Network Pass included in the EU Digital Version?

I live in Europe and right now there's Uncharted 3 GOTY at €6.99. I already have the physical edition, but never played the online portion because I bought it used and didn't have the code.

My question is: does the above version on the EU store already include the Network Pass and can I use it with the physical edition I already have, or should I buy the network pass separately for a higher price (€9.99)?

Edit: before you ask, I can't download and install the digital version because I have the 120 GB PS3 and U3 GOTY is like 60 GBs.

Edited by RainyDusk

You won't be able to earn MP trophies with digital version, same with Uncharted 2, just so you know.

Download is divided into many files. SP is one big file. MP is many smaller files. It's not one 60Gb download.

You don't need Network Pass for digital titles if you play on the account you bought the game on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RainyDusk said:

I live in Europe and right now there's Uncharted 3 GOTY at €6.99. I already have the physical edition, but never played the online portion because I bought it used and didn't have the code.

My question is: does the above version on the EU store already include the Network Pass and can I use it with the physical edition I already have, or should I buy the network pass separately for a higher price (€9.99)?

Edit: before you ask, I can't download and install the digital version because I have the 120 GB PS3 and U3 GOTY is like 60 GBs.

1jx0Zjj.png

This is how the GotY edition comes digital. I didn't download all of the files and it worked just fine. I don't see why you couldn't download just the online portions and use your disk version. This is how the files would look if you bought them individually anyways.

2 minutes ago, Iiah said:

u3 goty has everything on disc already. question was - does digital have network pass as separate download.

There is no network pass.

You can play online with the free version even.

Ahhh....just found this. Look at the description in the beginning. The guide writter tells you how to go about your problem. You can get the goty edition and download just the mp stuff like I said in my first post.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/guide/

Network Pass is required for online play. Maybe the situation is different in Europe than in other countries, so I need some clarification from EU players.

I think that even if I download the multiplayer files from the GOTY digital version, the game on disk will still ask for a Network Pass. Supposedly, Network Pass should be a few KBs file you download and install.

If that file isn't included in the GOTY EU digital version, maybe I shouldn't risk and just get the Network Pass separately.

Edited by RainyDusk

9 hours ago, RainyDusk said:

Network Pass is required for online play. Maybe the situation is different in Europe than in other countries, so I need some clarification from EU players.

I think that even if I download the multiplayer files from the GOTY digital version, the game on disk will still ask for a Network Pass. Supposedly, Network Pass should be a few KBs file you download and install.

If that file isn't included in the GOTY EU digital version, maybe I shouldn't risk and just get the Network Pass separately.

Oh sweet. So I went out of my way to find a link that shows you what to do and you ignore it? Why post this thread at all if you are ignoring anybody who posts a solution?

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comments

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Oh sweet. So I went out of my way to find a link that shows you what to do and you ignore it? Why post this thread at all if you are ignoring anybody who posts a solution?  

I followed your link and I only found this:

"Naughty Dog decided back in 2012 to make the Multiplayer a Free to Play download from the PSN store and although it is capped to certain ranks, still allows you to play competitive game modes and will thus unlock the related trophy (Thrillseeker) which numerous sources have confirmed. This makes the requirement for an online pass redundant, the only people who would need to pay for an Online Pass are those with a used retail copy of the game. You can bypass this by downloading and playing the F2P Multiplayer from PS store before you even touch the disc. Load up, play the online and pop the trophy. Now uninstall all traces of UC3 from your PS3 and insert the disc to unlock every other trophy required for the Platinum."

This doesn't fully answer my issue. What about multiplayer DLCs? It doesn't say anything about them. Are the DLCs in the GOTY digital version even compatible with the F2P multiplayer? I'm not so sure of it. Sorry if it sounds like a mess for me.

Edited by Stevieboy
Clean up for previous edit.

From what i remember, the digital version of Uncharted 3 is... the F2P multiplayer mode with all DLC (including unlocks) and i'm not joking when i say that the singleplayer mode is among them. Hell when you start the game the first thing that is highlighted is the multiplayer!

