1 or 2 Playthroughs?

PipeSwinger

I'd like to eventually get a Platinum in Contracts. Should I play two playthroughs, one on the easiest difficulty and one on profesional? Or could I get by doing one playthrough on profesional? When I was going for a platinum in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin I did one playthrough on profesional, and it wasn't so hard. However collecting all the guns afterward was a pain. It was also annoying trying to get 47 kills in a mission and killing people with a golf club multiple times. Any advice?

I did my first playthrough on hard, not going for challenges or anything, and then did a second playthrough on normal, getting all the evidence and 100 challenges. Even on hard, it's not that bad. Combat's rough, but if you're a true assassin you shouldn't have to worry about it.  B)

Ignore that. I thought this was for Absolution. Lol.

I did my first playthrough on hard, not going for challenges or anything, and then did a second playthrough on normal, getting all the evidence and 100 challenges. Even on hard, it's not that bad. Combat's rough, but if you're a true assassin you shouldn't have to worry about it.  B)

Ignore that. I thought this was for Absolution. Lol.

Haha I already got my platinum in Absolution. I can't tell you enough how much fun it was :D Thanks anyway bro! 

2 playthroughs. Hitman is way easier when you know your way around the levels.

I'll go ahead and do two playthroughs. Thanks for the help! 

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 21/02/2020 at 1:57 AM, rk325 said:

If you drop a weapon that you earned via Silent Assassin rating, and lose it in your inventory, how do you get it back?

Try mission select, complete the mission again and you should be able to get it back. I had a similar issue in Hitman 2: SA.

18 hours ago, Bliss said:

Try mission select, complete the mission again and you should be able to get it back. I had a similar issue in Hitman 2: SA.

I had to replay the level again and achieve the SA rating to get back the weapons.  I hated to do that but I managed it and got my platinum trophy.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Apologies for commenting on a REALLY old post, but for people picking this up before the PS3 stores close wondering if they should do 1 or 2. I HIGHLY recommend 2 playthroughs. Getting the PGM on the last mission on professional alone will make you want to pull your hair out. Plus lugging the minigun all the way through the first mission only to die near the end is absolutely tedious since you walk so goddamn slow with it. You can beat all 12 missions with SA on Normal in probably about 2-3 hours which isn't that bad considering you'll be saving yourself a lot of hassle that way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/04/2021 at 4:54 AM, ObsiEez said:

Apologies for commenting on a REALLY old post, but for people picking this up before the PS3 stores close wondering if they should do 1 or 2. I HIGHLY recommend 2 playthroughs. Getting the PGM on the last mission on professional alone will make you want to pull your hair out. Plus lugging the minigun all the way through the first mission only to die near the end is absolutely tedious since you walk so goddamn slow with it. You can beat all 12 missions with SA on Normal in probably about 2-3 hours which isn't that bad considering you'll be saving yourself a lot of hassle that way.

Too late, I started on professional and im on 4/12 missions done now, i did hitman 2 in that way and it was a true nightmare lol, at least the hardest one is out of my way so i can do this as well.

Edit: I also heard that some weapons are only unlocked when you get silent assassin in the pro, I may be wrong but I think that it is not possible to change the difficulty after starting in normal.

Edited by kevao97

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Too late, I started on professional and im on 4/12 missions done now, i did hitman 2 in that way and it was a true nightmare lol, at least the hardest one is out of my way so i can do this as well.

Edit: I also heard that some weapons are only unlocked when you get silent assassin in the pro, I may be wrong but I think that it is not possible to change the difficulty after starting in normal.

There are no weapons that unlock on Pro only as I got all weapons on Normal. I also did Hitman 2 getting all weapons on Professional & that was a cake walk compared to this one. In my personally opinion, contracts is the hardest one out of the trilogy to platinum solely because of how some of the weapons are gotten & the fact you need to SA every single mission for a weapon

31 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

There are no weapons that unlock on Pro only as I got all weapons on Normal. I also did Hitman 2 getting all weapons on Professional & that was a cake walk compared to this one. In my personally opinion, contracts is the hardest one out of the trilogy to platinum solely because of how some of the weapons are gotten & the fact you need to SA every single mission for a weapon

