Hard as nails or...rubbish...

ArkonRhys

• 5 months later...

Hard as nails on hardcore.

Seems easy till lv 4.. Soon as you hit the lv 4-5 bump.

You get unfair encounters back to back

Any necromancers/thrals show up that you cant kill in 2 turns ( normally spawn around a corner or 10 tilles away)

Youll quickly find your self faceing 20 undead ( summons 2-3 a turn. ) 45 hrs of playing. Only seen resurrect fail once for them. On top of rgn orcs undead 3-8 per every other turn. Or when ever your mage rolls a 0 for winds of power.

Finnal dungeon for stirland. Litterly every 3 turns. ( or when i was down to 2 foe left) would spawn 7-10 more black orcs.  Ontop of unfair debuffs. -2 armor from x event. Rocks falling from above doing rng 2-5 dmg and 1 warrior suffering -1 wound (hp) a turn.

Black orc: 45-50 hp 2-4 armor 2 attack.

Simple enough low acc.

But when all 3-7 of your hits miss. Even w legendary acc ring. Giving a massive boost to acc ( according to description)  and your mage being out of commission because of ambush (0 winds of power) and wanting to save there 15 ish power reserve for heals ( saved me from permadeathing a warrior a few times)

And having 7-12 of them orcs + a great orc shaman (err we go = power up shout? Unsure)  and aoe stun shout that reaches entire dungeon.

Yah quckly becomes bullshit.

And thats not just for end dungeon. That's all dungeons

Randomly suffering stench. -1 weapon skill ( acc) and some times that 1 ws is all thats letting you hit anything.

Dungeon seems to scale to your highest member. Unsure if thats in dungeon or party. But soon as i lost my 1st lv 5 party. Stuff went from 24~60 hp back to 2-20.

Keep bringing 2 lv 7/8s with me to train my 1~4 toons. A lot faster this way as when lower guy lands kill. They are getting 300-500 xp a kill

** hind sight. Normal dungeon gets my guys average of 45-53k exp and 3k gold from kills alone, avg. 100-200 gold a kill 

Amount of gold needed to lv * yes..you need to pay for lv up training* scales quickly.

1-2: 200g

2-3: 500g

3-4: 1000g

4-5: 2000g

5-6: 5000g

6-7: 10k

7-8: 15k

Luckly you can reset quest dungeons. And farm them. They are scripted to stay recomended level. So no random 200hp ravage rivior trolls x 3 w hp regen 3.  Attacks and 7 armor to gank you

Luckly game seems to "remember" your gear and will more then not regenerate dungeons offering that gear if you lose it. Or want to farm to sell.

Ive seen berseker sword pop up every other dungeon once i aquired. So if you lose a guy you can quickly require lost gear ( if on hard core)

As for normal i would assume as hard aa hard core. W.o perma death going off discription

Tired a casual run to pick up gliched Trophys ( finnish all setlement quests in x area, sell 200 items )  afew dungeons in.... Its heavy in your favor. You get the high end of all rolls. And your base stats are as high as they go.

Example.

Lv1 marauder. Can have 12-15 hp when you get him in hc.

In casual he has 15hp ( each time i recruited him / dismissed) got same values.

Might update if i find anything eles that messes w difficulty

Oh! You start game w godlike weapons.

So if your on casual / normal. Ya you can steamroll the game.

Hardcore... Ehh i lost the weapons to death at lv 4... Havent seen them pop back up. Imho think they were the 1$ " pay to win" weapons from iso version

• 2 years later...

I would strongly advise that you DO NOT get this game. It It's not that the game is overly difficult. It's the fact that almost all the trophies are glitched. Plus, one thing that really bothers me is that you always seem to miss with your attacks. However, the enemy will almost never miss. It just seems very unbalanced. Another thing that really upsets me about the game is that you do not retain any from dungeons. So if you make it halfway through a dungeon but you want to leave, you loose all exp. So you are forced to finish it if you want to gain exp. Also, the auto saves are not the best. They tend to save at awkward moments and heaven forbid you need to reload because you will be in a bad spot and have an uphill battle to get out of it. The best character in the game is also the worst. The Berserker can deal a lot of damage and get several attacks per round but if he goes berserk, he will turn on your party and not only kill them but also kill himself. 

• Like 1