My new Youtube channel (Cronocyde)

cronocyde

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’ve watched a number of your videos and I certainly appreciate the enthusiasm. You definitely show a passion for playing video games. 

But I hope you don’t mind me saying this and it’s okay if you ignore it or don’t bother replying. I have some criticisms that I want to say. 

My biggest concern is whether you are going to upload anything in regards to podcasts or showing off a “100 Platinums” type of video. 

Something more akin to what Stay Pationt did on YouTube would be quite nice. He gave out a lot of helpful tips and advice in regards to trophy hunting. So it wasn’t just another series of Lets Plays. 

Corndog698 has a few podcasts where he interviewed top trophy hunters like Hakoom and MrUnknown625. I found these to be very interesting since the discussion was revolved around video games and trophy hunting and how these people viewed it as. 

CARLOHAS, whom I don’t personally like much has a couple interesting videos in how he looks at trophy hunting. He had a “Trophy Illuminati” series where he interviewed other trophy hunters. Sad they got taken down. 

KingSuperOne and Rustic trophies sson review others trophy lists. If only because they are the only two people on YouTube who do this on a regular basis. 

A few other channels cover the persons latest platinum, I always like hearing what others have to say on a particular game. ZZTV123 (PSN NCSfan001) has some good videos on games he’s platinumed. It would be nice if more people uploaded that kind of material onto YouTube. 

I apologize if I’m being critical. I’m just being honest. I always appreciate a trophy hunter making videos. But Let’s Plays are very much a dime of dozen these days. Even live streams don’t seem to be as engaging as they were years ago.

First of all, thank you for writing all of that! This is quite awesome and there's very good ideas! I appreciate that very much ?

The main reason why I do only let's play for now and don't talk much in terms of trophy is the lack of time I have right now. I record 2-3 hours a week and I edit stuff to produce around 3-4 videos per week, which is actually quite a lot. For example, my "Top 10 Playstation games of All Time" took around 2-3 hours of shooting and 2 hours of editing, which is enormous for me.

This is the main reason why I don't produce trophy guides, otherwise I would be all over it. Producing a trophy guide AND videos to go along with it is quite the task and I don't have time to do that right now. Right now, I'm just trying to build a small community around my Youtube channel, interact with people and build the channel from there. The goal is not to become famous or anything like that, it's just to have fun with it. This is why I chose to produce let's play with the best commentary possible (at least for me). This is more of a personality channel, this is why my face is all around the place!

After some research with the channels you gave me, I keep two things that I haven't thought about yet:

1) I have a friend that is into trophy hunting too and we live close together. He's interested in doing a weekly podcast to talk about what we're hunting for the week and what are the new trophy list for the week. We might build around that too, so that's an awesome idea, thank you for that man! I might also do something solo, just a 10 to 20 minutes monologue talking about what I've played for the week or month and talk about the latest trophy list and trophy in general. I'll think about it ?

2) I might show off my 100 platinums in a video quite soon actually. This would be a 300 subscribers special episode, a little bit like my first Q&A (for the 100 subs) and the Top 10 Playstation Games of All Time (for the 200 subs). Do you have an idea for the format? I thought about 10 seconds per game with the platinum difficulty, personal rating and info about the game with a static image to go along with it. Let me know what you think about it.

Again, I appreciate the time and effort you put into this post. I take all ideas very seriously and work around it!

Stay awesome! ?

cronocyde

Hey bud, every time you update this post I usually click on the latest video but I'm not a let's play fan so I'm not gonna subscribe or anything; I do have one critique and I hope you don't take offense to it.  You gotta take that light that shines directly on your scalp and either dim it or turn it off.  The shine from your forehead is very distracting and maybe it's just me but idk.

I've been on YouTube for a while now and I can say that you are on a good path, keep doing what you do and the subscribers will come!  Hit me up if you wanna play some rocket league sometime :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, I think  I was pretty average at best, lol, but hey, always room for improvement :)

Not a problem, it's only for fun buddy! ?

6 minutes ago, Muskratateer said:

Hey bud, every time you update this post I usually click on the latest video but I'm not a let's play fan so I'm not gonna subscribe or anything; I do have one critique and I hope you don't take offense to it.  You gotta take that light that shines directly on your scalp and either dim it or turn it off.  The shine from your forehead is very distracting and maybe it's just me but idk.

I've been on YouTube for a while now and I can say that you are on a good path, keep doing what you do and the subscribers will come!  Hit me up if you wanna play some rocket league sometime :)

Yeah, I noticed that too about the light, but I cannot do anything about it. This is a permanent office light, so I cannot remove it. If I turn it off, everything is too dark, so there's no easy solution for now in the current setup ? It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of hairs too ?

