trophies per day.  Need to work on some of those rogue games too, bump up that completion rate ;)

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Yes, and I have five surprise games for the Autumn Backlog challenge when the thread is put up on Tuesday. ^_^

Sounds good, you need to stick with it this time around, I think it would be good for you to finish one of the backlog challenges.

Might I ask why your goal is set at 238 platinums?  Seems like a very specific amount.  

6 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Might I ask why your goal is set at 238 platinums?  Seems like a very specific amount.  

I said over 238, and 238 is a special number for me. For some reason, I like that number. Maybe because it has a bunch of curves in it. A few of my handles have that number in it. It's very odd, but I think it could be what the mystics call "my spirit number." xD

I so honestly wish I could move my posts around to fit on the front page... oh well...

Platinums 51-60

1Lebf031.png#51: Tearaway (Earned August 3, 2017)

Thoughts: Another GameFly rental. I loved the LittleBigPlanet series but unfortunately I can't do multi-player trophies. I also played the PS4 remake of this game, Tearaway Unfolded, but the trophy for helping the Misplaced Gopher is very hard to do. I only successfully returned the Misplaced Gopher back to his home in two areas, I kept falling off a cliff or getting swarmed by Scraps. This game is a very simple game and even though there were a few trophies I struggled on, it got easier the third time. :)

1Lf43eb2.png#52: Ratchet and Clank - Into the Nexus (Earned August 6, 2017)

Thoughts: Shantae has two lovely Ratchets flanking her two trophies down - Modern Ratchet as #48 and Classic Ratchet as #52. ^_^ This game is the last of the PS3 Future anthology and ended it very nicely. I sadly only earned 13 out of the 48 skill points so I only unlocked one cheat, Big Head Mode, but I didn't care much for the cheats in this game. I did get the Untouchable skill points for the first three Netherverse trials, though, which was pretty awesome. Eventually popped the Worst Nightmare trophy on my second Challenge Mode run.

[More to come!]