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

On 22.12.2017 at 4:18 PM, Lance_87 said:

There's no Online Pass itself, having the game will give you the entitlement. Also, not sure what dzstrpc is talking about.

Having the U3 GOTY Disc doesn't mean you have permition to play online. I had 1 copy for two ps3s and i need my main account with an online pass to play online on both consoles...

52 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Having the U3 GOTY Disc doesn't mean you have permition to play online. I had 1 copy for two ps3s and i need my main account with an online pass to play online on both consoles...

I was never talking about the physical version, if you read the main post.

8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

From what i remember, the digital version of Uncharted 3 is... the F2P multiplayer mode with all DLC (including unlocks) and i'm not joking when i say that the singleplayer mode is among them. Hell when you start the game the first thing that is highlighted is the multiplayer!

Are you saying that, since U3 F2P multiplayer doesn't need single player content to be installed, I can just download and install the multiplayer files from U3 GOTY digital and play it? Can you or anyone confirm this for the European version?

Basically, I can't install both single and multiplayer content from the GOTY digital version. I just checked and It's 50 GB total, so I need at least 100 GB free. My PS3 HDD is 120 GB, but actually is way less free space (about 90 gb). Even by deleting everything, it's not possible. Buying or using another HDD isn't an option for me.

Single player alone doesn't work, but the multiplayer alone does? That's weird... but in that case, it's perfectly fine. I still have to complete Crushing mode and get misc single player trophies, so I'll get those by playing the disc version.

Right now I have 43 GB left on my HDD. I'm aiming for 100% on Uncharted 3, but it would probably require at least a year for me consider how grindy and difficult it is and my scarce free time. Also, I have other games installed on PS3 that I'm actively playing and will play while I go for 100% on U3.

Thanks for your replies, and happy holidays!

1 hour ago, RainyDusk said:

Single player alone doesn't work, but the multiplayer alone does? That's weird... but in that case, it's perfectly fine. I still have to complete Crushing mode and get misc single player trophies, so I'll get those by playing the disc version.

Right now I have 43 GB left on my HDD. I'm aiming for 100% on Uncharted 3, but it would probably require at least a year for me consider how grindy and difficult it is and my scarce free time. Also, I have other games installed on PS3 that I'm actively playing and will play while I go for 100% on U3.

Thanks for your replies, and happy holidays!

Like i said in the previous post, the singleplayer mode is treated as a DLC for the multiplayer mode in the digital version of U3. In fact when you start the game, the first highlighted option is Multiplayer, not Singleplayer like the vast majority of games better known for their singleplayer modes.

Not sure how it was before they made the multiplayer mode F2P, i bought the game long after they offered the singleplayer as a PS+ title.

the GOTY version got everything in it even the useless stuff like " every single DLC, network pass, the full game and probably some bonus stuff like avatars and dynamic themes ".

i believe even if you bought the standard version digitally it will come with the network pass, since buying it digitally equal buying the physical copy brand new.

25 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the GOTY version got everything in it even the useless stuff like " every single DLC, network pass, the full game and probably some bonus stuff like avatars and dynamic themes ".

i believe even if you bought the standard version digitally it will come with the network pass, since buying it digitally equal buying the physical copy brand new.

There's not a unlock key named "Network/Online Pass". There are DLC map packs and various level unlocks for multiplayer, and then singleplayer mode, the optional 3D movies and the various language packs.

It's like the GOTY version of The Last of Us, it didn't come with a Network Pass but it's playable online. Or other third-party titles like Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

We're talking about the digital version here. There's not a unlock key named "Network/Online Pass". There are DLC map packs and various level unlocks.

It's like the GOTY version of The Last of Us, it didn't come with a Network Pass but it's playable online. Or other third-party titles like Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

yes i'm aware of that, buying any game digitally that have an online component can be played online right away though you have to be careful as some of them are still can be sold separately like Starhawk, this game have three version in the store there's the full game which I think it's around $15 single and multiplayer modes, then there's the stand alone story campaign mode which for an odd reason is around  $18 or $20 or something and the stand alone MP mode which also an $18.