The Love For Dynasty Warriors

syumisan

8 minutes ago, juwaker230 said:

i thought the same thing! she looked cool as hell with it. lu bu couldnt pull it off haha

YES YES I AGREE. Or they could've gicen her a bow like they did in Dynasty Tactics 2, would've been awesome :)

lmao page 8 guys ._______.

Edited by syumisan

23 minutes ago, syumisan said:

I HATED LU BU WITH THAT WEAPON IN DW6 :(

Jeez. I messed up bad on that post I'll fix it, I blame my phone lol. Yeah honestly I hated most of the changes of dw6 but the what ifs were amazing in it like Lu bu's. 

Though I did like some changes like Zhang liaos weapons. 

12 hours ago, syumisan said:

Unfortunately they already gave out all the characters and none are from Warriors Orochi. Here is the complete list. It can be possible for more but who knows.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Warriors_All-Stars_Characters

Forever disappointed that they chose Sophie and Platcha to represent the atelier series.

Also, this page is gold from that site you posted: 

http://www.san.paulguo.com/?id=223

Edited by Lucky

11 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

we just need Cow Cow to be his double..imagine a literal cow talking about his ambition 

LOL. I always got a kick out of the mispronounced words. Still, I blame the Pinyin over the localization (the Pinyin is arguably the worst Romanization of a language I've ever seen).

Anyway, because it was asked elsewhere, my favorite DW game is probably DW4. The branching storylines were great. An honorable mention goes to DW8:XL - the ultimate difficulty, and the missions were pretty fun, and I liked the historical/hypothetical breaks (which, unsurprisingly, took their cue from DW4).

18 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It was a monumental pain in the ass. I was using gamefaqs, xbox sites, specific sites like this one, and whatever vids on youtube I thought would help. 

For some reason some of the lifestyles just refused to trigger the way I needed them to. Something about other things going on or that were done causing them to change into a different lifestyle path I think.

I hate to use the thread for this, but I gotta.

Since you are in the know, if I see a Way of Life, and save the game, is that Way of life forever stored in the system, or do I actually need to beat the game?

18 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hate to use the thread for this, but I gotta.

Since you are in the know, if I see a Way of Life, and save the game, is that Way of life forever stored in the system, or do I actually need to beat the game?

This question had me worried because I don't remember too much about the intricacies of the trophies, but I did find this so I'm hoping like hell it helps you.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a198093/many-ways-to-live-achievement

^This was one of the more helpful links I remember using now that I'm reading through it again. 

Also, looking at my trophy screenshots the platinum popped seemingly mid game so as long as you save to your system as the link above will specify you should be good.

EDIT:

Since it's a thread for the love of the series I think it's appropriate that we help each other out. :P 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This question had me worried because I don't remember too much about the intricacies of the trophies, but I did find this so I'm hoping like hell it helps you.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a198093/many-ways-to-live-achievement

^This was one of the more helpful links I remember using now that I'm reading through it again. 

Also, looking at my trophy screenshots the platinum popped seemingly mid game so as long as you save to your system as the link above will specify you should be good.

EDIT:

Since it's a thread for the love of the series I think it's appropriate that we help each other out. :P 

This is good, because a lot of the ways of life are immediately attached to particular officers, so if I can just save with that officer, that might knock it out. For example, Cao Cao is Hero of Chaos, so playing as Cao Cao and saving should set up that way of life.  I'm sure Liu Bei is King of Hanzhong at some point, etc., which will knock out a lot of the nonsense. Obviously, something like All-Encompassing will be a pain (though I should be close in my playthrough - thankfully, I've been trying to get all available titles on one character).

Also, it's great to know that the ways of life are in fact able to be checked. This is a great link - thanks!

If it works, I think I might try to gather all of this together in a trophy guide, finally.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

This is good, because a lot of the ways of life are immediately attached to particular officers, so if I can just save with that officer, I should be good. For example, Cao Cao is Hero of Chaos, so playing as Cao Cao and saving should set up that way of life.  I'm sure Liu Bei is King of Hanzhong at some point, etc., which will knock out a lot of the nonsense. Obviously, something like All-Encompassing will be a pain (though I should be close in my playthrough - thankfully, I've been trying to get all available titles on one character).

If it works, I think I might try to gather all of this together in a trophy guide, finally.

I wish I remembered more of the game other than it being annoying without a definitive guide. Hero Of Chaos does have its own requirements,

Hero of Chaos - Have 15 or more regions under your control (World Conqueror), conquer 5 regions within 1 year (Lightning Fast), fight with 2 other kingdoms simultaneously (Iron Fist), successfully recruit others 5 times (Keen Eye), achieve both Virtue above 3000 and below -3000 (Two-Faced), and have 99,999 or more troops (Endless Numbers)

so I'm not entirely sure just starting out with Cao Cao is enough. I do remember that for this one in particular the Virtue aspect was annoying.

A solid guide would be a godsend for anyone who wanted to start this game though. 

Do not worry, that's what this thread is about! YES HELP EACH OTHER OUT YES. I LOVE ALL THIS :)

Edit: Was the thread put in the right section? I mean DW and SW and everything else is EVERYWHERE  LOL

13 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

Jeez. I messed up bad on that post I'll fix it, I blame my phone lol. Yeah honestly I hated most of the changes of dw6 but the what ifs were amazing in it like Lu bu's. 

