PSN connection woes

cris3f

Is anyone else having terrible issues connecting to PSN? Since they made the overall changes to PSN and introduced the new firmware for PS4, PSN has been below shit level for me. We have a PS3 and 2 Vitas, and either no console is able to connect, or one or 2 of the Vitas are is not the PS3. Sometimes they do connect after 10 or 20 attempts, usually only after repeatedly launching the trophies app.  Then I have PSN for 1 or 2 days, then no PSN for 2, 3 or 4. The wonderfully marvellous Sony support discarded their guilt for 2 weeks, then had no further excuses. It's do ridiculous that even while having no PSN games are able to detect updates and download them.

Just wanted to know if anyone eles is in the same boat.

found a ton of people complaining about the same issues on downtime sites precisely from the same dates.

I was gonna say if you know if your ISP change your IP and maybe that is a banned one but it seems you are able to get on but has rough connection. How is your home internet overall? Everyone always point fingers at Sony, but srsly check that ISP service.

3 minutes ago, Blissey said:

I was on PSN a bit ago. No issues. Sometimes my ISP likes to fuck with it some, but usually not.

Same here, I jumped on to just check what new games there were, loaded up fine for me the store did (not getting anything until tomorrow, so can't tell if download speed is quick or not).

2 hours ago, cris3f said:

Is anyone else having terrible issues connecting to PSN? Since they made the overall changes to PSN and introduced the new firmware for PS4, PSN has been below shit level for me. We have a PS3 and 2 Vitas, and either no console is able to connect, or one or 2 of the Vitas are is not the PS3. Sometimes they do connect after 10 or 20 attempts, usually only after repeatedly launching the trophies app.  Then I have PSN for 1 or 2 days, then no PSN for 2, 3 or 4. The wonderfully marvellous Sony support discarded their guilt for 2 weeks, then had no further excuses. It's do ridiculous that even while having no PSN games are able to detect updates and download them.

Just wanted to know if anyone eles is in the same boat.

found a ton of people complaining about the same issues on downtime sites precisely from the same dates.

I know this is troubleshooting 101 but have you tried to unplug your Modem and Router for 5 minutes or so? Could be an IP issue like @ERGOPROXY-DECAY mentioned. I have been playing on my Pro daily for about a month with no connection issues. Haven't tried my PS3 or Vita in about a year though.

Edited by skateak

It's impossible it's the ISP. I have absolutely no problems connecting elsewhere, and I use apps on the PC for my work that have some heavy usage with some weird ports needed. Also the tablet with Android always connects with both apps to PSN with no issue, same accessing Sony account and store website through the PC. All from the same router. And the IP being banned, how can it be banned for 2 days or so and then be back to not banned? And again? And again? It's the same ISP connection I've used for the past 3 years.

The switch on and off router doesn't work either. When it's not connecting nothing seems to work. Then next day it's working. Then it stops. Since the 4th or 5th of October it has been the same marvelous "party".

It's so ridiculous that even while I can't connect to PSN Minecraft says there's updates and downloads and install them. Alas I'm able to update any app on the Vita or PS3 with PSN telling me I can't connect. DC Universe Online, can't connect to PSN, but can download the 20GB+ file.

BTW I'm in Europe, all people I saw complaining in connection sites were european too.

Edited by cris3f

I have issues as well since the last few days.

My internet connection is really stable (120mbs/ sec download and 20mbs/sec upload ) with only my PS4 and my cellphone connected on it.

My modem/router are on order (i work for the internet provider so I confirm it is working well) 

And still since the last few days my PsStore is taking 5 to 7 minutes just to launch......

All the rest , working fine. So it really seems to be the PsStore for me.