Project Platinum: Resident Evil

Leon Castle

Hey I'd love to join! These are the RE plats I currently have.

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2 100% (Both stacks)
Resident Evil 3 (Both Stacks)
Resident Evil 7 100% (Both Stacks)
Resident Evil 8 (Both Stacks)

Absolutely love the series & gotta go do the others as well!

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Yes the Original RE4 counts even after the Remake/PS5 RE4 is out in 2023 at least that's the plan.

So added to Hunk tier. If you want to, try RE2.

I own all the games besides umbrella corps and resistance.

Do you think I should do 2 and 3 next, jump straight into 7 after 6, or try and finish revelations and/or raccoon city?

2 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1

After doing 1, I still think 0 is much harder.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

4 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

After doing 1, I still think 0 is much harder.

I think that's fair. I'd say both of those are the hardest (at least out of the ones I've platinumed), though for me 1 was the harder one. I didn't struggle much on Hard for 0 mostly because I had looked up tactics before hand of how to run certain sections which I never did for RE1 outside of the speedrun since I wasn't super confident in my ability to speedrun it since it was my first RE plat

Edited by ObsiEez

3 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I think that's fair. I'd say both of those are the hardest (at least out of the ones I've platinumed), though for me 1 was the harder one. I didn't struggle much on Hard for 0 mostly because I had looked up tactics before hand of how to run certain sections which I never did for RE1 outside of the speedrun since I wasn't super confident in my ability to speedrun it since it was my first RE plat

For someone’s whose first experience was Director’s cut when it comes to 1, I didn’t find it too bad. Game was incredibly overwhelming at first glance, but gets exponentially easier every run.

0, on the other hand, still messes with me even on Easy. I think what’s difficult to navigate is how much you have to adapt to playing. In 1, you can avoid pretty much everything.

3 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

For someone’s whose first experience was Director’s cut when it comes to 1, I didn’t find it too bad. Game was incredibly overwhelming at first glance, but gets exponentially easier every run.

0, on the other hand, still messes with me even on Easy. I think what’s difficult to navigate is how much you have to adapt to playing. In 1, you can avoid pretty much everything.

Yeah there are a lot of enemies that need to die in 0 VS 1. Not to mention the bosses in 1 were a lot easier & it didn't have those fucking monkey enemies (worst enemy in any RE game to date). So yeah I can still see why you'd think 0 is harder than 1 since I'd say they're both pretty hard in terms of RE plats

Yeah there are a lot of enemies that need to die in 0 VS 1. Not to mention the bosses in 1 were a lot easier & it didn't have those fucking monkey enemies (worst enemy in any RE game to date). So yeah I can still see why you'd think 0 is harder than 1 since I'd say they're both pretty hard in terms of RE plats

Invisible Enemy mode and Real Survivor scared me at first, but they were cake.

Real Survivor gets easier if you know the optimal routes and can avoid using the door to the item box on the right side more than twice, at least until Barry fixes it. In the entire Residence, you only need a Shotgun for it all. Maybe a magnum. After you leave the mansion once, pistol is useless.

In 0, the Pistol is your bread and butter. You need all the ammo you can carry. You will also need to hoard all Grenade launcher ammo for the final leech Queen encounter, otherwise you will die.

1 minute ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Invisible Enemy mode and Real Survivor scared me at first, but they were cake.

Real Survivor gets easier if you know the optimal routes and can avoid using the door to the item box on the right side more than twice, at least until Barry fixes it. In the entire Residence, you only need a Shotgun for it all. Maybe a magnum. After you leave the mansion once, pistol is useless.

In 0, the Pistol is your bread and butter. You need all the ammo you can carry. You will also need to hoard all Grenade launcher ammo for the final leech Queen encounter, otherwise you will die.

