Possible GT5 DLC Incoming *Update In First Post*

Parker

It looks like GT5 may follow in the footsteps of it's competition and finally release some DLC. It'e been 7 months since the games been released, and multiple patches have improved the experience tremendously, but who's gonna say no to some more cars or tracks? :D

In the 7 months since Gran Turismo 5’s release, it’s never been officially suggested that additional downloadable content (“DLC”) would made available for the game – until now. While responding to a comment on the French PlayStation Blog, contributing Sony editor Guillaume Couturier shared an interesting bit of information (tip and human translation by bajwadu06):

“Polyphony has already started with the new update, DLC’s should follow.”

Considering the comment was made on June 16, he is presumably referring to GT5 v1.10, differentiating between the game’s “updates” and actual “DLC”. Curiously, his words come only a week after Sony manager Penrose Tackie made a similar, reassuring reply to another comment on the European PlayStation Blog:

“I appreciate the frustration with regards to DLC but keep checking back on the PlayStation Blog, there will be news in due course.”

While this could mean a number of different things, there is certainly no shortage of appropriate content for speculation. Over 25 unused track logos are still hidden on Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Remote Racing website, and let’s not forget about that bizarre Red Bull blog post from January, which offers up tips on how to conquer the (obviously absent) Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb course within the game.

That said, as with all speculation in the world of Gran Turismo, be careful not to set your expectations too high. Regardless, these comments are notable and encouraging.

Source: Sony Hints of Gran Turismo 5 DLC

*Update July 30th, 2011*

Seems there has been more talk from Kaz...

While responding to a question on Twitter, Kazunori Yamauchi has thankfully shared some brief yet interesting information on the future plans for Gran Turismo 5. Here’s a human translation of his comments, kindly offered by GTPlanet community member Shirakawa Akira:

Updates are in preparation. First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The decentralization of our studios and framework is a greater burden than I thought….

This confirms suspicions that Polyphony Digital’s move to Fukuoka has resulted in a recent slowing of GT5 software updates and Seasonal Events. Also, despite Yamauchi’s typically careful choice of words (“probably”), this is the strongest evidence we’ve had of plans to release additional downloadable content (“DLC”) for Gran Turismo 5 since Sony PR staff mentioned it last month.

UPDATE: Kazunori has since posted another tweet in response to the flurry of reactions following his previous post above. Once again, thanks to Shirakawa Akira for the translation!

We’ll make sure to live up to the expectations… It’s quite an effort. Besides, servers aren’t working completely yet. Well, we have to do nothing but our best.

Source: http://www.gtplanet....pdates-and-dlc/

Parker

I'm hoping for some new Premium cars, more tracks (Spa and Bathurst being the ones I want most) and hopefully some Standard to Premium upgrades as well. Ideally all this would be free like in GT5: Prologue, but I have a feeling if DLC does get released I'll be paying for it.

Parker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why cant they just port tracks in from the old games!!!! i dont care what they look like, i just wanna race them!

I feel the same way. I'd love to be able to race on some of the older tracks, and I'd absolutely worship Kaz if he brought back Red Rock and Grindlewald. Those two tracks should've been in every single GT game since GT2.

Parker