add multiple profiles at once

Flail

i think the more ppl are tracked the more accurate the leaderboard gets...

there should be way more than 80mio PSN accounts and only ~1mio are tracked on this side...

ok first of... why is there a IP lock for adding to many new accounts? or is it just an lock for updating to many accs... i don't know

so i think it would be great if there were the possibility to add multiple accounts at once.

for example if u are a registered member on this side you have the possibility to upload a .txt file with a PSN name in each line which the system validates and adds them all to the tracked members...

or just a field in the user area where I can add multiple ppl…

I would add thousands of new accounts to this side if I would have the possibility to add them fast :D (just add the CoD or BF3 leaderboard :D)

so it would be very easy to get the side with the largest and most accurate leaderboard on the www

While I would like to see a better representation of the overall community, there's a ton of overhead for processing and tracking that many users. This site essentially attracts trophy hunters and people that are interested in their trophies... that's why we come here in the first place, right? The IP blocking is just a security feature built into the site to avoid attacks that would slow down the server by constantly adding people. The block is a temporary one, so you will be able to add more IDsonce the block has been lifted.

its just... the side tracks about ~1% of all PSN accounts... how accurate can the stats be?

i know that more profiles would be more server load but i also would love to see a better representation of all playstation games/gamers and not just 1% of "hardcore" trophy hunters ;)

Edited by Flail

its just... the side tracks about ~1% of all PSN accounts... how accurate can the stats be?

i know that more profiles would be more server load but i also would love to see a better representation of all playstation games/gamers and not just 1% of "hardcore" trophy hunters ;)

A sample size of 1 million is plenty accurate.

There's really no gain in tracking millions of profiles that don't get viewed.

• Like 3

Its a non-representative sample of the whole psn population. Its geared much more towards those who make a point in obtaining the trophies. If you wanted a true, representative sample of the population, you'd have to add a feature like this. However, I know that's entirely unreasonable with server load and everything.

I am all for the expansion of the profile database, so long as the servers can handle it. With that said, I'm not implying any other site has a more representative sample of the psn population than this one, they're all probably about the same.

• Like 2

Its not the load of the server.

Its the request time to playstation.com to read out the user data.

One request takes up to 1-2 seconds (all depends on how sly has set it up)

For example 10 million psnids needs about 115 days for updating.

So your account will be updated every 3-4 month. Do you want that?

I would add thousands of new accounts to this side if I would have the possibility to add them fast :D (just add the CoD or BF3 leaderboard :D)

How much exactly? More than a million?

Do you think 100,000 new psnids will change the 1% ? :lol:

Edited by kareha_

Its not the load of the server.

Its the request time to playstation.com to read out the user data.

One request takes up to 1-2 seconds (all depends on how sly has set it up)

For example 10 million psnids needs about 115 days for updating.

So your account will be updated every 3-4 month. Do you want that?

We use the PSN servers to get info. It is very much the server load, more users tracked = bigger database = more load on RAM + disks.

Why would it even matter? Most people that actually trophy hunt will find their way to sites like this, because they want to keep track of their stats. The ones that aren't added are almost always going to be those that don't trophy hunt, aka don't have many trophies/are in the bottom percentile. Adding all of these millions of accounts you want would slow down the website just so your rank could be 1,000 out of 80 million rather than 1,000 out of 1 million.

• Like 3

2-3mio u just have to add the leaderboards of popular games ;) like CoD or BF3 etc.

so its not hard adding a lot of ppl... the problem is just i don't know who is already tracked and who not so i just add everybody...

it's not just about the trophys, i would also love to get more accurate stats about popular games... i really love stats xD

and i think PSNprofiles is the side with the most interesting stats... sadly (for me) u r only tracking a "small" amount of users ;)

but i can understand that running this side isnt cheap and a higher server load shouldnt be a goal xD

Edited by Flail

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Adding all of these millions of accounts you want would slow down the website just so your rank could be 1,000 out of 80 million rather than 1,000 out of 1 million.

wrong. There are millions of missing psnids that have more than 500 trophies. So for the most Users here, the rank is by far not accurate.