Why didn't the DLC come to PS3?

A quick Google told me nothing, though a more advanced Google of maybe 20 seconds instead of 10 could have, I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

What I do know is that Goat Sim is infamous, at least here, for it's constant DLC streams, which I personally think is great on paper, but whatever, anyway. Goat Sim on PS4 has 4 or 5 DLC packs at the moment, as does the PC, Xbox One, and even Xbox 360 versions. Android and iOS also offer the DLC packs, albeit as standalone games, which is far cooler in my opinion. 

But why doesn't the PS3 version get any DLC love? Genuinely asking, does anyone on here know something I don't?

The bloody 360 is getting all the DLC, the 2005 Xbox has the same 2017 DLC as the current genners, why isn't the PS3? Sure you know, if you want the DLC you could just buy it on PS4 and move on with your day, shitty approach to take but an understandable one of sorts, but why then does the 360 keep getting updates, that's what gets me about this. If last gen was straight cut out I'd understand completely, but oh well.

Then one day it gets all the DLC in one hit and y'all completionists die a little inside.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

A quick Google told me nothing, though a more advanced Google of maybe 20 seconds instead of 10 could have, I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

What I do know is that Goat Sim is infamous, at least here, for it's constant DLC streams, which I personally think is great on paper, but whatever, anyway. Goat Sim on PS4 has 4 or 5 DLC packs at the moment, as does the PC, Xbox One, and even Xbox 360 versions. Android and iOS also offer the DLC packs, albeit as standalone games, which is far cooler in my opinion. 

But why doesn't the PS3 version get any DLC love? Genuinely asking, does anyone on here know something I don't?

The bloody 360 is getting all the DLC, the 2005 Xbox has the same 2017 DLC as the current genners, why isn't the PS3? Sure you know, if you want the DLC you could just buy it on PS4 and move on with your day, shitty approach to take but an understandable one of sorts, but why then does the 360 keep getting updates, that's what gets me about this. If last gen was straight cut out I'd understand completely, but oh well.

Then one day it gets all the DLC in one hit and y'all completionists die a little inside.

Maybe it's not as much $$$ to put stuff on the MS Store and also release patches? 

19 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am just guessing here but I believe the X360/Xbone/Windows 10 are very similar so it mighty be easy to put it out for all 3. The PS3 to the PS4 is quite different so it might be harder to do (and not worth the effort)

Like I said I am just speculating

Most likely something like this. PS4 and XBox One are pretty much the same console, btw. They both have custom cpus and gpus, but they are all made by AMD.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...