Yeah they were easier than I thought they'd be as well. My biggest issue like I had mentioned to you previously in the discord, was fighting the motherfucking prototype crimson head in the graveyard with the knife which took so many goddamn attempts simply due to the fact there wasn't an easy manipulation tactic like with the other bosses. Not to mention the no save run, at the very end where you have a chance explode if you run, shoot, or get hit & just to spite you, spawn new enemies in those hallways so if you get a little unlucky & clipped, your entire no save run could come to an end right at the final section of the game which happened to me twice if I'm remembering correctly

Just now, ObsiEez said:

Yeah they were easier than I thought they'd be as well. My biggest issue like I had mentioned to you previously in the discord, was fighting the motherfucking prototype crimson head in the graveyard with the knife which took so many goddamn attempts simply due to the fact there wasn't an easy manipulation tactic like with the other bosses. Not to mention the no save run, at the very end where you have a chance explode if you run, shoot, or get hit & just to spite you, spawn new enemies in those hallways so if you get a little unlucky & clipped, your entire no save run could come to an end right at the final section of the game which happened to me twice if I'm remembering correctly

So for crimson head, all I did was knife once and run away. I kept doing that until he died. But, I brought like 3-4 Health items in case I messed up. Very Easy does a good job of saving your ass. There’s no Very Easy on 0, if I remember correctly.

As for the container, I just killed the zombie in the hallway, the zombies outside the elevator, the one in the container room, and the one chimera that spawns near the container placement. After that, I just changed my controls from alternative to classic and I just walked slowly. This works on all difficulties, too. After that one chimera dies, you can just dodge the rest.

Just now, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

So for crimson head, all I did was knife once and run away. I kept doing that until he died. But, I brought like 3-4 Health items in case I messed up. Very Easy does a good job of saving your ass. There’s no Very Easy on 0, if I remember correctly.

As for the container, I just killed the zombie in the hallway, the zombies outside the elevator, the one in the container room, and the one chimera that spawns near the container placement. After that, I just changed my controls from alternative to classic and I just walked slowly. This works on all difficulties, too. After that one chimera dies, you can just dodge the rest.

yeah 0 doesn't have Very Easy. I honestly can't remember the tactic I used for him since it's been so long, I just remember struggling hard even when following videos on how to clear it. I did that same thing for the container, but the new ones that spawn after getting it would sometimes clip me or attack when they normally never did which caused me to explode one time. The other time one moved into a spot where it shouldn't have moved to way too early & blocked my path so it was either shoot or get hit, both risking me blowing up, so I chose to shoot in hopes that I kill it & don't explore. Well long story short, I exploded. I did do it on the run after that though

yeah 0 doesn't have Very Easy. I honestly can't remember the tactic I used for him since it's been so long, I just remember struggling hard even when following videos on how to clear it. I did that same thing for the container, but the new ones that spawn after getting it would sometimes clip me or attack when they normally never did which caused me to explode one time. The other time one moved into a spot where it shouldn't have moved to way too early & blocked my path so it was either shoot or get hit, both risking me blowing up, so I chose to shoot in hopes that I kill it & don't explore. Well long story short, I exploded. I did do it on the run after that though

Don’t think any spawn after. The only time you may struggle is if you pass the room and get overwhelmed by chimera spawns.

I just clear the areas of enemies to and from and none spawned even on Hard.

Lets continue this on the discord or via dms ? 

Just now, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Don’t think any spawn after. The only time you may struggle is if you pass the room and get overwhelmed by chimera spawns.

I just clear the areas of enemies to and from and none spawned even on Hard.

I might be misremembering but I always remember there being some even after clearing the path. Again it's been a good couple years since I platinumed, hell, even played it. It could also be that RE0 is harder, but because RE1 was my first I'm remember that one as being harder since I haven't played RE1 since I got the plat

7 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Please sign me up. I currently have:

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Resident Evil HD Remaster

Resident Evil 2 Remake (100%)

Resident Evil 3 Remake 

Resident Evil 7 (100%)

Resident Evil Village

Any recommendations which game to play next? I know that RE4 is a favorite of many, but i'll probably wait for the remake.

Either 4 or 6. 

7 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Most people don't really like 6. I saw on your profile that you've been playing 5 recently. May I ask why you recommended 6 and apparently don't like 5 as much?

I actually don’t like 5 at all. The monsters are too grotesque, rather than scary. The narrative is very dry and they killed one of the best villains in the dumbest way imaginable. There are some highlights, but  the game built itself on all the worst parts of 4 with too much action, really bad QTEs, and stiff gameplay. The AI is also very dumb, they are worse than Ashley in this regard. The game is also a collect-a-thon with a bunch of gems (another reference to 4) and the emblems (bottle caps).

The best part about 5 are the fights with Wesker and the longbow. The DLC is amazing, the enemies are great, the environment, the tone, and even the narrative. Unfortunately, it’s very short and serves as a prequel and a tie-in, respectively.

