More Info on Infamous: Second Son

Chambers35

InfamousSS610.jpg

In the wake of the Second Son reveal, Sucker Punch producer Brian Fleming took to the PlayStation blog to give us a clearer understanding of what the game has to offer.

Rather than regurgitate the information, we'll just post what Fleming had to say:

"Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of the passengers he pulled from the wreckage?

"Setting the scene: It’s been seven years since the Cole McGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet – and decides he’s not going to go quietly.

"Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Ben Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

"As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way. Of course, we are creating all these characters and locations at a remarkable level of detail – made possible by PS4. In fact, this trailer was produced in-house using our game engine – can you tell we’re having fun with the new GPU, tools, and our new VFX system?"

Source

And just in case you haven't seen it yet, here's the announcement trailer http://psnprofiles.c...ounced-for-ps4/

Edited by Chambers35
  • Like 1

InfamousSS610.jpg

In the wake of the Second Son reveal, Sucker Punch producer Brian Fleming took to the PlayStation blog to give us a clearer understanding of what the game has to offer.

Rather than regurgitate the information, we'll just post what Fleming had to say:

"Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of the passengers he pulled from the wreckage?

"Setting the scene: It’s been seven years since the Cole McGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet – and decides he’s not going to go quietly.

"Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Ben Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

"As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way. Of course, we are creating all these characters and locations at a remarkable level of detail – made possible by PS4. In fact, this trailer was produced in-house using our game engine – can you tell we’re having fun with the new GPU, tools, and our new VFX system?"

Source

And just in case you haven't seen it yet, here's the announcement trailer http://psnprofiles.c...ounced-for-ps4/

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this game....as mentioned, this is my second most anticipated game.

Dude, this needs to be contained in the original thread about this game. There's no need to be creating multiple threads about the same shit; It'll just turn into a bunch of clutter and pointless junk.

Same goes for DanielVT. Mr. +9 threads on ONE thing :P

Nah it's okay as it is :D

It might be clutter but it's not pointless junk, not to people who're excited anyway.

Unlike your post which is just a complaint and has nothing to do with the topic :P

After nixxing some serious PS 3 backlog and such, this will be one of my first batch of PS 4 games to get. To be honest I think Infamous is improving each time. Hell even the Download content for Infamous 2 Festival of Blood was fun and so full of win. So yeah bring on this game and a new story line to explore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i am getting a ps4 when the price drops a bit, plus to avoid any technical issues of the first models at launch like any other consoles out there, or maybe get lucky and have it for a special price like when i bought my ps3 back in early 2010 and maybe i'll buy second son to be my first ps4 game, just like the ps3, when i bought it killzone2 came with it for free but the first ps3 game i ever bought with my money was infamous 1 :)

but i was wondering why it called second son?

is delsin related to cole somehow?

I really hope this game strives to be more than infamous, not just another infamous.

i don't know what did you mean by that, any game should stay in the same taste and feels as the one before it and just have more feature / better graphics / story and a bit improved controlls and AI, infamous should stay infamous.. i don't wants it to turn in to a FPS or something worse, i mean remember how the classic resident evil games was?

they were kinda so original and more of a true survival horror games and now look what especially RE6 is became.... capcom them self announce it as an action 3rd person shooter.  

but i was wondering why it called second son?

is delsin related to cole somehow?

I am intrigued by that too :D I believe is an intended pun to the First Sons from inFamous 1, but we still have to know if there is any other relation belsides the name.