Quality VS Quantity - "Skill Leaderboard" request

You

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

there are trophies that are very challenging that are not ultra rare also.  This may be do to it being a lot of fun so people don't mind working toward it.  Sometimes people have found a way to cheat.  Take Mile high Club.  It was a very challenging trophy.  I practiced at it quite a bit and it took me a lot of time.  It was ultra rare then but now its rare because everyone used a save glitch to get it.  So many of us that earned a ultra rare were sort of robbed out of it.  So i could care less just play games that are fun to play and that you like and if you get an ultra rare you got it doing something you like.  Playing shitty games for trophies is a waste of time.  playing some insanely hard game that sucks for a ultra rare trophy is equally a waste of time.

Mile High Club isn't worth an UR, especially compared to other FPS stuff. Even without the difficulty glitch there's zero chance it would have stayed UR. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Im new to this forum but what inwas going to ask is in line with this topic.

I went to check the leaderboards and where i ranked, but when i checked i saw that my total point count was way, way above other people around me.

Is it because of my trophy rarity or something else? I wouldnt assume so. I have played telltale games (which are common, guaranteed plats) and lego games (easy but time consuming) but despite those they dont make up the majority of my list I wouldnt say.

y7aqy0V_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

31 minutes ago, LogansRun82 said:

So Im new to this forum but what inwas going to ask is in line with this topic.

I went to check the leaderboards and where i ranked, but when i checked i saw that my total point count was way, way above other people around me.

Is it because of my trophy rarity or something else? I wouldnt assume so. I have played telltale games (which are common, guaranteed plats) and lego games (easy but time consuming) but despite those they dont make up the majority of my list I wouldnt say.

y7aqy0V_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The leaderboard takes a little bit to update after you synced your trophies.

• 4 years later...
On 18.7.2017 at 6:55 AM, Xylobe said:

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

This feature has already been implemented in some capacity (though as far as I can tell it's not linked anywhere, which is bizarre). It's not sorted exclusively by number of Ultra Rares, and at a glance I can't exactly tell how the points are calculated, but it's still very similar to what you're requesting. 

When I click on the leaderboard link all the profiles seem to be private. I can't see any trophies. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this still a beta?

Looking at the "new trophy list" section on a daily basis makes me want to puke. It's so crazy and it seems it won't stop. This post was from 2017, it even got worse, like a lot.

It would be so amazing to see the old leaderboard disappear to get replaced by the rarity board. Pretty sure the flood of garbage would stop within a short period of time.

But I think this will never happen am I right? 

I'm aware that even the rarity isn't always an indicator for a somewhat "diffcult" game but I think it's what comes closest to be a valide indicator in the end. 

I really feel sorry for the guy(s), who have to add these copy paste bullshit day by day :D

Edited by DavySuicide

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

When I click on the leaderboard link all the profiles seem to be private. I can't see any trophies. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this still a beta?

Looking at the "new trophy list" section on a daily basis makes me want to puke. It's so crazy and it seems it won't stop. This post was from 2017, it even got worse, like a lot.

It would be so amazing to see the old leaderboard disappear to get replaced by the rarity board. Pretty sure the flood of garbage would stop within a short period of time.

But I think this will never happen am I right? 

I'm aware that even the rarity isn't always an indicator for a somewhat "diffcult" game but I think it's what comes closest to be a valide indicator in the end. 

I really feel sorry for the guy(s), who have to add these copy paste bullshit day by day :D

Nice, a non-closed rarity leaderboard thread. closing in 3,2,1..

I would have loved to see this one in the main page of the site next to the std leaderboard. but since this has been a request since forever it will never happen. which is funny since the base is already there! 

I believe I read before that cheaters does not fully get removed on that leaderboard or something. which means that there are a lot of 'dead profiles' on that leaderboard. that also means that leaderboard is pure crap in its current state. 

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Nice, a non-closed rarity leaderboard thread. closing in 3,2,1..

I would have loved to see this one in the main page of the site next to the std leaderboard. but since this has been a request since forever it will never happen. which is funny since the base is already there! 

I believe I read before that cheaters does not fully get removed on that leaderboard or something. which means that there are a lot of 'dead profiles' on that leaderboard. that also means that leaderboard is pure crap in its current state. 

oh sorry I wasn't aware that these kind of threads were meant to be closed or deleted. Just found this by accident and was triggered with all these zippypippy releases on the main page again. I remember that there was a pretty huge thread here once with many good ideas and even a beta but haven't found it anymore. Now I probably know why. Thx 4 the headsup.

• Like 2