You also need to SA every single mission on hitman 2, i did this on professional, im sure you need this. contracts is considered the easiest while blood money is problematic just because of some weapons, hitman 2 is popularly the most difficult due to the unjust nature of enemies. how the hell did you find it easy? even mastering the game and doing everything perfectly, the enemies' detection margin is very unfair and wrong, that game is pure hatred if played in professional

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

You also need to SA every single mission on hitman 2, i did this on professional, im sure you need this. contracts is considered the easiest while blood money is problematic just because of some weapons, hitman 2 is popularly the most difficult due to the unjust nature of enemies. how the hell did you find it easy? even mastering the game and doing everything perfectly, the enemies' detection margin is very unfair and wrong, that game is pure hatred if played in professional

You only need SA for 5 missions for Hitman 2. For the rest of them you can just speedrun it for the most part which is what I did. Honestly Hitman 2 is probably the easiest of the trilogy solely because none of the weapons are that problematic to get on Professional since the levels are just so short. With Contracts you need SA for all the missions & getting some of the guns (Like the PGM in the last missions) was easily the hardest out of the trilogy for me. I platinumed all 3 back to back (even though I've done Blood Money before as well), & I can say Contracts probably gave me the hardest time because the missions are longer & some of the weapons are harder to get making it difficult to get the weapon while also not dying. & yes the way the detection works in Hitman 2 is absolute trash, but there is a method in its madness

19 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

You only need SA for 5 missions for Hitman 2. For the rest of them you can just speedrun it for the most part which is what I did. Honestly Hitman 2 is probably the easiest of the trilogy solely because none of the weapons are that problematic to get on Professional since the levels are just so short. With Contracts you need SA for all the missions & getting some of the guns (Like the PGM in the last missions) was easily the hardest out of the trilogy for me. I platinumed all 3 back to back (even though I've done Blood Money before as well), & I can say Contracts probably gave me the hardest time because the missions are longer & some of the weapons are harder to get making it difficult to get the weapon while also not dying. & yes the way the detection works in Hitman 2 is absolute trash, but there is a method in its madness

are you telling me that it was not necessary at all levels? my god in heaven... i can't believe i went through hell for nothing. I heard that some weapons are just unlocked with a silent assassin rating, and as I needed the professional anyway... it was a week playing this over and over and lots of hate attacks lol, I can't believe it, denial hit me hard now

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

are you telling me that it was not necessary at all levels? my god in heaven... i can't believe i went through hell for nothing. I heard that some weapons are just unlocked with a silent assassin rating, and as I needed the professional anyway... it was a week playing this over and over and lots of hate attacks lol, I can't believe it, denial hit me hard now

Damn that really sucks. Yeah you only needed 5 SA in Hitman 2 as the last SA related gun you get is the M4. The only Hitman game where you need SA on all of them is Contracts. Blood Money doesn't need any at all for weapons but need to get 5 SA's on Professional anyway for a trophy. You could easily get all weapons on professional for Blood Money as well but that's another one I recommend doing 2 playthroughs for just because just like Contracts, the missions are a lot longer than Hitman 2's so any mistake will send you right back to the beginning

3 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Damn that really sucks. Yeah you only needed 5 SA in Hitman 2 as the last SA related gun you get is the M4. The only Hitman game where you need SA on all of them is Contracts. Blood Money doesn't need any at all for weapons but need to get 5 SA's on Professional anyway for a trophy. You could easily get all weapons on professional for Blood Money as well but that's another one I recommend doing 2 playthroughs for just because just like Contracts, the missions are a lot longer than Hitman 2's so any mistake will send you right back to the beginning

that's why i got into some discussions with people who said that hitman 2 wasn't hard to get platinum and i was like "what !? this guy can only be crazy" lol :P

Just now, kevao97 said:

that's why i got into some discussions with people who said that hitman 2 wasn't hard to get platinum and i was like "what !? this guy can only be crazy" lol :P

Yeah I can see why now. Getting SA on every single one of the missions would be a massive pain. I think I only got SA on about half of them while the rest I tried to SA but if I made a mistake I could come back from, I'd just keep going anyway

13 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Yeah I can see why now. Getting SA on every single one of the missions would be a massive pain. I think I only got SA on about half of them while the rest I tried to SA but if I made a mistake I could come back from, I'd just keep going anyway

at least now I have a merit that few people have ?