Let me know what your Youtube channel is, I would love to take a look.

Thank you for your feedback man, I will try something else with the lights.

3 minutes ago, Cyanpower said:

Not a problem, it's only for fun buddy! 1f600.png

Yeah, I noticed that too about the light, but I cannot do anything about it. This is a permanent office light, so I cannot remove it. If I turn it off, everything is too dark, so there's no easy solution for now in the current setup 1f612.png It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of hairs too 1f61d.png

Let me know what your Youtube channel is, I would love to take a look.

Thank you for your feedback man, I will try something else with the lights.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jarshsopinion

• Like 1

Another day, another video of Rocket League! Does the win streak is still alive? Let's find out!

Do you like this type of content? Do you have a special suggestion for the new game you want to see on the channel? Let me know! :-)

As always, thank you for your support! :-)

5 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

One of the better YT channels, so I congratulate you!  Easy to listen to, nice selection of games.  As others have mentioned, lighting needs to be tweaked.  What games are you thinking of streaming in the near future?

Thanks a lot buddy, I appreciate that! I would not call it the better YT channels as there's a lot of good creators out there, but I appreciate the compliment! ?

I will try to tweak the lighting on my next recording session, will see how it goes.

For the next live stream, I might stream a little bit of Rocket League. I did a poll on twitter and the results were:

https://twitter.com/cronocyde/status/935543264589025285

Do you have any ideas what would be good for a live stream? I'm searching for good games for live streaming and I always end up short...

Thanks! ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cyanpower said:

Do you have any ideas what would be good for a live stream? I'm searching for good games for live streaming and I always end up short...

Thanks! ?

Well, without buying anything, it would be interesting to see some Puppeteer, Driveclub and Color Guardians.  Are you planning on purchasing any new games to stream?

• Like 1

Just now, Lorajet said:

Well, without buying anything, it would be interesting to see some Puppeteer, Driveclub and Color Guardians.  Are you planning on purchasing any new games to stream?

You mean by looking only at my trophy list?

Puppeteer is so obscure I would probably get 3 views lol

Driveclub would be pretty good, but it's hard to drive and read the chat ?

Color Guardians I already platinumed that and have no intention to go back to it.

I'm down to buy something, no problem with that my friend. What would you like to see?

Just now, Lorajet said:

Cool.  I didn't know if you had these games hidden away and didn't post them 1f600.png  Let me see what is out there and I'll check back in.

Thanks a lot buddy, I appreciate that!

I have Rise of The Tomb Raider ready to boot up too, do you think it would be nice on a live stream?

Are you a big watcher of live stream like on Twitch or Youtube?

Thanks! :-)

Oh, man, I was going to ask for Rise of the Tomb Raider but didn't know if you were interested ?  Live stream would be great (or not)!

Both, Twitch and Youtube.  The only thing that gets me on Twitch is when someone fails at the same point in the game for an hour.  Then I may wander off. ?  

I'm subscribing!

• Like 1

Just now, Lorajet said:

Oh, man, I was going to ask for Rise of the Tomb Raider but didn't know if you were interested ?  Live stream would be great (or not)!

Both, Twitch and Youtube.  The only thing that gets me on Twitch is when someone fails at the same point in the game for an hour.  Then I may wander off. ?  

I'm subscribing!

Awesome man!

Keep an eye on the channel, I might be doing a live stream this week of Rocket League if you're interested. The next one will be Rise of The Tomb Raider for sure! ?

Thanks for the support my friend! ?

• Like 1

The second and last episode of UFC 3 Beta is on my channel! We're trying Conor Mcgregor and Tony Ferguson! :-)

This game is great in my opinion. Yes, the ground game is not as exciting as the stand-up game, but still pretty impressive.

As always, thank you for your support! :-)

On 06/09/2017 at 7:36 PM, Cyanpower said:

(If it don't belong here, don't hesitate to contact me or move it where it belong)

Hey guys, I need some feedback on my channel. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_XbYLLGC7KdTRqG268F_A

I don't want you to subscribe or like or comment (if you feel like it, please do so though!) or any of that jazz. I just want some feedback on the quality, commentary (excuse my french accent, it will go away after a couple of videos, I swear!).

If you feel like it, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Ive subbed to you, im a youtuber and google + user as well. My youtube/G+ is Luxi Shoghi & my second account it exoticbeautyluxii ^^