Are LBP2 Trophies with save data flagged?

I got into a discussion with a friend when he saw my timestamps for Sound Shapes in Vita and PS4 because in my knowledge, Sound Shapes, Sly Cooper and probably most of the games with Vita and PS3/PS4 stackable trophies, where the only kind of games where you could "auto-unlock" trophies. Anyway he pointed out that LBP2 is another example where you could use your save data and unlock trophies you didnt because you were unable to sync before changing to your new console.

Anyway, thxs for your feedback.

Regards

Edited by angelbless45
typo

You will be flagged if you do so. Manipulating save files (your own or someone else's) to unlock trophies automatically isn't allowed on ps3 games. At the moment it is allowed only on vita and ps4 games.

Refer to this post for more information about what constitutes a flag on this website. Note that other trophy tracking websites have different rules than this one does.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

You will be flagged if you do so. Manipulating save files (your own or someone else's) to unlock trophies automatically isn't allowed on ps3 games. At the moment it is allowed only on vita and ps4 games.

Refer to this post for more information about what constitutes a flag on this website. Note that other trophy tracking websites have different rules than this one does.

I see! thanks for your feedback! You mean manipulating in the sense of hacking somehow right? Because you can transfer Vita save files to PS3 and PS4 files to PS3 in Sound Shapes (or that way gets a flag too? :o!!)

Edited by angelbless45

36 minutes ago, angelbless45 said:

I see! thanks for your feedback! You mean manipulating in the sense of hacking somehow right? Because you can transfer Vita save files to PS3 and PS4 files to PS3 in Sound Shapes (or that way gets a flag too? :o!!)

The "manipulating" here is really referring to manipulating your trophy timestamps - using a save backup to automatically pop trophies and syncing those instead of the original trophies. Games like Sound Shapes are whitelisted as they use cross-save which is an in-game feature (see the rules). One other major difference is that using cross-save doesn't involve deleting your original trophy timestamps.

As for LittleBigPlanet 2, I don't think it's as black and white as others have suggested. There are ways of playing the game legitimately which results in auto-popping trophies and at least one such case where a flag was actually overturned.

• Like 1

The difference with LBP2 is that you can play the game in co-op with someone else and earn the "pins", and then when you log in on your own account those pins auto-unlock the trophies for your account. This has nothing whatsoever to do with manipulating a save file (not even your own).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

The difference with LBP2 is that you can play the game in co-op with someone else and earn the "pins", and then when you log in on your own account those pins auto-unlock the trophies for your account. This has nothing whatsoever to do with manipulating a save file (not even your own).

Alright thanks for the explanation guys!.. I really dont understand how the pins work lol.. but I do know you can change date/time on your PS console so you can get some trophies to por  (LBP, Arkham City) right?. Anyway, since its not black or white in some trophies, guess it must be complicated to solve disputes, considering there are plenty of glitched trophies out there. 

auto poping is allowed on ps4 and vita only because so far there's no way to use game save that's not yours to pop trophies (atleast yet ^^ i know they are modded ps4 so it ps4 resigner might already be a thing). if you auto pop a game on ps3 there's no way to tell if you used your save or a downloaded one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-13 at 6:19 PM, imOvray said:

auto poping is allowed on ps4 and vita only because so far there's no way to use game save that's not yours to pop trophies (atleast yet ^^ i know they are modded ps4 so it ps4 resigner might already be a thing). if you auto pop a game on ps3 there's no way to tell if you used your save or a downloaded one.

Modded PS4 and resigner? OMG thats new to me, I didnt think they were going to make it.

You gone get flagged hardcore yo.

Though to be fair, after a year or three with that flag, they did find a couple more inconsistencies on my profile from playing on friend's machines and shit, and I've talked about PSP save swapping and stuff here.

Anyway, if you've got nothing else shitty on your profile, take a video of the legit stamps and then you copying that exact save and then auto popping them if you need.