Found An Interesting Photo

damon8r351

I think most people have spoken with their wallets. Once the big opening sale happened and everybody got sour, word of mouth haulted sales. This update will not change the minds of consumers. Capcom is a prime example of this. SF5 had a great opening sales push. Just like nms, as soon as people saw how bare bones the game was, word of mouth haulted sales. No matter what Capcom has done to try and fix it, their sales have never picked up or recovered from the fall out. They seem to be repeating their SF5 mistake with MVCI as well. 

Developers need to see the bigger picture. Releasing an unfinished game is going to do nothing but cost them precious numbers and longevity. Most gamers don't care about promised future updates. If they pay $60 for a game, they want the full game at the time of payment, and rightfully so.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think most people have spoken with their wallets. Once the big opening sale happened and everybody got sour, word of mouth haulted sales. This update will not change the minds of consumers. Capcom is a prime example of this. SF5 had a great opening sales push. Just like nms, as soon as people saw how bare bones the game was, word of mouth haulted sales. No matter what Capcom has done to try and fix it, their sales have never picked up or recovered from the fall out. They seem to be repeating their SF5 mistake with MVCI as well. 

Developers need to see the bigger picture. Releasing an unfinished game is going to do nothing but cost them precious numbers and longevity. Most gamers don't care about promised future updates. If they pay $60 for a game, they want the full game at the time of payment, and rightfully so.

I'll be jumping back in for sure.  I believe others will as well.

I believe it's too late now for most of people who got the game day one . The MP should be a main feature right at the start . If i bought the game with so many features stripped from what i was promised i would not cared for what would came in the future since i will feel like a total dumbass being ripped off . 

It might appeal for those who haven't bought yet and are lookingto get it on a sale when the MP hits the scene .

I've personally been waiting for the updates to drop to get back into it, so this is good news to me. I'm one of the few that probably spent 40+ hours in it, I really did enjoy it. But I don't like going back to games for updates unless it's like destiny ffxiv or a completely new story chapter in a game(although for FFXV I'm waiting till all dlcs drop). 

When they say it's the last dlc, I'll jump back in for sure, no doubt. And get my precious plat :D

On 2017-6-16 at 11:15 PM, Dav9834 said:

I've personally been waiting for the updates to drop to get back into it, so this is good news to me. I'm one of the few that probably spent 40+ hours in it, I really did enjoy it. But I don't like going back to games for updates unless it's like destiny ffxiv or a completely new story chapter in a game(although for FFXV I'm waiting till all dlcs drop). 

When they say it's the last dlc, I'll jump back in for sure, no doubt. And get my precious plat :D

Though I've already got the plat, I feel the same way as you.  Still have my physical copy of the game, but waiting for more updates/DLC to drop before jumping back into this.  I enjoyed what I played (didn't listen to any of the hype) and got more or less what I expected.  Maybe the next update might tempt me back, will wait and see.

• Like 1