PLEASE HELP ! Not A Hero - Prof - Final Boss Fight

EDIT: Got it now, thanks guys.  Ended up restarting, getting all antique coins for C scope which immensely helped.  With this, 7 RAMROD bullets, 6 grenades and 100+ shotgun ammo i did it on my third or fourth go! 

Spoilers!

Can someone please help? I'm super, super stuck.  Like I've tried 50-60 times and for 3-4 hours stuck.  Feel like a right n0000b, even the Joe Must Die difficulty seems easier than this fight. (0's = my decreasing will to live.)  Please no "gt gd" comments. 

Ammo Stock:  94 Shotgun Bullets, 51 Normal Pistol Bullets, 3 RAMROD Pistol Bullets, 4 Incendiary Grenades, 3 Neuro-Stun Grenades, 6 Med Injectors.   This is AFTER the boxes / sink in the arena has been looted, I managed to quickly loot everything before the autosave with a nice, varied ammo selection.  

In the very last fight of the "Not a Hero" DLC against Lucas, I can get through the 1st stage with relative ease.  I use a shotgun with Mod B for Power > Accuracy for headshots, and pistols to the heart when he's down. I May use 1-2 injectors and a couple of stun grenades, but I NEVER use RAMRODS or fire grenades.  

However, when I get to the 2nd stage (i.e. when your oxygen is depleting) I am bamboozled.    In any visual walkthroughs I've seen (all no commentary and no tips...) they take him down in 0-1 refills with a shotgun, RAMROD and fire grenade hits, but after 4-5 refills, he's still not down and I normally die due to a lack of medkits and getting trapped from refilling my oxygen.   A significant amount of light comes from his chest, but I swear it goes down after a while.  

I feel I'm doing something fundamentally wrong in this 2nd phase.  Can anyone let me know if I'm doing something wrong?  Does his health regenerate after time?  Am I f**ked because of 3 RAMROD bullets (seen some people with 5-6, but far less shotgun ammo than me). 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by phantomfear9494

34 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Spoilers!

Can someone please help? I'm super, super stuck.  Like I've tried 50-60 times and for 3-4 hours stuck.  Feel like a right n0000b, even the Joe Must Die difficulty seems easier than this fight. (0's = my decreasing will to live.)  Please no "gt gd" comments. 

Ammo Stock:  94 Shotgun Bullets, 51 Normal Pistol Bullets, 3 RAMROD Pistol Bullets, 4 Incendiary Grenades, 3 Neuro-Stun Grenades, 6 Med Injectors.   This is AFTER the boxes / sink in the arena has been looted, I managed to quickly loot everything before the autosave with a nice, varied ammo selection.  

In the very last fight of the "Not a Hero" DLC against Lucas, I can get through the 1st stage with relative ease.  I use a shotgun with Mod B for Power > Accuracy for headshots, and pistols to the heart when he's down. I May use 1-2 injectors and a couple of stun grenades, but I NEVER use RAMRODS or fire grenades.  

However, when I get to the 2nd stage (i.e. when your oxygen is depleting) I am bamboozled.    In any visual walkthroughs I've seen (all no commentary and no tips...) they take him down in 0-1 refills with a shotgun, RAMROD and fire grenade hits, but after 4-5 refills, he's still not down and I normally die due to a lack of medkits and getting trapped from refilling my oxygen.   A significant amount of light comes from his chest, but I swear it goes down after a while.  

I feel I'm doing something fundamentally wrong in this 2nd phase.  Can anyone let me know if I'm doing something wrong?  Does his health regenerate after time?  Am I f**ked because of 3 RAMROD bullets (seen some people with 5-6, but far less shotgun ammo than me). 

Thanks in advance! 

Hey mate, well the problem solves for you in the actual boss room fight. Try to take his first form fast and while he agonizes on top of the crate, room around the room to collect easy 12 shells. There's also tons of ammo in the breakable wooden boxes. 

I had no trouble with him with this strategy of mine. Stay hidden by the crates to avoid his dash attack and attack from distance. Whenever his inners exposes, blast with shotgun. 

Hopefully the video helps you, as you can see I didn't had the amount of ammo you had and I still bested him while having more then enough ammo left. 

Edited by Mah2c

I had no neuro grenades but my gf did and the boss was literally unable to attack for her entire fight. Just don't throw them when he is doing his first animations after getting down from the crates he climbs on. Then press the shotgun against his chest and blast away till he is able to move again.

I save the RAMROD for his head and when he climbs on the crates I pelt him with standard pistol rounds. When he hops down again RAMROD his head and blast his chest with shotgun rounds. If you run out of RAMROD (which you obviously will even if you had triple your ammo) just use the shotgun at point blank range. If he does go to attack you just hold block.

Just now, Mah2c said:

Hey mate, well the problem solves for you in the actual boss room fight. Try to take his first form fast and while he agonizes on top of the crate, room around the room to collect easy 12 shells. There's also tons of ammo in the breakable wooden boxes. 

I had no trouble with him with this strategy of mine. Stay hidden the crates to avoid his dash attack and attack from distance. Whenever his inners exposes, blast with shotgun. 

