Adam Sessler Speaks For Gamers Everywhere

DanielVT

I wish people could just watch and understand this. I do believe that M rated games should be monitored by parents and there permission should be sincere, but the blame shouldn't be at video games at all. They aren't some Donnie Darko demon whispering in children's ears. It is pretty easy to turn stuff off.

• Like 2

I wish people could just watch and understand this. I do believe that M rated games should be monitored by parents and there permission should be sincere, but the blame shouldn't be at video games at all. They aren't some Donnie Darko demon whispering in children's ears. It is pretty easy to turn stuff off.

Do you mean as if parents should watch what the children buy and check up on it or do you actually mean they sit there during actual gameplay? I do agree with you 100% though that the parents should be notified and acknowledged of what they're buying their kid instead of throwing out the ERSB rating out the fucking door. It's quite sad that everyone wants to point the blame towards something that is harmless in every sense of the word. I mean, should I just all of a sudden point the finger at modern day rapper such as Rick Ross or Lil' Wayne (although shit at what they do) should I say how they influenced kids to join gangs and sag their pants below their goddamn knees?! If anything, I'm more afraid of what will happen when people stop using their fucking brains which will lead to common sense out of the window. Oh, wait, that's happening right now :(

• Like 1

Do you mean as if parents should watch what the children buy and check up on it or do you actually mean they sit there during actual gameplay? I do agree with you 100% though that the parents should be notified and acknowledged of what they're buying their kid instead of throwing out the ERSB rating out the fucking door. It's quite sad that everyone wants to point the blame towards something that is harmless in every sense of the word. I mean, should I just all of a sudden point the finger at modern day rapper such as Rick Ross or Lil' Wayne (although shit at what they do) should I say how they influenced kids to join gangs and sag their pants below their goddamn knees?! If anything, I'm more afraid of what will happen when people stop using their fucking brains which will lead to common sense out of the window. Oh, wait, that's happening right now :(

I meant parents should know what they are buying their children. A 15 year old child with a 2.0 GPA and an addictive nature should NOT be buying Skyrim, and the over aggressive, rebellious 13 year old shouldn't be into Call of Duty. But the responsible kid that knows how to handle himself should do be able to be trusted with games that the parents are comfortable with. Why shouldn't a 14 year old be able to play around with friends on GTA if he is a nice young man with patience and great grades. What I mean by parents monitoring games, is parents should monitor how there kids behave before they are introduced to games. Same with what you said, those rappers are actually artists believe it or not. Even though I don't like the music, and think what they say are vulgar, it really isn't my place to say they should be banned from recording music. Just as the video said.....it wasn't meant for kids. Kids shouldn't make the descions on everything.mits what parents are for, as long as the parents aren't completely sheltering the child.

Video games do not cause the violence. Violent kids were violent beforehand, and parents just allowed them to play said "violent" video games.

• Like 2

I meant parents should know what they are buying their children. A 15 year old child with a 2.0 GPA and an addictive nature should NOT be buying Skyrim, and the over aggressive, rebellious 13 year old shouldn't be into Call of Duty. But the responsible kid that knows how to handle himself should do be able to be trusted with games that the parents are comfortable with. Why shouldn't a 14 year old be able to play around with friends on GTA if he is a nice young man with patience and great grades. What I mean by parents monitoring games, is parents should monitor how there kids behave before they are introduced to games. Same with what you said, those rappers are actually artists believe it or not. Even though I don't like the music, and think what they say are vulgar, it really isn't my place to say they should be banned from recording music. Just as the video said.....it wasn't meant for kids. Kids shouldn't make the descions on everything.mits what parents are for, as long as the parents aren't completely sheltering the child.

Video games do not cause the violence. Violent kids were violent beforehand, and parents just allowed them to play said "violent" video games.

I agree with you, I truly do. I can't fathom though how some people cannot realize what gaming can accomplish though. Let's say there's a kid with low self esteem or a mental illness, whatever video game they play could help relieve them of being depressed since they feel like they're good enough to help people (ala InFAMOUS) or could let them escape from the horrors they face from let's say Dementia (Skyrim). These people should be pointing the fingers at themselves for letting this happen and take responsibility for once instead.

• Like 1

I agree with you, I truly do. I can't fathom though how some people cannot realize what gaming can accomplish though. Let's say there's a kid with low self esteem or a mental illness, whatever video game they play could help relieve them of being depressed since they feel like they're good enough to help people (ala InFAMOUS) or could let them escape from the horrors they face from let's say Dementia (Skyrim). These people should be pointing the fingers at themselves for letting this happen and take responsibility for once instead.

Exactly! I completely forgot about the positive side as well....I know my new grandpa is a retired army veteran. He has no legs, at age 72. He can't really do much, and he is a HUGE LittleBigPlanet fan. He plays all the time. I even play with him, and he is better than me

• Like 1