Though I did like some changes like Zhang liaos weapons. 

Yes Zhang Liao weapon change is one I liked as well. You see his full potential instead with a spear. :)

Edited by syumisan

51 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Yes Zhang Liao weapon change is one I liked as well. You see his full potential instead with a spear. :)

Also surprisingly I really liked Meng Huos giant ass pillar lol!! 

But I hated hated hated how everyone was clones of each other 

like even people on dw5, people who had the same weapon...for example the naginata..Guan Yu and Zhang Liao had the same weapon but wayyy different moveset lol

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I wish I remembered more of the game other than it being annoying without a definitive guide. Hero Of Chaos does have its own requirements,

so I'm not entirely sure just starting out with Cao Cao is enough. I do remember that for this one in particular the Virtue aspect was annoying.

A solid guide would be a godsend for anyone who wanted to start this game though. 

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

This is good, because a lot of the ways of life are immediately attached to particular officers, so if I can just save with that officer, that might knock it out. For example, Cao Cao is Hero of Chaos, so playing as Cao Cao and saving should set up that way of life.  I'm sure Liu Bei is King of Hanzhong at some point, etc., which will knock out a lot of the nonsense. Obviously, something like All-Encompassing will be a pain (though I should be close in my playthrough - thankfully, I've been trying to get all available titles on one character).

Also, it's great to know that the ways of life are in fact able to be checked. This is a great link - thanks!

Also I'm not sure starting out as them counts as unlocking it.. The way it works (which I'm almost sure of) you need to unlock it

you will know which ones you unlocked by creating a character 

you know how you can give them ways of life?? THATS how you know which ones you have unlocked and yes saving works. You can save exit and do another way of life. 

Edited by The__High_Ground

8 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

Also surprisingly I really liked Meng Huos giant ass pillar lol!! 

But I hated hated hated how everyone was clones of each other 

like even people on dw5, people who had the same weapon...for example the naginata..Guan Yu and Zhang Liao had the same weapon but wayyy different moveset lol

YES I HATED DW6 WAS A CLONE OF EACH OTHER. UGHHHHHHH. Only difference was the Musou they used -_-

But yes! They were different movesets :) I missed that till DW7 they added TWO weapons :P

P.S What I also hated in DW7 you bought the stronger weapons instead of unlocking them traditionally -_-

Edited by syumisan

lol every time I think of DW6 I think of how absolutely OP Sun Shang Xiang was.

I really wish they'd give Gan Ning his damn sword back. I feel like they thought his special, when used right, was too OP because you could sometimes drag an officer and take chunks and chunks of the health bar off.

I know it's not likely, at least for the US, but I hope DW9 has some sort of Steelbook edition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

My dang sister was annoying with her cause of the bow lmao. Especially on a challenge in challenge mode made it impossible to beat her score xD

I really wish they'd give Gan Ning his damn sword back. I feel like they thought his special, when used right, was too OP because you could sometimes drag an officer and take chunks and chunks of the health bar off.

YES I USED TO BE BRUTAL IN DW4 BECAUSE OF IT LOL

I know it's not likely, at least for the US, but I hope DW9 has some sort of Steelbook edition. 

I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR A LEGIT REAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION I SWEAR ON EVERYTHING I WANT ONE

• Like 1

ahhh gives me an idea, favorite voice actors in the english version? You dont need to name the actor just character lol
Id say mine is def Lu Bu DW5 and up
also really liked DW5 Guan Yu....and Zhang Liaos lol I think its been the same, cant really remember xD 

4 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

ahhh gives me an idea, favorite voice actors in the english version? You dont need to name the actor just character lol
also really liked DW5 Guan Yu....and Zhang Liaos lol I think its been the same, cant really remember xD 

OMG I MISS THE ENGLISH VOICES OMG. 

On Question

1. Ma Chao DW3

2. Ma Chao DW4

3. Ma Chao DW5

4. Gan Ning DW4

5. Zhang He DW4

6. Sun Ce DW4

7. Sun Jian DW4

:P Everyone!!!!!

Edited by syumisan

1 minute ago, The__High_Ground said:

Ohh tough. I think Zhuge Liang is one of my favorites. This scene still gets me lol.

It's been so long that I wouldn't really remember much of the voices and which games they were attached to. Generally I like Xiahou Dun, Cao Cao, and Sun Jian's voice acting though.

Ohh tough. I think Zhuge Liang is one of my favorites. This scene still gets me lol.

It's been so long that I wouldn't really remember much of the voices and which games they were attached to. Generally I like Xiahou Dun, Cao Cao, and Sun Jian's voice acting though.

side note, Yue Ying is so beautiful lol also thats a beautiful scene :D<3 

4 minutes ago, The__High_Ground said:

Shirtless, tatted gan ning was always the best lmao and I love the little noise it made in all the entrances in that game, it stuck with me...Im not much of a Wu fan, but I LOVE GAN NING 

MAN I MISS THAT GAN NING. He was and still is funny to me lol. Even when he messes around with Ling Tong lol

Edited by syumisan