Infinite Ammo is too easy to get and it breaks the game very quick. Resident Evil 5 has the hardest Professional difficulty I’ve played, but the addition of infinite ammo makes it a joke.

Many people hated 6 because of the 4 Story Modes. Personally, I enjoyed them. For $60, I got my money’s worth on release. The only bad one is Ada’s because they force you to play stealthy in a survival horror action game, it just feels very weird.

The AI actually carries you hard here. On No Hope, difficulty above Pro, the AI is pretty much doing all the work and you’re tagging along for the ride.

The game no longer has the scary feel to it like in 5, but it still gives you chills in some sections. The bosses can also be quite challenging, but they aren’t unbearable.

The infinite ammo is nerfed to only ammo one weapon to be used, which is fair given how OP 5 felt. The QTEs are more balanced, they are more forgiving than 5’s.

6 feels like an improvement to 5’s gameplay and more. It’s underrated because many felt it was too experimental in trying out various genres, but they were good in their own right. Ada’s though was a disappointment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1

10 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Please sign me up. I currently have:

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Resident Evil HD Remaster

Resident Evil 2 Remake (100%)

Resident Evil 3 Remake 

Resident Evil 7 (100%)

Resident Evil Village

Any recommendations which game to play next? I know that RE4 is a favorite of many, but i'll probably wait for the remake.

Added.

11 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Do you think I should do 2 and 3 next, jump straight into 7 after 6, or try and finish revelations and/or raccoon city?

You can try and finish Revelations 1 and if it's not too hard Raccoon City before doing 2 and 3.

11 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I own all the games besides umbrella corps and resistance.

wadn't Resistance bundled with RE3?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

snip

Wow, thanks a lot for your very informative answer. Definitely didn't expect that, but it's much appreciated. 

TBH I've been avoiding 5 AND 6 due to the MP DLCs. I don't have friends who are willing to play/boost them with me, so I'd probably have to rely on randoms or boosting sessions. Are there still active players in the PS4 MP modes? Is 100% attainable without boosting sessions? How hard/annoying/boring are the MP modes?

23 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Wow, thanks a lot for your very informative answer. Definitely didn't expect that, but it's much appreciated. 

TBH I've been avoiding 5 AND 6 due to the MP DLCs. I don't have friends who are willing to play/boost them with me, so I'd probably have to rely on randoms or boosting sessions. Are there still active players in the PS4 MP modes? Is 100% attainable without boosting sessions? How hard/annoying/boring are the MP modes?

5 Versus DLC is awful and tedium. You can’t do it without 4 for teams and 2 in the singular modes.

6 DLC is actually very fun in a casual level. The trophies aren’t too bad, but some are grindy. You need a minimum of 1 other person for it all. You may need 3 (you and 2 others) for a few, but that’s not too bad.

23 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Added.

You can try and finish Revelations 1 and if it's not too hard Raccoon City before doing 2 and 3.

wadn't Resistance bundled with RE3?

I’m working on Raccoon city as we speak. Game is definitely the hardest plat of the bunch lol. Those S+ ranks are very frustrating. Just popped my first trophy in 5 years, too.

I can try that after Raccoon City, then. I keep forgetting resistance was free lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this Event ongoing? I'd love to try to platinum all of them but I've been hesitant to really start any of them since there's so many multiplayer stuff on some of these. If It is I'd Like To try to platinum every game in the series within two years. But for now I'm Just a survivor.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, insainraven said:

Is this Event ongoing? I'd love to try to platinum all of them but I've been hesitant to really start any of them since there's so many multiplayer stuff on some of these. If It is I'd Like To try to platinum every game in the series within two years. But for now I'm Just a survivor.

Yes, This PP is ongoing. Good luck.

Hi, update on the resident evil games I got the platinum during the last year

- Resident Evil 5 (PS4) - Platinum and 100%

- Resident Evil 6 (PS4) - Platinum and 100%

- Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS4) - Platinum 

This should get me to Wesker Rank and should get the "Port Master", "Chris Lover" and "Claire Lover" emblems. Thanks 

Edited by RE_MANIA_97

On 8/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, RE_MANIA_97 said:

Hi, update on the resident evil games I have the platinum during the last year

- Resident Evil 5 (PS4) - Platinum and 100%

- Resident Evil 6 (PS4) - Platinum and 100%

- Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS4) - Platinum 

Thanks 

Updated

• 2 months later...