The Love For Dynasty Warriors

syumisan

21 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I wish I remembered more of the game other than it being annoying without a definitive guide. Hero Of Chaos does have its own requirements,

so I'm not entirely sure just starting out with Cao Cao is enough. I do remember that for this one in particular the Virtue aspect was annoying.

A solid guide would be a godsend for anyone who wanted to start this game though. 

Yeah, that was a real kick in the teeth. Apparently, Cao Cao is the Hero of Chaos as an NPC, but if you play as him, he's just an ordinary man. <sigh>

These Ways of Life are just ridiculous. I've been executing people and plundering my cities like there is no tomorrow, and my latest Way of Life is something like Virtuous Saint. 

18 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

Also I'm not sure starting out as them counts as unlocking it.. The way it works (which I'm almost sure of) you need to unlock it

you will know which ones you unlocked by creating a character 

you know how you can give them ways of life?? THATS how you know which ones you have unlocked and yes saving works. You can save exit and do another way of life. 

Nah, it doesn't. You're always just an "ordinary man".

Oh, another funny thing was that my character had a child with Diao Chan. He was a male with the "Seductive Beauty" way of life. Go figure...

Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, that was a real kick in the teeth. Apparently, Cao Cao is the Hero of Chaos as an NPC, but if you play as him, he's just an ordinary man. <sigh>

These Ways of Life are just ridiculous. I've been executing people and plundering my cities like there is no tomorrow, and my latest Way of Life is something like Virtuous Saint. 

Maybe you're executing murderers and rapists lol.

I wholeheartedly agree though. The tight requirements for some of the ways of life are a little ridiculous when there's no info. Anyone who played blind and wasn't aware of how many lifestyles there were...they'd be playing forever before getting that trophy. Some of that stuff is not something you'd stumble into during normal gameplay as far as I'm concerned. You have to actually know it's there and scratch your head as you set things up for it.

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Maybe you're executing murderers and rapists lol.

I wholeheartedly agree though. The tight requirements for some of the ways of life are a little ridiculous when there's no info. Anyone who played blind and wasn't aware of how many lifestyles there were...they'd be playing forever before getting that trophy. Some of that stuff is not something you'd stumble into during normal gameplay as far as I'm concerned. You have to actually know it's there and scratch your head as you set things up for it.

Your list that you linked here should be a godsend, though. If the Ways of Life are really tiered, it looks like you can set up a custom character with a particular Way of Life to avoid lower noise, and then just focus on the titles to get that next way of life. Painful, sure, but I don't see anything now that will make this plat less painful. 

Oh well - at least I am closing in on the All-Encompassing Way of Life, which is just a big pile of feces all around. Playing for 30 years is ridiculous in and of itself (even on Chaos, you can easily finish in 5).

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Your list that you linked here should be a godsend, though. If the Ways of Life are really tiered, it looks like you can set up a custom character with a particular Way of Life to avoid lower noise, and then just focus on the titles to get that next way of life. Painful, sure, but I don't see anything now that will make this plat less painful. 

Oh well - at least I am closing in on the All-Encompassing Way of Life, which is just a big pile of feces all around. Playing for 30 years is ridiculous in and of itself (even on Chaos, you can easily finish in 5).

I didn't set up any custom characters aside from the one trophy I think was related an ending. So again...I don't have any info regarding how those guys work regarding the tiers. One would assume that you are right though.

Nothing will make this game any less painful than it is lol. 10/10 pain. I got unnerved by it and I love the grinds these games give out.

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I didn't set up any custom characters aside from the one trophy I think was related an ending. So again...I don't have any info regarding how those guys work regarding the tiers. One would assume that you are right though.

Nothing will make this game any less painful than it is lol. 10/10 pain. I got unnerved by it and I love the grinds these games give out.

It's too bad, really. There are some nice things in this game. I really like the mercenary aspect of the Vagabond Units and the Free Officers. I enjoyed the assassination missions, that actually require stealth (although a few more level scenarios would have been nice). I like the idea that as you do a mission type over and over, you get more interesting missions of that type. 

But the trophies end up being the standard Japanese dreck of "Do every single trivial thing we've put into this game". Disappointing. Still, I enjoy the game. It might be my favorite Empires title among the ones I've played (which, I think, are all of the DW ones, and one of the SW ones).

• Like 1

I have made over 250+ Created characters for DW8:E btw. (Register switch)

From all factions and some original groups including banners, soldiers and mounts for most.(Including Naman, Gongsung,Yuan, Ma, Liu Biao, Yellow Turbans. Dong Zhuo, and others)

Aside from ROTK/DW characters I've made Mortal Kombat, Southpark, Dragon Age Inquisition, groups.

These are well made CAWS that I spend time on. They really breathe life into the game. 

Anyone who's interested please add me up and I'll upload whatever you want since you can only upload 3 groups of 10 characters at a time.

Edited by Macabro
Content

15 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

I think so, as there are no release dates when I googled it for NA, soo I guess it only released in japan

Japanese release only so Imported it lmao. They also have ot for the PS3 HD but again also Japanese

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Shin-Sangoku-Musou-Dynasty-Warriors-PS3-Japan-MULTI-RAID-2-HD-Version-/401324824986?hash=item5d70d2d99a%3Ag%3AKbAAAOxyTMhSCzL7&_trkparms=pageci%3A65824036-8916-11e7-bb28-74dbd180e7fa%7Cparentrq%3A163a9f9c15e0a88bc6555f72fffff5c0%7Ciid%3A2

38 minutes ago, syumisan said:

This is a great question to ask by the kings themselves

Well since im a Lu Bu fan, thats super easy lol, one of his endings in dw5, the one where he returns to diao chan with a bunch of arrows in his back...so sad, also zhuge liangs deaths in multiple games tend to be quite sad, but if its gameplay wise....idk long ass battles on chaos mode on dw empires are pretty memorable to me lol
oh also all of fan castle on dw 5 xD

