No Skill points after lvl 50?

PBJ85

Just wondering. 

I read that you won't get any skill points after you reached level 50. 

Im lvl 47 now and misses like 10 skill points to complete my skill tree. 

(im 50% on the main quests and did all collectebles and like 80% of all side quests.) 

Is it true you won't get Skill points after lvl 50?

(skill point as reward of completing missions, hunting grounds or side missions.) 

simple math will do the trick:

missing 10 SP (Skill points)

lvl47 to lvl 50 = 3SP

4 hunting grounds = 4SP (did one allready)

1 remaining Cauldron = 1SP 

2 missions = 2 SP

This will be needing for 10 SP.

I'm pretty sure that you just can't level up anymore past level 50, but I'm also pretty sure that other things besides those give skill points aswell, such as Tallneck discoveries and scans. I'm not too sure about anything else, but you should be able to find all your skill points needed through other activities too.

21 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I'm pretty sure that you just can't level up anymore past level 50, but I'm also pretty sure that other things besides those give skill points aswell, such as Tallneck discoveries and scans. I'm not too sure about anything else, but you should be able to find all your skill points needed through other activities too.

Not right now, but there is a trophy in the Frozen Wilds DLC that requires you to level up to Lv.60, so clearly you have to be able to ;) 

1 hour ago, ManaFear said:

1 hour ago, Soraking1991 said:

Not right now, but there is a trophy in the Frozen Wilds DLC that requires you to level up to Lv.60, so clearly you have to be able to ;) 

The level cap was removed in a patch, so now you can level up to whatever arbitrary number you want to. I think it was the NG+ patch that did this.

I can't remember whether you get skill points from it or not though.

You get awarded multiple skill points late on in the game, not sure what activity triggers it, looking back at my time stamps I got them for getting all the vantage points, but you’ve already done those, I did the vantage points after all the cauldrons so maybe they’ll trigger for you after you finish the cauldrons.

I got the trophy for all skills with 2 story missions still to do and before I got to level 50 so don’t worry about it, just finishing all the stuff needed for trophies will get you the extra skill points.

1 hour ago, richtayls said:

You get awarded multiple skill points late on in the game, not sure what activity triggers it, looking back at my time stamps I got them for getting all the vantage points, but you’ve already done those, I did the vantage points after all the cauldrons so maybe they’ll trigger for you after you finish the cauldrons.

I got the trophy for all skills with 2 story missions still to do and before I got to level 50 so don’t worry about it, just finishing all the stuff needed for trophies will get you the extra skill points.

I got 6 Skill points AFTER i got my last collecteble. 

I hope the level cap is raised for the main game when the DLC is released... 

I will keep playing the main missiond (and redmaw mission) for the Skill points... 

On 11/2/2017 at 3:32 AM, PBJ85 said:

I read that you won't get any skill points after you reached level 50. 

It's been a while since I got my Platinum, but I unlocked all skills and reached Level 50 while working on that, and still had 11 skill points available to spend when I went back to play The Frozen Wilds DLC on Tuesday, so you definitely continue to get skill points for completing activities even after you get to Level 50.

5 minutes ago, Swotam said:

It's been a while since I got my Platinum, but I unlocked all skills and reached Level 50 while working on that, and still had 11 skill points available to spend when I went back to play The Frozen Wilds DLC on Tuesday, so you definitely continue to get skill points for completing activities even after you get to Level 50.

same here I had 11 skill points when I returned as well and already unlocked all skills so don't worry ;)