Post the worst Halloween film you've seen

YemmytheFerret

Well Halloween has come and gone once again.  I was at the movie theater last night (Halloween) and ended up seeing happy death day.  It was pretty bad and it got me thinking of other horrible movies I've seen on Halloween or for Halloween.  One of the first that comes to mind is the Blair witch reboot from last year, just a jumbled mess of jump scares and crappy writing.  Jump scares are so cheap, just turn the music up to 11 and make something move fast, happy death day had way to many of these moments.  I'm a sucker for them because loud noises startle me so any movie/video game with them always gives me a jolt.  Obviously, it's not scary but ya know...  I also remember one Halloween my friends and I watched two movies that were just plain weird, one was called rubber about a sentient tire that could explode people's heads, it was just dumb really.  The other was one of my least favorite films ever called the human centipede, this movie lives in infamy really and will forever be connected to the nutcracker march in my mind because of my friends at the time.  He's gonna sew you ass to mouth.  

Wonderful stuff, obviously trolls 2 comes to mind and any of the leprechaun movies the.  But I want to know in this post Halloween post what your least favorite Halloween movies are.  

Halloween III, by far. Halloween II wasn't great, but at least Michael Myers played a role in it. In Halloween III? The enemy is some nebulous corporation run by Satanists or some nonsense, who hope to kill a bunch of kids by having them wear a mask during a particular TV commercial, which makes their heads spew out bugs or something.

I'm not even kidding about this.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

The thing is, terrible movie can be fun - like Troll 2 . Those are certainly bad, but they are great to watch and make fun of with friends.

The other type are the actual worst films, I think - the ones with a reasonable budget and nice, glossy filming, but are just completely bereft of fun or originality - Platinum Dunes movies come quickly to mind!

In that spirit, here are two lists of a few that come quickly to mind:

Bad horror movies that are totally great to watch (with friends!):

Nightmare on Elm Street 2, 4, 5 & 6 (1, 3 & 7 are all legit good)

The Blob (1985)

Maximum Overdrive

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

Creepshow

Reanimator

Monkeyshines

Lifeforce

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Bad Horror movies that are no fun at all and just turgid poop:

The Ring 2 (US Remake)

One Missed Call (US remake, and the crappy original! 2for1!)

The Amnityville Horror (the remake with Van Wilder in it)

The Grudge (US Remake)

Martyrs (US remake only - the original is actually one of the best Horror movies I’ve ever seen!)

Hostel

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Since it is fresh on my mind I submit The Fog. My wife and I watched it two days ago. (Full disclaimer: For some reason I thought it was The Mist, and could not understand why I had never noticed  the guy from Smallville in prior viewings of The Mist).

So basically it is kinda sorta the story line from the Garfield Halloween special, at least at the beginning of the movie. Sassy party boat peeps find old stuff from old ship wreck and then spook ghost come and push people a lot.  Oh and Maggie Grace makes out with a ghost so there's that.

22 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The thing is, terrible movie can be fun - like Troll 2 . Those are certainly bad, but they are great to watch and make fun of with friends.

The other type are the actual worst films, I think - the ones with a reasonable budget and nice, glossy filming, but are just completely bereft of fun or originality - Platinum Dunes movies come quickly to mind!

In that spirit, here are two lists of a few that come quickly to mind:

Bad horror movies that are totally great to watch (with friends!):

Nightmare on Elm Street 2, 4, 5 & 6 (1, 3 & 7 are all legit good)

The Blob (1985)

Maximum Overdrive

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

Creepshow

Reanimator

Monkeyshines

Lifeforce

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Bad Horror movies that are no fun at all and just turgid poop:

The Ring 2 (US Remake)

One Missed Call (US remake, and the crappy original! 2for1!)

The Amnityville Horror (the remake with Van Wilder in it)

The Grudge (US Remake)

Martyrs (US remake only - the original is actually one of the best Horror movies I’ve ever seen!)

Hostel

No, NO, NOOOOOO!!!

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude, the bugs in the head are so much fun! ;)

The funny thing is, I haven't seen that movie since I was 12 or so. When I typed the post, I couldn't believe what I was writing, so I looked on Wikipedia to see if that was really what it was about. Turns out...it was.

Oh, did I need a spoiler tag here? I know some people get bothered about that, and 30+ years is probably too short a time to expect that it's unnecessary.

On the plus side, the "Silver Shamrock" song was the intro song to many Helloween concerts, a band I liked back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Edited by starcrunch061

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

The funny thing is, I haven't seen that movie since I was 12 or so. When I typed the post, I couldn't believe what I was writing, so I looked on Wikipedia to see if that was really what it was about. Turns out...it was.

Oh, did I need a spoiler tag here? I know some people get bothered about that, and 30+ years is probably too short a time to expect that it's unnecessary.

On the plus side, the "Silver Shamrock" song was the intro song to many Helloween concerts, a band I liked back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Lol - don’t get me wrong, it is really really bad, but it falls in the fun-bad camp for me!

Wouldnt worry about spoilers, if there is any person out there who is so fragile that a spoiler for a very bad movie from 35 years ago would bother them, then they need to have a long, hard bath with themselves.