Which remix gives you the most trouble?

bobjoehill

I'm currently going for 100% completion, and some of the remixes are insanely hard to platinum. Remixes 36 and 46 make me want to rip my hair out in frustration! I've gotten close 10's of times, but can never seem to finish the remix off. Which remix gives you the most trouble, and if you beat it, what happened?

Hoppy Bobby you say? Hmm righto then, I'm going to give that a try! I was able to get all silver cups on my first run through and have currently been attempting to get all golds at the very least. I just had a look and sure enough, level 36 is one that I've been struggling with badly. Also level 37 it seems must be giving me trouble as well since they are the only 2 I have left to gold. No idea how on Earth I'm going to get platinums on some of these...

On 7/25/2017 at 7:36 PM, FalseSine280 said:

I'm getting trouble with literally every level past 25. The game isn't fun anymore

No offense, but then you must be doing something wrong. I don't consider myself a great gamer at all but completing all Remixes wasn't all that hard for me. It's only after 35 that there were several where I had to try quite a bit to complete them, but there are also several after 35 that I could complete in less than 5 tries. There's even some where Platinum wasn't even that hard.

The key however is to take the right character for the job. The fruit repelling ones are the hardest, as you need that fast speed character, but it's very difficult to be accurate due to its speed.

EDIT: wtf are you talking about, given that you have 100% on this game ?!

Edited by ViperHD

55 minutes ago, ViperHD said:

wtf are you talking about, given that you have 100% on this game ?!

I posted before finished this. It was hard for me. of course there are levels where you can hide in the corner all time but not so many. 

And it takes almost a week for this, about 2-3 hours for each 5 levels, 2 hours of constant frustration and pressure (exept those filler levels mentioned above). 

Edited by FalseSine280

On 7/28/2017 at 5:01 PM, FalseSine280 said:

I posted before finished this. It was hard for me. of course there are levels where you can hide in the corner all time but not so many. 

And it takes almost a week for this, about 2-3 hours for each 5 levels, 2 hours of constant frustration and pressure (exept those filler levels mentioned above). 

Ah ok. From your trophy dates, I thought you had them all done within just a few days which is impressive. I'm already having serious trouble with getting Gold on all of them that I'll probably give up on 100%.

Well, I've tried using Hoppy Bobby for remix 36 and I don't seem to be able to get far using him. I've switched to Ray Manta now and the best I've got is about 27,000. I'm at my wits end trying to just get GOLD, letalone platinum. It's the last remix I need to unlock the trophy for all golds :shakefist: Any further advice for this one, anyone?

Hoppy Bobby is best for remix 46, so its a good thing you switched. The only thing I can say is level 36 really is a grind, and manta ray is the best character. You might have some luck with Dunjun Dude if you sit in the top left corner, as that is always a good strat to try if you cannot beat the level.

• Like 1

I actually managed to FINALLY get the gold cup trophy this morning after having a lucky run with Manta Ray - I actually got the platinum cup as well (just!) on remix 36, thank goodness! Now to attempt platinum on my remaining 21 levels...ugh.

Ok, Hoppy Bobby for 46. Right then, I'll give that a try, thanks. I know there's a couple of other remixes that are nightmares for me (not sure what numbers they are until I boot up the game again), but one is the one where you have to collect 80 aubergines (I think it's 80), and also the one later on where you need to get 20 danger close (I think). I think Manta Ray may be best for the aubergines? But just not sure I am skilled enough to get to 80 :/ Like I said, a real nightmare is that level...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 8 left to platinum and then I've got the 100%, it mostly seems to be the close shave ones left for me. I'm not sure which character I like the most for these.

I've not found Manta Ray useful anywhere really and am getting most use out of Eggsy.

edit:

Down to just three left!

28 - Crush (24 danger bonuses)

37 - Frustration (Survive for 1:40)

46 - Hotline (Survive for 2:00)

My thoughts on best characters for these are Standard, Dunjun Dude and Hoppy Bobby respectively.

edit2:

All done, in the end I did use those three characters for all three of those. Very happy with that 100%

Edited by booshy_89
update

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finished up to challenge 39 with platinum medals for each stage up to that point, but I found 20 to be toughest for me so far. I suck with limited space to move and only being able to move along that horizontal line really frustrated me.

I managed to beat 36 and 37 earlier without too much trouble. I've been using the standard character this whole time but I'm seeing all these posts saying to switch characters so I'll give that a try when I play next! 

For challenge 37, it really deserved the name "Frustration" because it is an annoying stage! I just hugged the bottom left corner of the area for about 90% of the run and only moved up to grab fruit if I had a clear opening. That stage got easier for me as the worms got longer though!

I stopped on challenge 40 to call it a night, I got silver pretty easily but having to dodge both the enemies and the fruit makes that one a tough one for me!