Leveling seems easyer this time around

unsure if it's just me, and having played this game for well over 300 hours back in the day.. (Crost all 3 games)
 but does it seem alot easyer to level up? - i mean, Im just now hitting 2nd Arena match (Scripted) and im already caped Level - (50) 

my memory - makes me think I was barely  45 when i last beat the game then again I did get side tracked and farmed alot because i forgot to go check my mail to progress story 
but ya, Just seems like easy mode

It's definitely different. The game used to give less base exp, but way more rengeki exp. I'm leveling about the same as I was abusing rengeki exp, so it doesn't feel any different to me. But I guess if you aren't used to abusing rengeki, it'll be faster.

They made a decent amount of changes to the system. It sounds like they wanted to streamline all of the games into each other so that you could play them all in a row easily. Upping the EXP means less grinding and a better pace for people trying to play through them.

So here's all of the differences that I know of-

• The PS2 version sends you back to the title screen when you're defeated, but the HD version let's you retry the battle from the start. The battle difficulty is lowered slightly on each retry
  • Your attack power is increased in comparison to the original. You do more damage to enemies than the original, but enemies still do the same amount of damage to you.
  • General rebalances were applied to enemy HP and Charge Speed. 
  • Hit Stops during attacks are reduced and you can no longer get stuck in an operation.
  • You can use the same item consecutively.
  • Stun Gauges were added to enemies in Avatar Battles.
  • Skeith's shot bullet speed was increased.
  • The amount of damage to the Flight Gauge and Morale Gauge has been increased.
  • The amount of additional damage during Beast Awakenings has been increased.
  • The rate that weapon proficiency rises has been increased.
  • Status ailment probability was lowered for the player but you still have the same chance of inflicting ailments on enemies.
  • EXP has been boosted.
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...