Edited by The__High_Ground
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

Well since im a Lu Bu fan, thats super easy lol, one of his endings in dw5, the one where he returns to diao chan with a bunch of arrows in his back...so sad, also zhuge liangs deaths in multiple games tend to be quite sad, but if its gameplay wise....idk long ass battles on chaos mode on dw empires are pretty memorable to me lol
oh also all of fan castle on dw 5 xD

Lol That made me sad when he fell to the ground and you see all the arrows in his back. I honestly thought he made it. T.T

6 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Lol That made me sad when he fell to the ground and you see all the arrows in his back. I honestly thought he made it. T.T

SAME!!! I was like yes!!! I SAVED LU BU...idk when I was little I felt like I could change history and save him, I knew I couldnt but I somehow felt I had the power to if only I tried hard enough lol

19 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

SAME!!! I was like yes!!! I SAVED LU BU...idk when I was little I felt like I could change history and save him, I knew I couldnt but I somehow felt I had the power to if only I tried hard enough lol

YESYESYEYSHSEBSJ I FELT THE SAME WAY. When he fell, I almost cried T.T. I was like yay Diao Chan can spend her life with him buuuuut nooooo

The Warriors games are my longest lasting addiction when it comes to console gaming; DW3 was the first game I bought when I picked up a PS2 (the first console I'd gotten since my NES back in the 3rd grade.)

I don't quite have the OP's collection, though I do have a couple that they don't (all numbers are from the Japanese versions):

Dynasty Warriors: 1, 2, 2X, 3, 3X, 3E, 5, 5E, 6, 6X, 6E, 7, 7X

Samurai Warriors: 1, 1X, 2, 2X, 2E, 2HD, 3Z, 3E, 4, 4-2

Orochi series: Z, 2, 2U

Samurai Warriors 2 is probably my favorite of all of the games (or at least the one that I have the fondest memories of).

I've never played any other of the Warriors series, mainly because I'm not really that into the properties they're based on. I'm thinking of picking up the PS4 version of Bladestorm, though.

I'm working to plat the remaining game I have, though its a struggle. At some point they decided that rather than making things challenging they'd just force you to spend 50 hours grinding instead.

6 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

The Warriors games are my longest lasting addiction when it comes to console gaming; DW3 was the first game I bought when I picked up a PS2 (the first console I'd gotten since my NES back in the 3rd grade.)

Welcome to this thread! THE MORE THE MERRIER. Hope you like your time here :) ♡♡♡♡♡

6 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

I don't quite have the OP's collection, though I do have a couple that they don't (all numbers are from the Japanese versions):

Orochi: Z,2,2U

Hahaha nice collection you get there :P

I am meaning to get Samurai Warriors 2 HD, waiting for good price :P, and O.O How can I forget Warriors Orochi Z lmao I actually have that :P

Here are the pictures of some of the games I own by Koei. Hope you guys like it!

http://imgur.com/BUfvzEO
http://imgur.com/MKXXf1L
http://imgur.com/TwzQgtj
http://imgur.com/r37YbsI
http://imgur.com/6LiGysm
http://imgur.com/opB5OKS
http://imgur.com/MLrp72C
http://imgur.com/RpDbnRI
http://imgur.com/AiD8Slk
http://imgur.com/96re0z5

You know how Psn has those really good flash sales every month, I know this is very unlikely but, imagine how sweet it would be for a koei flash sale, because I'd totally pick up a lot of the games I don't own :D like, I don't have the berserk game for example, or sw4-II, sw spirit of sanada, and so on 

6 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

You know how Psn has those really good flash sales every month, I know this is very unlikely but, imagine how sweet it would be for a koei flash sale, because I'd totally pick up a lot of the games I don't own :D like, I don't have the berserk game for example, or sw4-II, sw spirit of sanada, and so on 

Koei has been awful about putting any of the digital products on sale in the West. I was pretty disappointed at the lackluster discount on RTK and Nobunaga's Ambition for the PS4 (although I did give in and purchased DW8: Empires).

12 hours ago, cckerberos said:

Orochi series: Z, 2, 2U

Wow - I had no idea there was a 2X and a 3E. 

By the way, I didn't mention this earlier, but if we also include the SW series, my favorite title is SW2 for the PS2. In fact, I would say that one is my favorite by far.

1 hour ago, syumisan said:

I am seriously searching for these games, so far they do not pop up, I will keep looking, till then it might be fishy

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Koei has been awful about putting any of the digital products on sale in the West. I was pretty disappointed at the lackluster discount on RTK and Nobunaga's Ambition for the PS4 (although I did give in and purchased DW8: Empires).

Wow - I had no idea there was a 2X and a 3E. 

By the way, I didn't mention this earlier, but if we also include the SW series, my favorite title is SW2 for the PS2. In fact, I would say that one is my favorite by far.

I think you guys misunderstood, he said he played the japanese versions and is using the japanese number, so that means 2X means 3X and 3E means 4E

18 hours ago, cckerberos said:

see he said that

Bunch of silly gooses
see this is why Im the high ground :D

Roses are red, cloaks are brown, its over anakin, I have the high ground!! <3 

but seriously I need to play spirit of sanada because that game interests me so much :'( 
...I wanted that to merge with my last post, but it didnt lmao

12 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

I think you guys misunderstood, he said he played the japanese versions and is using the japanese number, so that means 2X means 3X and 3E means 4E

see he said that

Hahaha sorry about that, because there were re releases on PSP so I thought I it was other games I missed O.o My bad :P

YES PLAY SW:SOS its sooo awesome :)

• Like 1