Say something about Single Player

biotransformatio

It's fun while playing it,like shooting,puzzle,hunting,collecting.

But it's unacceptable that Type 100 SMG(A gun made in japan in WWII) can be upgraded to a rifle by collecting rifle parts.Trust me,it's SMG,not assault rifle.And after being upgraded,it becomes a weapon like MP-44(or AK-47?forgot it).why do Crystal Dynamics do it?I can't get it!!!!!

And I enjoy the whole game,but the most troubled thing is QTE,yeah,it appears everywhere,it's sometimes shown beside lara,and sometimes you'll be unable to see it.It often appears when you almost fall down from a high place like building or bridge or something else.

And the biggest problem is that you can't even choose a part of singleplayer to play,if you wanna replay a part of Singleplayer,I'd be sad to tell ya:You gotta start the game from the beginning.It means that you can't replay the single mission whenever you want,because it has continuity.

At last,I wanna say it's just like what happened in Farcry 3(Just my feeling).Same situation happened in a island,and you gotta save your guys out of the hands of gangs in island.And there're also some japanese bases and bunkers built for defending against the USA army in Pacific War during WWII.At last you and your guys went home,but of course some would die.And also there're some difference like gender of character,genre of game,story of game.

I'd like to start off by saying that it is just a game so who cares what a gun can be upgraded to..

They were all over the place but I didn't have any trouble with the quick time events at all, so. The QTE's are basically the same every time. <~ :l3:~>  :square:  and  :triangle:  are the main QTE buttons in the game. I don't need a prompt every time I'm losing grip ( :square: each time) because I recognize the animation.

The only reason I'd want to replay a part of the game is if I missed a story related trophy. Seeing how there is only one of those (complete the game) I don't feel the need to replay a "mission" nor do I find it necessary. I'm glad they didn't add the replay option, it adds actual replay value to the game. A New Game + would have been nice though.

As for the Far Cry 3 similarities, I will not go into them.

• Like 1

The things biotransformatio mentioned are extremely minor things that, in my mind, dont detract from the single player experiance at all. You cant be too critical or else you won't enjoy games as much.

I was just saying and don't be so serious,the game itself is actually excellent,but the gun upgrading system is a surprise to me because i've almost never seen this in other games,I promise.from what I said,you may think it's naive but it's my experience to this game,and English isn't my mother tongue so something can't be expressed so clearly.And I surely know this's a meaningless topic.

Edited by biotransformatio

From what i gathered it's not weapon upgrades, but building a weapon from the parts you find. That's an "upgrade" because you get a stronger weapon, but not because you modify the one you already have.

Even if the previous mods are transported directly to the new weapon...

Edited by DocDoomII

I'm curious, but just how long is the single player campaign as I've heard it's really short. Someone said you could get through it in about 4 hours. Is this true?

If you're not collecting anything then yes, 4 hours is the approximate amount of time it would take.

I'm curious, but just how long is the single player campaign as I've heard it's really short. Someone said you could get through it in about 4 hours. Is this true?

You could do a speedrun in that amount of time for sure, although it escapes me why anybody would do that. Unless you're doing a cleanup run for some trophies you missed.

It took me about 13-15 hours to 100% SP. I suggest taking your time with the game, it has a lot to offer and it would be a shame to just boost through it.

If you're not collecting anything then yes, 4 hours is the approximate amount of time it would take.

You sure you're not thinking of MGR:Rising? I've heard that game is very short but I've not hear anyone say Tomb Raider is that short. Like said, maybe a speedrun could be completed in that amount of time but most people don't do that on their first playthrough.

Parker

SP is definitly ace, enjoyed every single minute. As for those who missed the Chatterbox trophy,some kind of replay of chapters would b nice. Instead im gonna replay from the beginning ..... speedrun i'd say ^^

Edited by sayuri357