The Love For Dynasty Warriors

syumisan

3 minutes ago, juwaker230 said:

thats a surprisingly short list! i really hope they add more

well since you are a newer poster care to make a list of your fav dw game, fave sw game, and maybe top 5 dw waifus and husbandos, and top 5 sw waifus and husbandos lol its fun but optional of course
also dang we at page 7

Edited by The__High_Ground

28 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

lmfao that stuck with me too!!!!!
also Nobunyaga....lmfao so silly.

we just need Cow Cow to be his double..imagine a literal cow talking about his ambition 

I watched william gameplay tho, thats really cool how he fights just like you do with a sword on nioh

LMAO A LITERAL COW TALKING ABOUT AMBITION. OMG YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING

I found this a few years ago and they kept adding chapters since but OMG YOU MIGHT GET A GOOD LAUGH WITH IT. HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THIS

http://www.san.paulguo.com/?id=1

22 minutes ago, juwaker230 said:

thats a surprisingly short list! i really hope they add more

Me too, I will still love the game either way :P

32 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

lmfao that stuck with me too!!!!!

I SWEAR TO EVERYTHING IT WAS LIKE EVERY FEW SECONDS HE KEPT SAYING IT LMAO I WAS SO ANNOYED ONE TIME I MUTED THE DANG TV XDDDDD

1 minute ago, syumisan said:

LMAO A LITERAL COW TALKING ABOUT AMBITION. OMG YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING

I found this a few years ago and they kept adding chapters since but OMG YOU MIGHT GET A GOOD LAUGH WITH IT. HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THIS

http://www.san.paulguo.com/?id=1

"shut the fuck up" well well my type of humor

omg just looked theres 223 pages ermahgerd

Just now, syumisan said:

WORD RIGHT? THERE IS EVEN MORE FUNNY SHIT THERE XDDD OMG I ALMOST HURT MY RIBS FROM LAUGHING SO MUCH. 

lol I like how they explained zhang feis spear, also quick question, did they give cheng pu the serpent spear on dw9? because i remember his history entry on the games stating he had a serpent spear

24 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

well since you are a newer poster care to make a list of your fav dw game, fave sw game, and maybe top 5 dw waifus and husbandos, and top 5 sw waifus and husbandos lol its fun but optional of course
also dang we at page 7

yeah sure! dynasty warriors 7 was my favorite because of the conquest mode. it was unique. samurai warriors is a hard one. i really like all of them i was a little upset about samurai warriors 3 not being on ps2 or ps3. dynasty warriors godseekers is petty cool as well. the dynasty warriors gameplay  is why i love it so much and a grid base strategy is my second favority style so godseekers is very enjoyable to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, juwaker230 said:

yeah sure! dynasty warriors 7 was my favorite because of the conquest mode. it was unique. samurai warriors is a hard one. i really like all of them i was a little upset about samurai warriors 3 not being on ps2 or ps3. dynasty warriors godseekers is petty cool as well. the dynasty warriors gameplay  is why i love it so much and a grid base strategy is my second favority style so godseekers is very enjoyable to me. 

i really like dw7 too, thought the story was really well done

4 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

lol I like how they explained zhang feis spear, also quick question, did they give cheng pu the serpent spear on dw9? because i remember his history entry on the games stating he had a serpent spear

Says in this Wikia. That is is a double pike but it does look like a serpent spear

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Cheng_Pu

4 minutes ago, juwaker230 said:

PLAYING GODSSEEKERS AS WE SPEAK LOL

7 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Says in this Wikia. That is is a double pike but it does look like a serpent spear

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Cheng_Pu

I knew I wasnt crazy lol, heres just from a quick google search...people talking about him on the zeta boards also theres this "Cheng Pu always wielded a steel-spined spear with a snake headed blade and was greatly gifted not only as a martial combatant, but ..."

omg red hare the hare xD

Edited by The__High_Ground

I have 31 "Musou" platinums. I was thinking that I was the only person who loved these types of games to bits. I was always a massive of scrolling beat-em-ups all the way back since Double Dragon. The Musou series is practically the only company keeping scrolling beat-em-ups alive, have to thank Koei and Omega Force for that.

But yeah, smashing hundreds of robots, chinese soldiers, pirates, punks. Doesn't matter, all the games are awesome, with the exception of Troy Musou, which was well, it was ok I suppose.

Have played and bought pretty much every single one since Dynasty Warriors 2 on PS2.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

I knew I wasnt crazy lol, heres just from a quick google search...people talking about him on the zeta boards also theres this "Cheng Pu always wielded a steel-spined spear with a snake headed blade and was greatly gifted not only as a martial combatant, but ..."

omg red hare the hare xD

YOU MET THE RED "HARE" LOOOL

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I have 31 "Musou" platinums. I was thinking that I was the only person who loved these types of games to bits. I was always a massive of scrolling beat-em-ups all the way back since Double Dragon. The Musou series is practically the only company keeping scrolling beat-em-ups alive, have to thank Koei and Omega Force for that.

