Tips for unlocking Arc de Triomphe

Bartolomeus

Hey guys, I'm really struggling with unlocking Arc de Triomphe - have 15.000 elementary school children at once.

My largest city's got about 105k citizens and less than 5k elementary students. I tried to raise the taxes to get people to move out and after lowering the tax rates again new people moved in quickly enough. However, I was never able to get more than about 9k elm. students at the same time. Besides, due to me doing a poor job early on I do not have much space left to expand the city without having to rework the whole road layout.

Is my problem simply that my city has got too few citizens and that the above-mentioned trick will work it I have 150k-200k citizens, or are there any other tricks to unlock this building? I was never close during normal play.

I don't know if its a fixed amount, but it seems that children usually only make up 8% of your city's population. This means you'll need a very large city to unlock it. I didn't get 15k children until my city was at a population of around 190k or so. For the record, 190,000 x  8% = 15,200.

After all was said and done, it looked like nearly 50% of all my zones were residential. When I needed more, I tore down abandoned/burned down buildings no matter where they were and replaced them with residential. While a bit random, make sure you use high density residential. I've seen some of these have as many as 18 children in one building, others with none. I also did have the Medical Center and Eden Project monuments built, which gave the city maximum land value and citizen happiness of more than 90%.

• Like 1

If you want a small city but still get arc de triomphe, check the city-info on population and bulldoze all blue / gray houses while leaving the green ones alone. An annoying thing about this game is that cities tend to be filled with seniors, taking up the slot for anyone else. In small cities it's better to bulldoze than to max taxes.

Otherwise, make a 200K city with no high density green, then at 200K max taxes and watch it drop to 130K, normalize the taxes and watch the city re-grow. This will attract a large amount of families. This was the method I went for since the first named method was too boring. reason being that the PS4 version doesn't allow you to use both city-info and bulldoze simultaneously.

• Like 1

It worked splendidly. Reached 190k, the majority living in high residential although I had several large areas of low density residential as well.

I) Maxed both residential taxes

II) Made sure I had enough elementary schools to pull it off.

III) Waited until the population dropped to around 120k, then set the tax rates at 12%.

IV) Waited until the schools filled up.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...

I 'm having a problem to unlocking Arc The Triomphe too. The stats show I have 12k of students in elementary school, but when I look at the page that shows the requirements to unlock it, it shows less than 12k, sometimes even 0 (zero) students. This started to happen after I bought the Hadron Collider Monument...

What am I doing wrong?

22 minutes ago, rodengsm said:

I 'm having a problem to unlocking Arc The Triomphe too. The stats show I have 12k of students in elementary school, but when I look at the page that shows the requirements to unlock it, it shows less than 12k, sometimes even 0 (zero) students. This started to happen after I bought the Hadron Collider Monument...

What am I doing wrong?

Turn off or sale the Hadron Collider you can not have it for the stats to count for the unlock 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ;-)

I've just done it like that :

- 120k citizens and pause the game

- Turn off the Hadron Collider (if u have it ^^)

- Build and turn OFF up to 50 elementary school to full cover residential zones

- Set up residents taxes (low & high density) to the MAX

- Run the game

- Let the population go down to 30k approx.

- Pause the game

- Set up all residents taxes to 1%

- Turn ON all the elementary schools

- Apply the " boost education " policy

- Set education budget to 150%

- Run the game

- Wait less than 5 minutes to reach more than 15k kids at schools ;-)

• Like 1