Thanks for the video.  I think part of my troubles is the RAMROD ammo, or lack of it.  You've got tonnes of it, I only have 3 bullets!   It also only gave me 2, not 4 as it did for you (and my friend) so I'm tempted to restart manual save (had a manual save in the room before it) to see if I get more lucky!   I know the ammo does vary in quantity.   My ammo count also includes the breakable boxes and the medical bin :(  

3 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Thanks for the video.  I think part of my troubles is the RAMROD ammo, or lack of it.  You've got tonnes of it, I only have 3 bullets!   It also only gave me 2, not 4 as it did for you (and my friend) so I'm tempted to restart manual save (had a manual save in the room before it) to see if I get more lucky!   I know the ammo does vary in quantity.   My ammo count also includes the breakable boxes and the medical bin :(  

The ammo is indeed random, just as drops from the wooden crates, regardless i'm pretty certain you can best him with the adequate strategy. 94 shotgun shells are more than enough. I used RAMROD ammo for the first phase and that was it, regular handgun and shotguns were my main damage output. 

By the way sorry for the previously incomplete message, had to edit it and you replied faster than my edit :P

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Spoilers!

Thanks in advance! 

I was in a similar situation... I had lots of regular handgun ammo, 1 full clip of ramrods, and 24 shotgun rounds and  would fight him until I ran out of ammo. Ultimately I had to just start over and be more careful with my shotgun and ramrod ammo. The second time I got back to him,  I had 3 neuro grenades, 4 fire grenades,  50ish handgun ammo, 16 ramrod rounds, and (after opening the crates in his area) just over 100 shotgun rounds. Right off the bat I blasted him with the shotgun until his chest opened up and then put as many ramrods in him as I could. Often that was enough to get to the second round; if not I would use the neuro grenades to stun him and the hit him with the shotgun some more. In the second round I hit him with the fire grenade and then put more ramrods in him until I was out. Then it was fire grenades and shotgun until he finally went down. Dont waste your time with neuro grenades in the second round or regular handgun ammo at all unless youre out of everything else. It still took me 30 - 40 tries and a few hours to kill him; he a tough sonofab!tch.

• Like 1

Special ammo doesnt matter. You have to shoot for his head untill he opens up his heart which is his weak spot. If you dont youre just wasting ammo. 

For his 2nd phase, same thing.

although i do wanna say that shooting his head with two ramrods is enough for him to open up his weak spot but its not required. Just makes it a bit easier. You need about 6 ramrods if you want to get to his 2nd phase rather quick.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

7 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Special ammo doesnt matter. You have to shoot for his head untill he opens up his heart which is his weak spot. If you dont youre just wasting ammo. 

For his 2nd phase, same thing.

although i do wanna say that shooting his head with two ramrods is enough for him to open up his weak spot but its not required. Just makes it a bit easier. You need about 6 ramrods if you want to get to his 2nd phase rather quick.

I kept saving my RAMRODS for the final stage.   If I can get a 4 ammo drop instead of 2, I'd have 5.  That's almost the 6 you refer to, so I'd be able to get to Stage 2 pretty quick! 

Thanks for the advice to everyone reading.    I can't try it until Saturday but I'll let people know if I can do it or if I'm too s**t 

9 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

I kept saving my RAMRODS for the final stage.   If I can get a 4 ammo drop instead of 2, I'd have 5.  That's almost the 6 you refer to, so I'd be able to get to Stage 2 pretty quick! 

Thanks for the advice to everyone reading.    I can't try it until Saturday but I'll let people know if I can do it or if I'm too s**t 

Dont worry too much about it if you dont have enough ramrods. You can easily beat him on professional with no ramrods.

7 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Dont worry too much about it if you dont have enough ramrods. You can easily beat him on professional with no ramrods.

The main problem I'm having is that the 2nd stage is taking so long.     It's either I rush and die or take to long and just run out of supplies.   Advise seems to get in his face and blast away. 

13 hours ago, Shipwreck24273 said:

I was in a similar situation... I had lots of regular handgun ammo, 1 full clip of ramrods, and 24 shotgun rounds and  would fight him until I ran out of ammo. Ultimately I had to just start over and be more careful with my shotgun and ramrod ammo. The second time I got back to him,  I had 3 neuro grenades, 4 fire grenades,  50ish handgun ammo, 16 ramrod rounds, and (after opening the crates in his area) just over 100 shotgun rounds. Right off the bat I blasted him with the shotgun until his chest opened up and then put as many ramrods in him as I could. Often that was enough to get to the second round; if not I would use the neuro grenades to stun him and the hit him with the shotgun some more. In the second round I hit him with the fire grenade and then put more ramrods in him until I was out. Then it was fire grenades and shotgun until he finally went down. Dont waste your time with neuro grenades in the second round or regular handgun ammo at all unless youre out of everything else. It still took me 30 - 40 tries and a few hours to kill him; he a tough sonofab!tch.

GOT IT.  Finally.  It was actually quite straightforward; with 6+ Ramrods, 100+ shotgun and 5 Fire Grenades this was simple.  Also collect all the antique coins, as getting the C scope it helps so much. 

• Like 1

Getting really close (I hope, anyway. Don't like that there's no indication of how close you are. Closest one could have been 30% left for all I know), but never quite getting there. Have 90 shotgun shells and 8 Ramrods after raiding boxes and taking everything in the boss room. Thankfully also 3 Medpaks, 4 stun grenades, 2 fire grenades and 2 regular grenades. One of my first runs, I started using stun grenades, and they consistently worked, which was a relief. But in all subsequent runs, they only work about 1/3 of the time. So I'm basically just running around the arena, shooting him in the gut with my shotgun for a couple of minutes. 

I'm mostly consistently able to avoid damage, except when I have to recharge oxygen, which usually ends up killing me when I'm out of medpaks. 

Starting to get tired of this, hope I defeat him soon. 

Update: YES FINALLY GOT IT

Onto End of Zoe now :D

Edited by QuentinCle95