But yeah, smashing hundreds of robots, chinese soldiers, pirates, punks. Doesn't matter, all the games are awesome, with the exception of Troy Musou, which was well, it was ok I suppose.

Have played and bought pretty much every single one since Dynasty Warriors 2 on PS2.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME. I DID TOO UNTIL I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS SPECIFIC THREAD. 

11 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

dang, so long running fan here too then :D
whats your favorite games out of em and chars and so on??

My favourite used to be Zhou Yu, in his DW2 costume and move set until DW4, I've not liked him since they gave him his spear.

In Samurai Warriors my favourite is Maeda Keiji, especially in his SW1 pinkish costume, thankfully you can get both Zhou Yu and Maeda Keiji in their original costumes as DLC.

I think my favourite game out of all of them is Fist Of The North Star : Ken's Rage, the first one.

Not sure which game I should call my favorite. I really enjoyed playing the first Yellow Turban stage in Dynasty Warriors 2, that's probably my favourite stage, I played that one over and over again, favourite overall has to be Dynasty Warriors 3, introduction of split screen coop all in 60fps. Played that game for literally 3 to 4 years with several friends.

These days, now I tend to just move onto the next game after getting Platinum. As you should know each one of these takes 100-300 hours on average, so it's not easy getting platinum, well, you're going to be spending a lot of time grinding in most cases anyway. Having a full time job, growing up and married, just don't have enough time to put in playing games these days. Thank god for Vita! Almost all Musou games now can be played on Vita, so I buy all of them on Vita and play them on the train to and from work.

Back in the day when I was younger I even wrote guides on gamefaqs, complete with spelling mistakes and grammar where I didn't bother to proof read properly. I wonder if they are still there.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

My favourite used to be Zhou Yu, in his DW2 costume and move set until DW4, I've not liked him since they gave him his spear.

In Samurai Warriors my favourite is Maeda Keiji, especially in his SW1 pinkish costume, thankfully you can get both Zhou Yu and Maeda Keiji in their original costumes as DLC.

I think my favourite game out of all of them is Fist Of The North Star : Ken's Rage, the first one.

Not sure which game I should call my favorite. I really playing the first Yellow Turban stage in Dynasty Warriors 2, that's probably my favourite stage, I played that one over and over again, favourite overall has to be Dynasty Warriors 3, introduction of split coop all in 60fps. Played that game for literally 3 to 4 years. Now I tend to just move onto the next game after getting Platinum. As you should know each one of these takes 100-300 hours on average, so it's not easy getting platinum, well, you're going to be spending a lot of time grinding in most cases anyway.

Back in the day when I was younger I even wrote guides on gamefaqs, complete with spelling mistakes and grammar where I didn't bother to proof read properly. I wonder if they are still there.

yeah i prefer most of the old fighting styles from 5 and below over the new ones, especially zhou yu. So what you think on the char designs on dw9?
Hahah @gamefaqs stuff..I used to print stuff like how to get the level 5 weapons and stuff at the library because at that time I didnt have internet or a computer

4 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

yeah i prefer most of the old fighting styles from 5 and below over the new ones, especially zhou yu. So what you think on the char designs on dw9?
Hahah @gamefaqs stuff..I used to print stuff like how to get the level 5 weapons and stuff at the library because at that time I didnt have internet or a computer

LMAO I didn't know about cheats till my father asked me should I get some. He used to bring home STACKS AND STACKS LOL BUT THEY WEREN'T ACTUAL CHEATS THOUGH LOL. My favorite code though was the secret opening or ending sequence in DW3 or 4 I do not remember 

Edited by syumisan

1 minute ago, syumisan said:

LMAO I didn't know about cheats till my father asked me should I get some. He used to bring home STACKS AND STACKS LOL

yeah i have a very similar story, I was playing spiderman 1 on ps1 , I remember this because it blew my mind....anyways my dad sad, "do you want some cheats?" I said yeah. and he did them for me and I was speechless lol

btw kitty sun jian wtffffffffffff lmao

also watching cao cao present that sniper to the bird was hilarious

1 minute ago, The__High_Ground said:

yeah i have a very similar story, I was playing spiderman 1 on ps1 , I remember this because it blew my mind....anyways my dad sad, "do you want some cheats?" I said yeah. and he did them for me and I was speechless lol

btw kitty sun jian wtffffffffffff lmao

also watching cao cao present that sniper to the bird was hilarious

LMAO RIGHT? DON'T YOU WANT TO PET HIM? :P ♡♡

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, juwaker230 said:

new charater models arent bad. i like how they reverted a few back to their original costumes then tweaked them. cheng pu got a full make over. i dont know how i feel about lu lingqi new weapons. hope it isnt going to turn out like dw6.

aww i just looked they gave her a sword and shield...that sucks I liked the dw6 lu bu weapon, it fit her lol