Tales from the Borderlands sales weren't great

Such a shame, I really think it was their best work. Well, maybe aside from TWD Season 1 but I'm probably biased. I was skeptical of a Borderlands game in TellTale's style and even thought it was kind of dumb. But turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. The story and characters were great. And it kept true to the world of Borderlands as well as its humor. I laughed a lot when throughout the whole game. I would love to see a sequel, but this news makes that kinda doubtful.

Real shame it was probably the last great game they made everything since has been okay at best in my view. Sadly understandable situation though like many others I didn't buy it at first because I wasn't very familiar with Borderlands and didn't pick it up until it went on sale some months later, it was the same situation with their Game of Thrones game for me but obviously that's a much bigger name for pushing sales but I didn't like that one so much where as I loved Tales from the Borderlands.

This game really deserved more love. It instantly became my favourite Telltale game after I finished it. It's just very fun and there aren't that many games, nowadays, that have the power to make the player laugh, like TftB has. It truly deserved a sequel, but everything moves around money, so it's unlikely, considering these news.

• 3 months later...
On 2017-08-11 at 3:53 AM, Gengar said:

The director does seem to be comparing sales of the game to the Walking Dead, which is TellTale's juggernaut title. Other than maybe Minecraft: Story Mode, I don't think any other TT game compares to the Walking Dead in terms of sales and popularity.

This is the dumbest shit. Like, did they seriously expect to surpass their most popular title?

Honestly I enjoyed Tales of Borderland more than the later Walking Dead. They only sold so well because its "Walking Dead" series. More would risk it buying it cause of the Tv Show series. Kinda like if they were going to make more Game of Thrones.

44 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

This is the dumbest shit. Like, did they seriously expect to surpass their most popular title?

Agreed.  And if they were trying to just "wrap it up", why end on what was more or less a cliff hanger?