MP Loadout

I only played through three or four days (matches) in online, so I'm still getting used to the game. Obviously I suck. But I was hoping to get some hints on which classes I should use or build that will make the game a lot easier. Also, how conservative should I be with my gears during the match? For example, if I use a loadout with a shotgun that I have to build with 400 gears, is the profit margin on parts worth crafting the shotgun? Maybe I'll figure this MP out eventually, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

25 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I only played through three or four days (matches) in online, so I'm still getting used to the game. Obviously I suck. But I was hoping to get some hints on which classes I should use or build that will make the game a lot easier. Also, how conservative should I be with my gears during the match? For example, if I use a loadout with a shotgun that I have to build with 400 gears, is the profit margin on parts worth crafting the shotgun? Maybe I'll figure this MP out eventually, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Last of Us's MP is full of decent players. every time someone suggests what loadout should he/she stick to i always recommend the Support loadout, its really the best loadout for newbies and it really gives you a decent amount of parts, usually...

but anyways you should try using easier weapons in the game like the Full-auto rifle and the semi-auto. those are your best bets for just getting started. after you've improved in the game you should try sometimes using the hunting rifle and the burst rifle, those are absolute killers if you master them.

6 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

The Last of Us's MP is full of decent players. every time someone suggests what loadout should he/she stick to i always recommend the Support loadout, its really the best loadout for newbies and it really gives you a decent amount of parts, usually...

but anyways you should try using easier weapons in the game like the Full-auto rifle and the semi-auto. those are your best bets for just getting started. after you've improved in the game you should try sometimes using the hunting rifle and the burst rifle, those are absolute killers if you master them.

I don't remember all the weapons/perks in that loadout off the top of my head, but I'll try it once I get home from work! What about a custom build once I get enough exp and upgrade points? Any particular weapons or perks that go well together?

Here is a couple guides that I used to help me get a handle on the MP (all aspects). 

This is for in general (basic loadout at the bottom, includes info about missions, etc)

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/596-the-last-of-us-multiplayer-missions-guide

This one (And the sister guide) are specifically for trying to get 5 kills on a map (the custom loadout at the bottom), but I found the loadout to be extremely helpful for figuring out how to play: 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1358-the-last-of-us-remastered-reclaimed-territories-dlc-trophy-guide

I eventually edited that loadout to have crafter 3 (to gift items all the time).

I also found Interrogation to be the best most mode.

Good luck in the MP! 

38 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I don't remember all the weapons/perks in that loadout off the top of my head, but I'll try it once I get home from work! What about a custom build once I get enough exp and upgrade points? Any particular weapons or perks that go well together?

once you've got enough Supplies for the weapons and boosters,

i recommend sticking with:

silenced semi auto (4 points), revolver (0 points) , covert training 2 (4 points), first aid training 1 (2 points), reviver 2 (3 points)this is the best balancing loadout between stealth, teamwork and for yourself. also the silenced semi auto makes it up you in almost all situations. 

if you're more of a rambo guy or you dont really like stealth and you like going just straight to the shooting is at then change covert to brawler 2 (3 points) and put marathon runner 1 (1 point)

Edited by SniperEliteDido

3 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

Full auto rifle sucks for new players, its the worst in the game? Coming from someone that can do good with the gun lol

Semi is definitely the best noob friendly tho

4 minutes ago, The High Ground said:

Full auto rifle sucks for new players, its the worst in the game? Coming from someone that can do good with the gun lol

Semi is definitely the best noob friendly tho

oh if you're doing good with a gun i would recommend the Variable rifle or the burst... the Burst requires Supplies to unlock and the variable is a DLC gun but you can use it via the pre-selected DLC loadout called "Suppression"

if you practice headshotting with the burst you'll be immortal. and the Variable in its 2nd upgrade is just so OP.

but again, i do recommend using the full auto at first so you can get the hang of aiming.

Edited by SniperEliteDido